New A2 map

Discussions which are Out of Character.
Elu Dako

New A2 map

Post by Elu Dako »

Well, a new A2 map has finally been released, check it out: http://jediknight3.filefront.com/file/R ... emy;120843

May be good for future sims since it has even more to it then before, thoughts?
Kiwron Tirladdik
Lost One

Re: New A2 map

Post by Kiwron Tirladdik »

Im not even done devmapping through it, and its pretty amazing.
Olim Adasca
Lost One

Post by Olim Adasca »

http://jediknight3.filefront.com/file/;120843

They did a funny with the filename on the site, got an error with the original link.
Olim Adasca || Age: 33 || Species: Arkanian || Height: 1.86 m || Weight: 106.7 kg || Initiated: 274.28 ABY || Homeworld: Arkania || Birthdate: 268.20 || Mentors : Sebastin Creed 279.29 - 296.28 || Retired: 302.13 ABY
"Never give up, never surrender."
"Before all else, your duty to others."
"Always make your own drinks."
Elu Dako

Post by Elu Dako »

Nah, you just have to keep refreshing till it appears..filefronts been like this for a few months now.

Edit:

Interior :
- Training room
- Cantina
- 3 totally different duel rooms
- npc room
- arena ( arena admin room entrance is in the Satele Shan portrait)
- admin room ( button opening the entrance to admin room is hidden :) )
- jail
- conference room ( room with flags and goblets with lightsabers)
- skywalker room
- quarters ( 2x Padawan rooms , 1x Knights Room and 5 jedi master rooms)
- council room
- little library and bar
- hangars( with spawnable and flyable starships)
- conference pilots room
- main hall ( fountain with statue with flaming sword)
- locked door ( there will be some cool stuff in Final ver)
Exterior:
- Big garden with little waterfall , cafe spot , lake many trees
- Memorial ( with hidden memorial)
- Big waterfall with big landing outside the academy area ( with spawnable ships)
- roof with x-wing landing , 2 sniper posts , swimming pool and relax area.
- few secret areas to find by yourself :)

This map is so sexy!

I tested it and there wasn't one thing I didn't love, it even had an alarm button.
Illrian Damaris
Lost One

Post by Illrian Damaris »

Yeah, when it says error you just refresh till it loads the file.
Its some error they've had since the original issues of Filefront, still haven't discovered the issue either. If you notice, sometimes it even loads the main site to a really old setting with files that were "new" like, 6 months ago. Lol..

Anyways, the map is looking amazing! Honestly wouldn't mind seeing this added to the server.
Though, part of me is worried... lol. I don't know why, honestly, so don't ask why :P
| species_zabrak | age_55 | defender |
| initiated_280.17 | mentor_
aayla vigil |
| knighted_298.25 | padawan_
sawyer snow.rui vuusen |
Ellana

Post by Ellana »

I would -Really- Like to see this be our next temple map. I always liked a2beta4, but the new additions are very nice.

Of course there would need to be a few edits, but still, it's nice!
Vaka

Post by Vaka »

Just barely no-clipped through it, and it's pretty amazing. It includes about every single thing you'd want from the old a2_beta.

I wouldn't mind using this as an extra temple/mission map. The only Issue I'd see is the easy accessibility to all the admin rooms and spawn-buttons, although I'm sure locks or walls could be put on them with RPmod?
Name: Vaka Kahjin
Species: Rodian
Homeworld: Rodia
Wynne Avurys
Lost One

Post by Wynne Avurys »

Nice find. Would love to try another stealth sim :wink: in it. Illrian :ph34r: :lol:

From the screenshots, the kitchen looks great and they added further lighting.
I like the little cafeteria like look. :D

Our next map should have a day and night version so we can have :) the rotation thing goin again.

Best parts of map:
Bathroom with mirror (Dacs were better tho) :wub:
Long elevator shafts
Several Ship Hangars (With Sliding Door Access To Actually Let A Ship Fly In or Out)
Rooftop Garden was beautiful with a swimming pool
Pilot Conference Room (Like in Episode IV.)!

Cool sliding doors!!!!
Sniper Defense Post
Landing Pad and Entrance

| age_11 | species_hapan | homeworld_kuat | 293.05 |
| initiated_298.08 | Wynne Avurys | rank_initiate |

|I Want It All|
First step to feeling good is looking good.
There are things I cannot do. But there are certainly things I will do.

Computers . . . so unreliable . . . just like people.
Leadership is a privilege to better the lives of others.
It is not an opportunity to satisfy personal greed.

Olim Adasca
Lost One

Post by Olim Adasca »

According to internal sources, namely, Sai, which kindly describes some features, there'll be summer, winter, day, and night versions, describing a temperate climate for our new enclave. No more extremes.
Olim Adasca || Age: 33 || Species: Arkanian || Height: 1.86 m || Weight: 106.7 kg || Initiated: 274.28 ABY || Homeworld: Arkania || Birthdate: 268.20 || Mentors : Sebastin Creed 279.29 - 296.28 || Retired: 302.13 ABY
"Never give up, never surrender."
"Before all else, your duty to others."
"Always make your own drinks."
Rita Sandria
Lost One

Post by Rita Sandria »

I haven't checked jk3files in awhile, so I probably wouldn't of noticed the release of this map. Thank you for posting Elu, I'm always interested to see new map releases since they don't happen that much these days, unfortunately.

It may be useful for simulations, though I don't see it being used much, personally.
Illrian Damaris
Lost One

Post by Illrian Damaris »

I honestly don't see us using this for our next Temple.
I have my reasons for saying this, and those reasons will stay hidden unless a specific person wishes to say it himself/herself. But, we will be having our own Temple once again, but on a different planet...simply a matter of waiting ;)

But still, I went through this map in-game and I very much enjoy it!
| species_zabrak | age_55 | defender |
| initiated_280.17 | mentor_
aayla vigil |
| knighted_298.25 | padawan_
sawyer snow.rui vuusen |
Kih Bu
Lost One

Post by Kih Bu »

To be completely honest, I think this is a horrible map - particularly from an RP standpoint. Two rooms with lava beneath the floor, yuck. That alone is enough to deter me away from any liking of the map. I was never a fan of such things even before role-playing. I'm really not fond of the changes made to the main hall, either. I won't go over the complete list of issues that I have with the map, but overall I'd dislike us using it for anything. As far as I'm concerned, A2_Beta4_Day/Night will always be the Yavin IV temple and should be kept as such. That said, I was always a fan of Sai Akiada's edit to the map, although I completely understand why development of it was haulted.

Despite it's size, I'm more interested in the RP potential of this release.

-
JKHub | JEDI Videos | Files

i¯i▀▀▀▀▀i¯i‾°δ‾‾Pך

Kieran Orion
Lost One

Post by Kieran Orion »

I've read two lines of Master Kih bu's response and already, I have to agree. Going further than that, I don't see reason for this to be considered as a base map (A temple or enclave for ::JEDI::) in all truth.

Yes, I will not ignore that I love the work done on this map but I have to look passed that and see the Rp advantages/disadvantages...Again, it looks like Master Kih Bu mentioned this but lava....I don't see such a thing being within a Jedi temple, not to mention there would have to be several edits to restrain younglings from entering such places as Knights quarters or the jedi council room....

Forgive me if I'm not being clear enough, I do love this map and truly admire the work done to it however, I do not believe it's suitable to replace Alzoc III Enclave.

Homeworld: Iridonia | Languages: Basic, Ul'Zabrak | Mentor: Amone Fayden | Jedi Knight | Circle of Artisans.

Mortael Toronous

Post by Mortael Toronous »

Kih Bu wrote:To be completely honest, I think this is a horrible map - particularly from an RP standpoint. Two rooms with lava beneath the floor, yuck. That alone is enough to deter me away from any liking of the map. I was never a fan of such things even before role-playing. I'm really not fond of the changes made to the main hall, either. I won't go over the complete list of issues that I have with the map, but overall I'd dislike us using it for anything. As far as I'm concerned, A2_Beta4_Day/Night will always be the Yavin IV temple and should be kept as such. That said, I was always a fan of Sai Akiada's edit to the map, although I completely understand why development of it was haulted.

Despite it's size, I'm more interested in the RP potential of this release.
I'll have to agree with Kih Bu; my expectations for maps are very high I feel and I believe that the texturing job is very poor, along with the lighting. Besides, I have a strong feeling most of us would get very bored of that map within a matter of minutes. As for the RP potential, I see little of it as the map is.. relatively big, and thus making it feel more empty. Where as our current enclave is very delicate, small, well rounded- and well textured; with a limitless level of RP; PLUS: with any future rooms- that could be intensified greatly. If we're looking for maps however... Perhaps post a few more? But, for the galaxy server, for future missions or simply- when you wish to travel beyond the boundaries of the temple and explore more Alzoc? I'm sorry for being a bit "I HATE YO MAP, IT'S DISGUSTING"; but I just feel it's not the greatest standard for a permanent residence of RP.
| Name: Mortael Toronous | Age: 5| Date of Birth: --.19 Gender: Male | Species: Near-Human | Rank: None | Homeworld: Dantooine

Skin used: N/A
Aria Sadru
Exiled

Post by Aria Sadru »

I've been on the map, considering we used to use A2 beta, this is a vast improvement, despite the odd statue and lava areas, I have asked the maker to remove the lava and re-add the fountain in the main hall. I'd mainly would use the map as a reminder of how good the times on Yavin were but it has features that Sai wanted to add originally.

I personally think anything can replace Alzoc 3 Enclave, not saying I hate Alzoc 3, I just don't like it's environment and it's limitations compared to other maps out there but alas, Sai is making a new map in an nicer environment <3
Species_Kiffar| Rank_Initiate | Date of Initiation_298.06