Default Youngling Skin

Please post here to get help with RPMod (only!)
Motoko
Lost One

Default Youngling Skin

Post by Motoko »

Is there a default youngling skin included with the the skin packs or RPmod? Other hopefuls look like minature adults to me and I couldn't find a temp youngling skin to use until I downloaded and installed the youngling project. It's not my first mod rodeo so I was curious.
Tergos Zemnos
Lost One

Re: Default Youngling Skin

Post by Tergos Zemnos »

viewtopic.php?f=60&t=7711

I think what you're looking for is this, they also have a youngling skin for the slightly older kids. So less fat and more gaining in growth slightly, hope this is helpful. The model code for the skins should be listed by Ruluk. This -is- the skin pack you're going to 'have' to download if you don't want to see miniature Kyle Katarns everywhere.
Last edited by Tergos Zemnos on Tue May 01, 2012 11:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
Species: Human|Age: 50's| Initiated: 286.16|
Knighted: 310.28|Mentor: Sasha Raven_Delmi N'jork|Padawan: Arukh Bakh'tor_Xel Damar
Oberon
Lost One

Post by Oberon »

Motoko wrote:I couldn't find a temp youngling skin to use until I downloaded and installed the youngling project.
So I guess that means your issue is resolved? But no you're right RPmod does not include extraneous content like skins, maps, weapons, or vehicles.
Motoko
Lost One

Post by Motoko »

Tergos Zemnos wrote:viewtopic.php?f=60&t=7711

I think what you're looking for is this, they also have a youngling skin for the slightly older kids. So less fat and more gaining in growth slightly, hope this is helpful. The model code for the skins should be listed by Ruluk. This -is- the skin pack you're going to 'have' to download if you don't want to see miniature Kyle Katarns everywhere.

I did download that, it's what I'm personally using, but I still saw miniature Kyle Katarns.
Tergos Zemnos
Lost One

Post by Tergos Zemnos »

Then that reason is most likely because that youngling has a personal skin that they're using. Some hopefuls before hand make skins for themselves and their skins are not in the JEDI Skin Pack or in our Skin Respitory. In that case you're going to have to go to their individual comport accounts to gain the link for their skin. Sorry for the inconvenience.. trust me, I hate it too. :|
Species: Human|Age: 50's| Initiated: 286.16|
Knighted: 310.28|Mentor: Sasha Raven_Delmi N'jork|Padawan: Arukh Bakh'tor_Xel Damar
Illrian Damaris
Lost One

Post by Illrian Damaris »

It also could be that they are using the original youngling model, and not JEDI's custom made ones. That happens from time to time, just look into the custom ones some of the younglings are using and if that doesn't work then they're using a different skin all together or the original youngling model.
| species_zabrak | age_55 | defender |
| initiated_280.17 | mentor_
aayla vigil |
| knighted_298.25 | padawan_
sawyer snow.rui vuusen |
Motoko
Lost One

Post by Motoko »

Noted!

Guess I'll have to find some modeling and skinning guides sometime. :)
Ellana

Post by Ellana »

For example, many hopefuls that have custom skins link them in their signature.

Like such. ::Points down::
Oberon
Lost One

Post by Oberon »

Use the above as ONE example of where our hopefuls store their links, please don't see this as liscence to come say

LOLO DUDE SKIN

VVVVVVVVVVVVVVVV DOWN THERE VVVVVVVVVVVVVVVV

We don't have a Little Kids Skin Repository and never will. <3
Eugen Darkrider
Lost One

Post by Eugen Darkrider »

I honestly stopped bothering to download Hopeful skins. Most don't even stay that long.. Waste of space. Either way.

I would highly suggest, if you 'can' use the the Youngling Pack, then use that one. In my honest opinion. Most if not all kids look the same at a young age. (Unless they're different species, and the difference is visible)

Also, just gonna post it before someone else does. Good point Oberon. Take Ellana's post as an 'example'. Don't start saying 'Updated my skin, please download' As I said, for me it's bothersome (And I got the feeling I am not the only one). Since I don't download most of the hopeful skins. So.. Meh.

But yes. Anyhow, those are my two scents. :: Shrugs briefly ::

-Eugen
Masters: Nira'kalen'nuruodo | Iverian Prey | Aslyn Denethorn
Elu Dako

Post by Elu Dako »

I have to admit when I was a hopeful I never once saw the youngling pack used except for the basic human male youngling varient.

Seemed a shame really since Ruluk put alot of time and effort into it.
Motoko
Lost One

Post by Motoko »

Well I'm certainly using it. :)
Oberon
Lost One

Post by Oberon »

Elu Dako wrote:I have to admit when I was a hopeful
Arn't you still a hopeful?
Elu Dako

Post by Elu Dako »

No, I was turned down in January.
Illrian Damaris
Lost One

Post by Illrian Damaris »

Oberon wrote:
Elu Dako wrote:I have to admit when I was a hopeful
Arn't you still a hopeful?
There are reasons why he said when.. and those reasons, basically he just said in a nutshell.

Anyways, the majority of hopefuls actually do tend to use the Youngling skin pack, but back when you were active, Elu, there weren't honestly that many hopeful's that were of a species close enough to use it. Its used by a good portion of the Hopeful's around right now from what I can tell.

Anyways, this topic has long-served its purpose. I'm requesting either we let it die because the question was answered, or an admin go ahead and lock it up.
| species_zabrak | age_55 | defender |
| initiated_280.17 | mentor_
aayla vigil |
| knighted_298.25 | padawan_
sawyer snow.rui vuusen |