Additional Emotes: Post Here

Post your ideas and suggestions here
Wynne Avurys
Lost One

Additional Emotes: Post Here

Post by Wynne Avurys »

If there was another update to the pack of the emotes we currently have and there were some we missed, please post :D a shot if you find any cool ones we could possibly add.

Left: *NEW* Posture, Right: Implemented Already (Reprimanding)

code: both stand 7 to stand 8

| age_11 | species_hapan | homeworld_kuat | 293.05 |
| initiated_298.08 | Wynne Avurys | rank_initiate |

|I Want It All|
First step to feeling good is looking good.
There are things I cannot do. But there are certainly things I will do.

Computers . . . so unreliable . . . just like people.
Leadership is a privilege to better the lives of others.
It is not an opportunity to satisfy personal greed.

Illrian Damaris
Lost One

Re: Additional Emotes: Post Here

Post by Illrian Damaris »

Honestly I have to admit, I love that one on the left.
I don't know what exactly it is, but the way the hands rest on the waist looks great.
| species_zabrak | age_55 | defender |
| initiated_280.17 | mentor_
aayla vigil |
| knighted_298.25 | padawan_
sawyer snow.rui vuusen |
Oberon
Lost One

Post by Oberon »

If I had to pick any emote to add it'd be something like this (from Half Life 2)

As sort of a thumbs hooked in belt or in pockets type motion. Or something for us guys to use casually. /emhips'ing strikes me as pretty feminine or childish, at least how it's portrayed by the game right now.
Wynne Avurys
Lost One

Post by Wynne Avurys »

I don't believe you can create new emotes from scratch from what I remember when I asked Amone about it. Sorry if I wasn't clear.
But emotes you can actually see in modview that we had missed. But that would've been cool to see though.

|I Want It All|

Kih Bu
Lost One

Post by Kih Bu »

Bare in mind that we can only have a limited number of emotes! So think hard on whether or not it's truly necessary to have it included - presuming it were to be implemented.

:)

EDIT: On the subject of animations, I wouldn't mind some being renamed. The sitting ones in particular come to mind. Often, I have to /emsit1-8 to find the one I want. Could we maybe have something along the lines of /emsittired, /emsitatdesk, /emsitcrossarms? I may be alone in my troubles here, but I thought I'd put it out there just the same!

-
JKHub | JEDI Videos | Files

i¯i▀▀▀▀▀i¯i‾°δ‾‾Pך

Amoné Fayden
Lost One

Post by Amoné Fayden »

Kih Bu wrote:Bare in mind that we can only have a limited number of emotes! So think hard on whether or not it's truly necessary to have it included - presuming it were to be implemented.
That. ^^^^
Kih Bu wrote: On the subject of animations, I wouldn't mind some being renamed. The sitting ones in particular come to mind. Often, I have to /emsit1-8 to find the one I want. Could we maybe have something along the lines of /emsittired, /emsitatdesk, /emsitcrossarms?
The reason they are 1-11 is for quicker use. Surely It's easier (and quicker) to type emsit3 rather than say /emsitcrossarms. No?
I suggest spending maybe 10 mins in a quiet corner or on Galaxy to play with the emotes and familiarize yourself with them. It might be easy for me to say since I was the one to name them, but it doesn't take long to get used to them.
Alternatively, bind the ones you like to use the most to keys. That way you don't need to type anything.

There's also a reference page here:

[JKA Pack] RPMod Emotes
Last edited by Amoné Fayden on Mon May 07, 2012 4:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

Human/Zabrak | Jedi Knight | Padawan: Kieran Orion

Amoné Fayden
Lost One

Post by Amoné Fayden »

(Double Posting to address the other points!)

The animations pack will be updated eventually.
Over the time since they were released I've essentially being trialling them and it's become quite clear which emotes are used more often and which are not.
The ones that are rarely used will be removed and replaced with something else.

However, I do need to draw the line at some point and the original /emhips suggestion made by Wynne above probably won't be added. It looks good! Don't get me wrong. But it's really such a minuscule change that I don't think it merits occupying a whole new animation slot.
The custom emotes slots should really be reserved for brand new emotes, rather than slight alterations to what we already have.

If it were me, I wouldn't find it immersion-breaking to do /emhips and write :: Places her palms on her hips:: since the emote is near identical to the written action.

There's a lot of cool emotes in JKA but they are often part of a sequence.
For example!
Wynne's new suggested emhips emote is actually the first frame of a "use console" emote. I cannot program emotes to freeze on certain frames of an emote. The only way around this would be to copy the frame of the emote needed and make it into a brand new emote.

This would occupy a free slot and is really not worth it.
Oberon wrote:
As sort of a thumbs hooked in belt or in pockets type motion.
I've tried to avoid emotes that rely on specific models or skins.
Not every model will have pockets or a belt to hook their thumbs in.

So yeah, suggestions are great but try to think broadly!
What could be used for multiple emotes? Can most models use it?
Does it work across both genders? Is it too specific to a certain RP that it would be rarely used? Is it different enough from what we currently have that it deserves it's own emote in our decreasing list of remaining slots?

(Sorry for another TL;DNR but there's a lot of points to cover! :))

Wynne Avurys
Lost One

Post by Wynne Avurys »

Thanks for that reference link. :D Didn't know we had that.

Yeah, I wasn't really sure how it worked being attached to a whole sequence and thought it could be taken separately apart on it's own. That kinda wreaks. :-| But if there are more of those that stand alone that we may have missed, it would be great. I'll try to look for more.

But before you do provide a new update, could you please provide a list of which ones you may remove in case we might want to keep certain ones as well.

I really like that new hip one compared to the old one. Maybe we can get a vote on that to replace it, but as Kih Bu and you said, we would have to keep an eye on the number of stances and poses as it is limited to only a certain amount. *argh* or shall I say "oh poo!" :mellow: If only we could raise the number lol

|I Want It All|

Amoné Fayden
Lost One

Post by Amoné Fayden »

Wynne Avurys wrote: But before you do provide a new update, could you please provide a list of which ones you may remove in case we might want to keep certain ones as well.
I've already had a couple of people warn me of the same! Hah!

I will advise which ones I'd like to remove and there will be some unhappy customers (including myself!). But sadly, some emotes will just need to be axed if only 1-2 people actually use them and only once on a blue moon.

The biggest requests so far have been combat orientated ones.

Oberon
Lost One

Post by Oberon »

Amoné Fayden wrote: There's also a reference page here:

[JKA Pack] RPMod Emotes

Some of those are inaccurately listed. The one listed as /emliedown2, on back looking up, is actually emliedown3... and... that's the only one I can remember.
Amoné Fayden
Lost One

Post by Amoné Fayden »

Oberon wrote:
Amoné Fayden wrote: There's also a reference page here:

[JKA Pack] RPMod Emotes

Some of those are inaccurately listed. The one listed as /emliedown2, on back looking up, is actually emliedown3... and... that's the only one I can remember.

The list was made as the emotes were going out the door but I recall having to make last minute changes to the emotes.dat. That's probably where the inconsistency is.

Thanks Oberon! I'll go through it and double check for any other errors. :)

Sebastin Creed
Lost One

Post by Sebastin Creed »

Amoné Fayden wrote: The reason they are 1-11 is for quicker use. Surely It's easier (and quicker) to type emsit3 rather than say /emsitcrossarms. No?
Unless your me and forget which is which, ending up with me going through all 1-11 to find the one I wanted in the first place!

haha. :D

|Padawan(s): Olim Adasca|Rita Sandria| Kantha Maitri|Shaok Panek|Kajuun Mujai|Jago Mirax|Jerex Sol

Amoné Fayden
Lost One

Post by Amoné Fayden »

Sebastin Creed wrote: Unless your me and forget which is which, ending up with me going through all 1-11 to find the one I wanted in the first place!

haha. :D
Seb: Where is that pesky emote I like to use?....1....2....5.... ah! 7! Found it!
Seb: /bind <key> emsit7

It's really NOT hard. :x

Sebastin Creed
Lost One

Post by Sebastin Creed »

Seb: Hmm... where to bind it? a? no no... that's meditation... what about... f! no no, that's leaning... hmm, k? no no, that's kneeling...

|Padawan(s): Olim Adasca|Rita Sandria| Kantha Maitri|Shaok Panek|Kajuun Mujai|Jago Mirax|Jerex Sol

Amoné Fayden
Lost One

Post by Amoné Fayden »

Sebastin Creed wrote:Seb: Hmm... where to bind it? a? no no... that's meditation... what about... f! no no, that's leaning... hmm, k? no no, that's kneeling...
Maybe unbind:

/model blindfold1, /model blindfold2, /model blindfold3, /model blindfold4, /model blindfold5, /model blindfold6, /model blindfold7.....
/model blindfoldhoodup1, /model blindfoldhoodup2, /model blindfoldhoodup3...
Oh! and /npc spawn rancor. Remove that.

:lol:
Last edited by Amoné Fayden on Mon May 07, 2012 6:21 am, edited 1 time in total.