Cursor, Menu Video & Music Alterations

Discussions which are Out of Character.
Kih Bu
Lost One

Cursor, Menu Video & Music Alterations

Post by Kih Bu »

Hello again! This time around I'd like to share a few more alterations that I've made that're up for grabs if you want them. All of these pk3s ought to be in your RPMod folder, not your Base.

The first is a small mod that overwrites the video played during the main menu. It also removes the grid that partially covers it. The end result looks like this:
(Yes, I made one similar in the past. No, it is not the same one.)

Second is a new cursor, taken directly from Jedi Outcast. All I did was take the cursor images and shader and apply them to Jedi Academy, little to no work on my part there aside from the packaging. You can see it in the image above, poorly represented without the glowing shader. Download to see it in its full glory!

Lastly is a mod that alters the music played during the main menu. I've tinkered with the main.menu file in the jamp folder under UI. Don't worry folks, I copied the RPMod one, so no conflicts when you slap it in your RPMod folder! The reason I've made an alteration there is to change the line of text that dictates what music is played. No longer will you have to overwrite t2_dpred tracks. So if you want to overwrite the music that I've included in the pk3, you can do so without overwriting your Base music. The music that I have chosen is Bastila Shan's theme.
zMainVideo.zip
(2.44 MiB) Downloaded 189 times
ZMenuMusic.zip
(1.35 MiB) Downloaded 196 times
zSaberCursor.zip
(8.54 KiB) Downloaded 191 times

-
JKHub | JEDI Videos | Files

i¯i▀▀▀▀▀i¯i‾°δ‾‾Pך

Zelai Kol'iva
Lost One

Re: Cursor, Menu Video & Music Alterations

Post by Zelai Kol'iva »

I know they are just tiny tweaks, however this is what will separate me from quickly rushing to get connected to a server so I don't have to listen to that music, not to mention that it blasts away your speakers unexpectedly. Thank you once again, Kih! 8)
Illrian Damaris
Lost One

Re: Cursor, Menu Video & Music Alterations

Post by Illrian Damaris »

Very nicely done, Kih! I've already got all our current mods downloaded and installed. I regret to say, though, that I have my music turned off most of the time so I have not heard the music you changed yet, but I promise I'll do so eventually so I can bask in all the greatness! :P
| species_zabrak | age_55 | defender |
| initiated_280.17 | mentor_
aayla vigil |
| knighted_298.25 | padawan_
sawyer snow.rui vuusen |