New Lightsaber blades

Post your ideas and suggestions here
Des Anaro
Lost One

New Lightsaber blades

Post by Des Anaro »

I have been using this little mod for quite some time now,
It pretty much erases, in my opinion, the need
for RGB colors, because I think it makes the default colors look much better and more realistic (or more like they look in the movies).

I hope no one else has been suggesting something like this, let alone this very mod.

http://jediknight3.filefront.com/file/;115835

Here is the mod, there should be plenty of screenshots, too.
I'd be grateful to hear your opinions!
This may be unnecessary, but I think it's quite nice myself.
|Species_Human | Homeworld_Kashyyyk | Mentor_Sai Akiada | Padawan_Jel'a Vra |
Joran Fordo

Re: New Lightsaber blades

Post by Joran Fordo »

::clicks on download link::

Good mod, I'll give it a try! :D
Kieran Orion
Lost One

Post by Kieran Orion »

After a while on the server with Des, we got to discussing this a little bit. I downloaded the mod at first chance and have no regrets, it does make the lightsabers look better in my opinion. I think it's worth a look for those that find the small things really important to their roleplaying, worth a look for any if not download it too.

I give this my thumbs up.

8)

Homeworld: Iridonia | Languages: Basic, Ul'Zabrak | Mentor: Amone Fayden | Jedi Knight | Circle of Artisans.

Illrian Damaris
Lost One

Post by Illrian Damaris »

Why would you want to remove the need for RGB colors? A lot of people tend to have RGB color-based blades, such as Aayla and myself for example. I cannot get the color I'm using if it removes the RGB ones.. o.o

Or did I misunderstand and it doesn't remove the RGB, just makes the defaults look better?
| species_zabrak | age_55 | defender |
| initiated_280.17 | mentor_
aayla vigil |
| knighted_298.25 | padawan_
sawyer snow.rui vuusen |
Des Anaro
Lost One

Post by Des Anaro »

I don't want to remove the need for it, maybe I should have expressed myself more clearly. I just think that this mod makes the default colors look much better than they normally would, and personally think they still look better than RGB colors.
Of course, if you want to individualize your blade, you will probably need the RGB colors, and may get some nice combinations, though I think the blade doesn't look as good anymore if you do (as in, the shape of the blade).
I am not sure this mod let's you only change the color of the blade if you use RGB, or if it will also change the shape of it, as it is currently the case.
Again, as Kieran said, you only really need this if you care about small details, and in this case I do.
Delmi N'jork
Jedi Master

Post by Delmi N'jork »

I made a version of that mod that supports RGB saber colours here. As for erasing the need of RGB colours, I will disagree to that to the end of time. The movies, out side of Mace Windu, did a terrible job portraying the different colours, even the various shades of blue and green, we should have seen.
|Age_187|Height_7'3|Weight_427lb|Race_Nelvaan|Mentor_Maloush Paroveid|Padawans_Aurien Uriah_Amoné Fayden_Tergos Zemnos_Esth Me'sku_Virtuo Alegan_Tweek Etimau_Dithaal_Sirius Invictus_Aqua Sol_Ina'eo'nekri
Des Anaro
Lost One

Post by Des Anaro »

Ah cool, it seems there is no need for this mod after all then, since you already made one :lol: Again though, I didn't mean to say I want to erase the need for RGB colors, I meant to say that I don't feel they are necessary anymore, that is only my opinion though.

Thanks!
Kieran Orion
Lost One

Post by Kieran Orion »

Excellent Delmi, I don't think either of us knew about that mod of yours, well done. our inferior mod is nothing compared to the power of the fully operational dea- *Ah* I mean Delmi's mod...*Er*...Yeah...

8)

Homeworld: Iridonia | Languages: Basic, Ul'Zabrak | Mentor: Amone Fayden | Jedi Knight | Circle of Artisans.