Force Absorb 5 + Lightning - collision

Post your ideas and suggestions here
Tergos Zemnos
Lost One

Force Absorb 5 + Lightning - collision

Post by Tergos Zemnos »

I've taken some thought into this and I'd thought of suggesting it here. I had thought of perhaps implementing a sort repelling type system for our more advanced force users. Those strong enough to use the Force Absorb in the form of the two orbs such as Grand Master Yoda, and storm at a stronger level. My suggestion is that there'd be a sort of repel if the two users of these techniques would under go a repulse if they were to collide with each other using the ability or perhaps would both be repulsed if they spent to long doing it; what're your thoughts? I've already spoken to Fabien and it might be possible to implement if this is accepted by the JEDI community.
Azrael
Lost One

Re: Force Absorb 5 + Lightning - collision

Post by Azrael »

We don't need more of Revenge of the Sith in JEDI.
|Species: Chiss | Homeworld: Coruscant | Mentors: Aeon Xarbon, Shimi Zaki | Padawans: Imil Ucindus, Kiwron Tirladdik, Munro Olar, Shakk'aven |Position:Jedi Master - Historian/Librarian
Kieran Orion
Lost One

Post by Kieran Orion »

Is there any way we could implement it in Saber Defense, maybe max level ? That would be pretty epic. Obviously the ability would have to come down to force mastery and perhaps an exception for the lucky guy that comes across the specific crystal that holds the ability (Highly unlikely).

Homeworld: Iridonia | Languages: Basic, Ul'Zabrak | Mentor: Amone Fayden | Jedi Knight | Circle of Artisans.

Elu Dako

Post by Elu Dako »

Well Level 5 Saber Defense already auto blocks most lightning, same for level 4, don't forget though that Lightning level 5 does Knockdown, I can see where Tergos is coming from, since Absorb 5 + Saber you can't attack because of the block stance lock, maybe instead of lightning reflection, have it so you can attack with saber when blocking at level 5?
Sai Akiada
Lost One

Post by Sai Akiada »

Azrael wrote:We don't need more of Revenge of the Sith in JEDI.
I agree with Azrael here.

I'm not against finding another 'equalizer' but I'm not too keen on this suggestion if I'm honest.

| Age_50's | Race_Human | Padawan_Zeak Dystiny, Des Anaro, Zuri Lyn |

Delmi N'jork
Jedi Master

Post by Delmi N'jork »

I know we discussed this last night, but the main point that I'd like to stick with is that both Yoda and Palpatine were extremely powerful and experienced in their appropriate sides of the Force. I believe what happened when Yoda faced the Emperor's lightning was a bit of extreme case. Adding that to even only when lightning and absorb 5 go head to head would still probably make it too common of a happening.
|Age_187|Height_7'3|Weight_427lb|Race_Nelvaan|Mentor_Maloush Paroveid|Padawans_Aurien Uriah_Amoné Fayden_Tergos Zemnos_Esth Me'sku_Virtuo Alegan_Tweek Etimau_Dithaal_Sirius Invictus_Aqua Sol_Ina'eo'nekri