Help!

Please post here to get help with RPMod (only!)
Delmi N'jork
Jedi Master

Re: Help!

Post by Delmi N'jork »

Motoko wrote:Get us a DxDiag.
What is that and how do I get that?
|Age_187|Height_7'3|Weight_427lb|Race_Nelvaan|Mentor_Maloush Paroveid|Padawans_Aurien Uriah_Amoné Fayden_Tergos Zemnos_Esth Me'sku_Virtuo Alegan_Tweek Etimau_Dithaal_Sirius Invictus_Aqua Sol_Ina'eo'nekri
Illrian Damaris
Lost One

Post by Illrian Damaris »

1. click on "START"
2. click "run"
3. type in "dxdiag" and click "OK"
4. check through the tabs and perform all tests
5. click "Save all Information..." and save the text file to a location of your choice
As to what it is...its a Diagnostic for DirectX from what I could find.
DxDiag ("DirectX Diagnostics") is a diagnostics tool used to test DirectX functionality and troubleshoot video- or sound-related hardware problems. DirectX Diagnostic can save text files with the scan results. These files are often posted in tech forums or attached to support emails in order to give support personnel a better idea of the PC the requester is using in case the .
| species_zabrak | age_55 | defender |
| initiated_280.17 | mentor_
aayla vigil |
| knighted_298.25 | padawan_
sawyer snow.rui vuusen |
Delmi N'jork
Jedi Master

Post by Delmi N'jork »

See attached file for the dxdiag. I understood like...2% of it. Maybe it will make more sense to someone else here!
Attachments
DxDiag.txt
(60.83 KiB) Downloaded 224 times
|Age_187|Height_7'3|Weight_427lb|Race_Nelvaan|Mentor_Maloush Paroveid|Padawans_Aurien Uriah_Amoné Fayden_Tergos Zemnos_Esth Me'sku_Virtuo Alegan_Tweek Etimau_Dithaal_Sirius Invictus_Aqua Sol_Ina'eo'nekri
Motoko
Lost One

Post by Motoko »

Seems to indicate you're running 1.0.0.0 not 1.0.1.0 of JKA as my console reports I'm running.

The driver you're running for the vid card is 9.18.0010.1129 so check that with ATI's website to make sure you're current.
Delmi N'jork
Jedi Master

Post by Delmi N'jork »

Motoko wrote:Seems to indicate you're running 1.0.0.0 not 1.0.1.0 of JKA as my console reports I'm running.

The driver you're running for the vid card is 9.18.0010.1129 so check that with ATI's website to make sure you're current.

JKA is up-to-date, it was the first thing I did. I double checked by trying to run the updater and it confirms that it was the correct version. I reinstalled the drivers for my video card. Once again, no change. I think I just may be out of luck here :(
Illrian Damaris
Lost One

Post by Illrian Damaris »

I'm thinking it may have something to do with the original discs of the game, with how old they are.. perhaps if you run the Steam version of Jedi Academy it would run better?
| species_zabrak | age_55 | defender |
| initiated_280.17 | mentor_
aayla vigil |
| knighted_298.25 | padawan_
sawyer snow.rui vuusen |