Holonet/Comport.

Post your ideas and suggestions here
Kieran Orion
Lost One

Holonet/Comport.

Post by Kieran Orion »

Hey guys,

surprised this hasn't been mentioned already but is someone going to work on the Holonet/Comport times? Match them up. I don't know whether I should be looking at the comport or the holonet half the time and rp's are often based around the times.

Just a thought, is it possible for someone to fix?

Homeworld: Iridonia | Languages: Basic, Ul'Zabrak | Mentor: Amone Fayden | Jedi Knight | Circle of Artisans.

Zuri Lyn
Lost One

Re: Holonet/Comport.

Post by Zuri Lyn »

Thanks for posting about it, was going to do that before seeing this :D

Not much to add, except that these differences in time have made me miss Lightsaber Arts and Theory class twice :(

So yeah, please get them to match :)
Alehk Thol
Lost One

Post by Alehk Thol »

I honestly hadn't noticed that. Good spot!
Delmi N'jork
Jedi Master

Post by Delmi N'jork »

Yes, please someone fix that!!
|Age_187|Height_7'3|Weight_427lb|Race_Nelvaan|Mentor_Maloush Paroveid|Padawans_Aurien Uriah_Amoné Fayden_Tergos Zemnos_Esth Me'sku_Virtuo Alegan_Tweek Etimau_Dithaal_Sirius Invictus_Aqua Sol_Ina'eo'nekri
Ahkro Cerinla
Lost One

Post by Ahkro Cerinla »

As always, it's the automatic summertime adjustment which is based in the US, rather than Europe, where most of our action is coming from. Usually, we only have two weeks of such time difference, but it's extended up to three weeks this year around, as DST commenced on March 10th in the USA.
As far as I can tell, all of Europe commences DST on March 31st, at which point we'd have to change the clock again.

If I could suggest the admin of this particular piece make a note on the day itself to adjust it again?
Species: Thyrsian | Born: 289.20 | Age:24 | Initiated:304.15 | Height: 1.83 | Weight: 84.2kg | Languages: Thyrsian mimetics, Basic, Huttese (Fluent), Shyriiwook (Understanding), Bocce (Fluent), Zabraki (Fluent)
Oberon
Lost One

Post by Oberon »

Why would you have to change the clock again when Europe engages DST? Why not just sync both the website and comport to US DST?
Ahkro Cerinla
Lost One

Post by Ahkro Cerinla »

That's how it was before we changed the clock yesterday, but now its synched to Europe non-DST on a USA timescale. Which means the clock is on gmt-5 currently, without DST. It gets us a five hour difference between GMT+0 and server time as it currently stands, which is the normal,case of affairs. On the 31st, though, Europe DST goes in effect, making that difference one of only four hours, which means we either have to change the clock again to prevent European players getting out of synch again.
Species: Thyrsian | Born: 289.20 | Age:24 | Initiated:304.15 | Height: 1.83 | Weight: 84.2kg | Languages: Thyrsian mimetics, Basic, Huttese (Fluent), Shyriiwook (Understanding), Bocce (Fluent), Zabraki (Fluent)
Soh Raun
Jedi Master

Post by Soh Raun »

Oh the joy of timezones and DST. :roll:

I hadn't seen this one coming, but I've now made modifications for the switch to happen automatically on the Comport & RPMod Web, as it does on the HoloNet. You should now see the proper time everywhere.
Kieran Orion
Lost One

Post by Kieran Orion »

Thanks for the assist, Soh.

This will make things easier for a good number of us, I'm sure.

Homeworld: Iridonia | Languages: Basic, Ul'Zabrak | Mentor: Amone Fayden | Jedi Knight | Circle of Artisans.