Strange lag issue

Please post here to get help with RPMod (only!)
Khátla Merie
Lost One

Strange lag issue

Post by Khátla Merie »

(( So as of recently when I've been on the temple server, I'm starting to get this strange huge amount of lag. But it only occurs when I look towards the cantina area, I've tried to figure out what could be the cause of it. But haven't found any logical cause for it. Am I the only one experiencing this?

Edit: Turns out it's in places with animated textures. Strange, I have never had this issue before.
))
Kieran Orion
Lost One

Re: Strange lag issue

Post by Kieran Orion »

I'm running this through steam too, only the lag I'm getting is bizarre, it doesn't freeze on me or say connection interrupted, it makes the frames and music skip really slowly as if the whole games slowing down rather than my internet connection. It seems to do it alot when I'm in the console or chat too...I'd love to know why, this is crazy. Makes it incredibly difficult to rp.

Homeworld: Iridonia | Languages: Basic, Ul'Zabrak | Mentor: Amone Fayden | Jedi Knight | Circle of Artisans.

Kieran Orion
Lost One

Post by Kieran Orion »

This is going to sound strange but something popped up about my color scheme changing. I clicked don't change and don't display this message again and it seems to have fixed it. I'm running windows seven for the record.

EDIT: Nevermind...It still hates me....

Homeworld: Iridonia | Languages: Basic, Ul'Zabrak | Mentor: Amone Fayden | Jedi Knight | Circle of Artisans.

Motoko
Lost One

Post by Motoko »

Disable the Aero interface and see what that does.
Kieran Orion
Lost One

Post by Kieran Orion »

You'll have to explain what that is exactly, this is happening again...

Desma Marr

Post by Desma Marr »

That fancy semi-transparent windows theme. It uses up a lot more system resources than it has any right to.

=Desma=Marr=
If I pull that blindfold off, will you die?
Species
Miraluka
Rank
Hopeful

Kieran Orion
Lost One

Post by Kieran Orion »

Oooh right, thanks. Done now. I'll keep you posted. It's odd, it happens sometimes but not others and doesn't seem to be routine, it also happens alot when I open the console or chat...

Kieran Orion
Lost One

Post by Kieran Orion »

This is very annoying, it still seems to be doing it.

I've never hit a problem like this before, when it lags, it doesn't say connection interrupted or anything, everything just starts to slow down, like the music too...I've noticed a single flicker of it in other games but nothing like this.

Ahkro Cerinla
Lost One

Post by Ahkro Cerinla »

See if there's any other processes running and taking up memory in a substantial way in task manager, all I can think of.
Species: Thyrsian | Born: 289.20 | Age:24 | Initiated:304.15 | Height: 1.83 | Weight: 84.2kg | Languages: Thyrsian mimetics, Basic, Huttese (Fluent), Shyriiwook (Understanding), Bocce (Fluent), Zabraki (Fluent)
Oberon
Lost One

Post by Oberon »

Right click on whatever icon or shortcut you use to launch RPmod.

Click on the Compatibility tab.

Enable Run this program in compatibility mod for:
-Select Windows XP (Service Pack 3)

Enable Disable visual themes

Click Apply.

Click Ok.

Launch da game and see if still laggin'.

--

If it's still lagging and you are on a multi-core processor machine, try using Task Manager, while the game is open, to set the game's affinity to only one processor. You do this by right clicking on JAMP.exe in Task manager, clicking on Set Affinity... and selecting one of the CPUs.
Arukh Bakh'tor
Lost One

Post by Arukh Bakh'tor »

Oberon wrote:If it's still lagging and you are on a multi-core processor machine, try using Task Manager, while the game is open, to set the game's affinity to only one processor. You do this by right clicking on JAMP.exe in Task manager, clicking on Set Affinity... and selecting one of the CPUs.
Was literally just about to suggest that, dammit Oberon! >=( Note: Ensure you have 0 enabled, disable 1.

|name_arukh.bakh'tor|age_30|rank_padawan|mentor_tergos.zemnos|

Oberon
Lost One

Post by Oberon »

Ha, sorry Arukh.

Or 2 or 3 if you have more than a dual core. You get the idea though.

I'm pretty sure that it's the affinity that's causing the problem. JKA is not optimized for hyperthreading (If that's what it's called. I generally don't question how the magic box works but I'm glad it does.)
Kieran Orion
Lost One

Post by Kieran Orion »

I shall try this tomorrow when I'm back on! Thanks for your help guys, it's been driving me mad. If this doesn't work then I know it's my PC which has admittedly been acting strange. I think I may have downloaded something that's conflicting with my OS but if so then it's an easy fix, I've already deleted the stuff, it just may involve a re-install of JKA which...Will annoy me but is tolerable, this problem however is not!

Cheers guys, too pro for the assist.

Kieran Orion
Lost One

Post by Kieran Orion »

It would seem whatever I have deleted has fixed the issue, means that it was in fact my pc and not the game. Thank you again for the help, everyone. Seems this time, this one was my bad.