New force powers

Post your ideas and suggestions here
Esth Me'sku
Lost One

New force powers

Post by Esth Me'sku »

Is there any possibility of adding new force powers? Kind of like an expansion of RPMod?

Initiated_311.25 : Novinced_314.12 : Apprenticed_321.05 : Age_20 : Mentor_Delmi N'jork

Virtuo Alegan
Lost One

Re: New force powers

Post by Virtuo Alegan »

I know Moviebattles 2 added in force Destruction, Blinding, and Deadly sight, but those required an overwrite of some existing powers.
Virtuo Alegan | Homeworld: Corellia | Species: Epicanthix | Age: 39 | Next Birthday: 343.10 | Rank: Masterless Padawan | Initiated: 314.09 | Noviced: 317.08| Mentors: Kiwron Tirladdik/Rash Loist/Delmi N'jork | Apprenticed: 317.13 | Pilot License: PL-1
Sai Akiada
Lost One

Post by Sai Akiada »

Don't quote me on this but I'm fairly certain no.

Or it was a case of it requiring animations or something or other. I'm sure this has been raised a number of times in the past but I forget the specifics. As always though, Soh will let us know when he gets home.

What kind of abilities did you have in mind? Out of curiosity?

| Age_50's | Race_Human | Padawan_Zeak Dystiny, Des Anaro, Zuri Lyn |

Esth Me'sku
Lost One

Post by Esth Me'sku »

I hadn't really had any specific thought in mind. Just thinking it would be neat to have some different elements of force powers that no one has seen before! Aside from the current elements of JEDI that no one has seen before :D

Initiated_311.25 : Novinced_314.12 : Apprenticed_321.05 : Age_20 : Mentor_Delmi N'jork

Oberon
Lost One

Post by Oberon »

Base compatibility :(
Kieran Orion
Lost One

Post by Kieran Orion »

I was just thinking, I'm not sure how possible this would be but I'd love to see a way to quickly recover Force points. Like say if it were to be an ability, using the animation of kneeling in meditation and adding an aura around the player like you might when using Force heal so that there's a light blue around the individual, placing themselves in meditation in order to recover stamina/concentration etc. That would technically not need to have other animations in as it would use the animations already in our ::JEDI:: Anim' Pack.

Only issue is that it would need to be an expensive ability (xp wise) so that it's not overly used, it would need to be used realistically like say in training rather than in an event (action sequence), or perhaps played out when travelling between locations, eg. On the way to a mission or between mission sequences.

Again, it would have to be realistically used In-Character and not over played but I guess that comes down to a player preference.

Edit: This might also cover the whole AFK discussion we had about having another icon to display people away, an ability like this would possibly take the full concentration of the character so doing this with the chat icon up, could give a better impression for others to tell whether they're at their PC or not.

Homeworld: Iridonia | Languages: Basic, Ul'Zabrak | Mentor: Amone Fayden | Jedi Knight | Circle of Artisans.

Delmi N'jork
Jedi Master

Post by Delmi N'jork »

Yes, you can add and/or replace Force powers. The only problem is that in doing so you loose "base compatibility" which in the past is something that Soh didn't seem too interesting in giving up.
|Age_187|Height_7'3|Weight_427lb|Race_Nelvaan|Mentor_Maloush Paroveid|Padawans_Aurien Uriah_Amoné Fayden_Tergos Zemnos_Esth Me'sku_Virtuo Alegan_Tweek Etimau_Dithaal_Sirius Invictus_Aqua Sol_Ina'eo'nekri
Kantha Maitri
Lost One

Post by Kantha Maitri »

I liked the idea Kieran was saying, I remember in SP heal 1 required kneeling down to use it and I think it was that OJP mod where meditating regenerated force points quicker? I'm not sure.

Kantha Maitri |Home:Alpheridies|Species:Miraluka|Age:22
Azrael
Lost One

Post by Azrael »

The idea of your regen rate increasing while meditating holds a fair amount of appeal... Otherwise the only thing i can think of would be some tweaking to the 'Dark' powers to make them more 'Jedi friendly.' Adding new powers, as far as i'm aware, removes base compatibility which is something Soh has always aimed to maintain.
|Species: Chiss | Homeworld: Coruscant | Mentors: Aeon Xarbon, Shimi Zaki | Padawans: Imil Ucindus, Kiwron Tirladdik, Munro Olar, Shakk'aven |Position:Jedi Master - Historian/Librarian
Oberon
Lost One

Post by Oberon »

Azrael wrote:The idea of your regen rate increasing while meditating holds a fair amount of appeal...
And also destroys the idea of Force Meld.
Ahkro Cerinla
Lost One

Post by Ahkro Cerinla »

Oberon wrote:
Azrael wrote:The idea of your regen rate increasing while meditating holds a fair amount of appeal...
Well, Force Meld can be used on the go, meditation less so.
You could still expect someone to roleplay the extra focus when they just suddenly sit down, as to prevent random use.

I believe it would enhance the idea of meditating after or before an exercise, more so for the newer students.
Species: Thyrsian | Born: 289.20 | Age:24 | Initiated:304.15 | Height: 1.83 | Weight: 84.2kg | Languages: Thyrsian mimetics, Basic, Huttese (Fluent), Shyriiwook (Understanding), Bocce (Fluent), Zabraki (Fluent)
Kieran Orion
Lost One

Post by Kieran Orion »

Oberon wrote:
I'd imagine it'd be no different from "Heal" and "Heal others". Not everyone would be having this skill, perhaps it would be an 'advanced skill' but either way, I can see Meld still very needed for Initiates and Padawan.

On a side note, I also like the idea of how well this might be used in Character between a Master and Padawan, or players meditating together.

Homeworld: Iridonia | Languages: Basic, Ul'Zabrak | Mentor: Amone Fayden | Jedi Knight | Circle of Artisans.

Oberon
Lost One

Post by Oberon »

Hmm...

Would be interesting if the Force system was entirely reworked. Say there was no passive regen AT ALL or maybe very, very slow (like 1fp a minute). Force powers could cost less to activate or run. One system could spawn players in with zero FP. So when you spawn in you have to do something to appreciate those FP. Meditation... sitting and chatting... whatever you have to do. OR another system could spawn players with it full and that would practically be your stamina for the day, until you revitalized yourself or someone did that for you.
Esth Me'sku
Lost One

Post by Esth Me'sku »

Oberon wrote:Hmm...

Would be interesting if the Force system was entirely reworked. Say there was no passive regen AT ALL or maybe very, very slow (like 1fp a minute). Force powers could cost less to activate or run. One system could spawn players in with zero FP. So when you spawn in you have to do something to appreciate those FP. Meditation... sitting and chatting... whatever you have to do. OR another system could spawn players with it full and that would practically be your stamina for the day, until you revitalized yourself or someone did that for you.
That would make things interesting :)

Oberon
Lost One

Post by Oberon »

It would enforce a more practical approach to missions, considering you don't exactly get time to meditate when on business outside of the Enclave or in a fight lol.

It would be an interesting system, yes... but perhaps one that would be hard for most to adjust to.