New force powers

Post your ideas and suggestions here
Sebastin Creed
Lost One

Re: New force powers

Post by Sebastin Creed »

It would be interesting I suppose and I can appreciate the appeal, but like you said about the practical stuff.

When the force regen was lowered everyone complained, we got on with it, but nobody exactly enjoyed it when they had to stop the activity they were enjoying to wait on FP creeping up.

If only there was some way we could... pretend... that this happens day to d- oh, wait a minute...

|Padawan(s): Olim Adasca|Rita Sandria| Kantha Maitri|Shaok Panek|Kajuun Mujai|Jago Mirax|Jerex Sol

Esth Me'sku
Lost One

Post by Esth Me'sku »

Sebastin Creed wrote:If only there was some way we could... pretend... that this happens day to d- oh, wait a minute...
I don't follow... :lol:

Initiated_311.25 : Novinced_314.12 : Apprenticed_321.05 : Age_20 : Mentor_Delmi N'jork

Sebastin Creed
Lost One

Post by Sebastin Creed »

Esth Me'sku wrote:
Sebastin Creed wrote:If only there was some way we could... pretend... that this happens day to d- oh, wait a minute...
I don't follow... :lol:
Two words, begin with the letters R and P.

Go.

|Padawan(s): Olim Adasca|Rita Sandria| Kantha Maitri|Shaok Panek|Kajuun Mujai|Jago Mirax|Jerex Sol

Esth Me'sku
Lost One

Post by Esth Me'sku »

I know, I know. Was joking :)

But back to the idea of this sort of limited system of what Oberon was saying. Couldn't it be possible to do this? Or would player preference be extremely limited?

Initiated_311.25 : Novinced_314.12 : Apprenticed_321.05 : Age_20 : Mentor_Delmi N'jork

Arukh Bakh'tor
Lost One

Post by Arukh Bakh'tor »

New Powers > Emphasis on buying powers > Emphasis on XP > Emphasis on NEEDING XP to roleplay.

Just roleplay abilities. Easy.

|name_arukh.bakh'tor|age_30|rank_padawan|mentor_tergos.zemnos|

Skrassk
Lost One

Post by Skrassk »

I was under the assumption that here in JEDI, XP WAS NOT the key focus for RP, XP doesn't promote more RP, the people do.

The mod isn't the heart of the community, we are.

Plus, that is why ::<Action>:: Was invented :P.
Amoné Fayden
Lost One

Post by Amoné Fayden »

Arukh Bakh'tor wrote:New Powers > Emphasis on buying powers > Emphasis on XP > Emphasis on NEEDING XP to roleplay.

Just roleplay abilities. Easy.

He speaks the truth.

This in conjunction with everyone wanting the "Latest Hot Force Power" will just cheapen it across the board.
I'm kind of happy with what we've got, I simply think people need to be more creative over how they apply Force Powers / Abilities and think outside of the box. For example: Mind Trick can be both "Mind Trick" or "Vanish". Just because the tooltip names it a certain power in your menu doesn't mean that's what it has to be to your character.

I would sooner work on the Force Powers we currently have to make them more interesting and introduce reasons to advance powers beyond level 1 other than "it lasts longer".

Human/Zabrak | Jedi Knight | Padawan: Kieran Orion

Azrael
Lost One

Post by Azrael »

Amoné Fayden wrote: I'm kind of happy with what we've got, I simply think people need to be more creative over how they apply Force Powers / Abilities and think outside of the box.
This is perfectly true. Everyone RPing Mind Tricking somehow always relies on simply vanishing because it's the game mechanic behind the power. Why cant a Mind Trick be used to change your appearance? IE switch your skin to something else? Or create funny mental illusions with effects (Knights only of course). These are just two of a few ideas that can be done with Mind Trick and that's just one power. Get creative people!
|Species: Chiss | Homeworld: Coruscant | Mentors: Aeon Xarbon, Shimi Zaki | Padawans: Imil Ucindus, Kiwron Tirladdik, Munro Olar, Shakk'aven |Position:Jedi Master - Historian/Librarian
Sai Akiada
Lost One

Post by Sai Akiada »

I'm much in agreement with Arukh and Amoné here, which was why I originally asked, "What kind of abilities did you have in mind? Out of curiosity?"

Most things can and should be role-played and don't necessarily require a game mechanic power. Although I'm not against additions, I would much prefer, as Azra'el says, to see people get more creative!

You can do 'eet. Do 'eet!

| Age_50's | Race_Human | Padawan_Zeak Dystiny, Des Anaro, Zuri Lyn |

Virtuo Alegan
Lost One

Post by Virtuo Alegan »

With mind trick, all we would need is an extra emote to wave our hands. Mind trick in the game makes us disappear or (in single player) make enemies fight for us.

When we think of mind trick, we think of just screwing with the minds of the weak minded, in Episode IV, Obi-wan did not disappear he used mind trick to make a stormtrooper tell them to move along. Or in Episode 2 when he tells a deathstick dealer to go home and rethink his life.

Though in more recent media, Force Unleashed 2 let the player make an enemy kill himself or fight his allies, NOT disappear.

But that's just my thoughts, if we wanted a more accurate mind trick, add a hand waving emote and let the text do the rest.
Virtuo Alegan | Homeworld: Corellia | Species: Epicanthix | Age: 39 | Next Birthday: 343.10 | Rank: Masterless Padawan | Initiated: 314.09 | Noviced: 317.08| Mentors: Kiwron Tirladdik/Rash Loist/Delmi N'jork | Apprenticed: 317.13 | Pilot License: PL-1
Oberon
Lost One

Post by Oberon »

Virtuo Alegan wrote:With mind trick, all we would need is an extra emote to wave our hands.
Haha, just do /embutton2 and wave your mouse around lol.
Amoné Fayden
Lost One

Post by Amoné Fayden »

Oberon wrote:
Virtuo Alegan wrote:With mind trick, all we would need is an extra emote to wave our hands.

^^^^ Creativity.

There just can't be a unique animation/power/effect for every possible situation imaginable.
Have a look at what we've got and simply think "How else can I use this?". :)

Human/Zabrak | Jedi Knight | Padawan: Kieran Orion

Azrael
Lost One

Post by Azrael »

Oberon wrote:
/emtalk is better.
|Species: Chiss | Homeworld: Coruscant | Mentors: Aeon Xarbon, Shimi Zaki | Padawans: Imil Ucindus, Kiwron Tirladdik, Munro Olar, Shakk'aven |Position:Jedi Master - Historian/Librarian
Sebastin Creed
Lost One

Post by Sebastin Creed »

It's a little give and take, we need to be supportive of each other when we go into this mode. I remember many a time I've tried this and the person has responded perfectly, but on the other hand I have had a few individuals use it as an excuse to cause grief.

RP powers within your means as a Character and support your fellow member as they attempt to embark on their own learning curve.

Ahkro Cerinla
Lost One

Post by Ahkro Cerinla »

Just pointing out, there's an available emote connected to one or two levels of mind trick already. :)
Species: Thyrsian | Born: 289.20 | Age:24 | Initiated:304.15 | Height: 1.83 | Weight: 84.2kg | Languages: Thyrsian mimetics, Basic, Huttese (Fluent), Shyriiwook (Understanding), Bocce (Fluent), Zabraki (Fluent)