Drowning in JKA

Post your ideas and suggestions here
Syrena Exan
Lost One

Re: Drowning in JKA

Post by Syrena Exan »

Turning off drowning is something I've wanted to do since I first joined JEDI years ago. I'd love to see this!

Species: Falleen | Age: 116 | Mentor: Jared Quell | Padawans: Kaelen Sekura, Kantha Maitri, Salvong, Var Dalledos, Claude Varron

Skrassk
Lost One

Re: Drowning in JKA

Post by Skrassk »

I guess you could remove drowning sounds and just use an admin command to give yourself protection from damage, then say it's a force made air pocket (for knights and/or really advanced students), and turn down the voice settings in sounds to get rid of the drowning noise.

Just remember if you did do this creating such bubble would eventually drain you of energy and you'd have no choice but to resurface for air.

If you don't wanna play pro and use a 'bubble' just use the protect command and say you have a breather mask on ;)

Rpprotect works exactly like JA+ /amprotect in that it protects the affected from ALL sources of damage till the person in question attacks, I do believe there is another rpprotect varient that gives complete protection and still allows attacking.

While this is easily done, I do support the cvar idea of disabling drowning all together it would certainly save time at the start of missions because knights/masters don't have to go around giving everyone protection.

Either way it's a brilliant idea Rita.