Problem with JKA

Please post here to get help with RPMod (only!)
Delmi N'jork
Jedi Master

Problem with JKA

Post by Delmi N'jork »

Hey guys,

Sadly I'm running into a problem when I try to run JKA. I've tried running RPMod from the Launcher, short cut, and just running base. It starts up, screen goes black and then I just go back to my desktop. No error message or anything. Any ideas?
|Age_187|Height_7'3|Weight_427lb|Race_Nelvaan|Mentor_Maloush Paroveid|Padawans_Aurien Uriah_Amoné Fayden_Tergos Zemnos_Esth Me'sku_Virtuo Alegan_Tweek Etimau_Dithaal_Sirius Invictus_Aqua Sol_Ina'eo'nekri
Serra Kolzen
Lost One

Re: Problem with JKA

Post by Serra Kolzen »

Did you install/uninstall it/add anything to the base folder?

Delmi N'jork
Jedi Master

Post by Delmi N'jork »

Haven't changed anything in quite some time!
|Age_187|Height_7'3|Weight_427lb|Race_Nelvaan|Mentor_Maloush Paroveid|Padawans_Aurien Uriah_Amoné Fayden_Tergos Zemnos_Esth Me'sku_Virtuo Alegan_Tweek Etimau_Dithaal_Sirius Invictus_Aqua Sol_Ina'eo'nekri
Bendak

Post by Bendak »

Check if you have CD inside the drive/ISO mounted etc. :)
Kieran Orion
Lost One

Post by Kieran Orion »

What's your graphics card and drivers like?
What kind of cp are you running, also are you using steam client or no?

Homeworld: Iridonia | Languages: Basic, Ul'Zabrak | Mentor: Amone Fayden | Jedi Knight | Circle of Artisans.

Delmi N'jork
Jedi Master

Post by Delmi N'jork »

Bendak wrote:Check if you have CD inside the drive/ISO mounted etc. :)
CD is in the drive!
Kieran Orion wrote:What's your graphics card and drivers like?
Video card and drivers are all up to date. Running the game from my original CD (which I'm very proud of). My computer has always been capable of running the game. CP? Don't know all the fancy terms.
Khátla Merie
Lost One

Post by Khátla Merie »

Delmi wrote:
Bendak wrote:Check if you have CD inside the drive/ISO mounted etc. :)
CD is in the drive!
Kieran Orion wrote:What's your graphics card and drivers like?
Video card and drivers are all up to date. Running the game from my original CD (which I'm very proud of). My computer has always been capable of running the game. CP? Don't know all the fancy terms.
Probably meant your CPU, processor. I'm guessing you're running either an Intel processor or some AMD sort. But I doubt that has anything to do with it, since I've never encountered a pc rig that has had this problem. >.>
Kieran Orion
Lost One

Post by Kieran Orion »

Could be a RAM issue I wonder...If it's trying to load the game and crashing like that...I've had the issue with several games though it's always a different story with my luck, always pisses me off something horrid.

Run as Administrator under Windows XP package 2 or whatever, try loading the game from a CD rather than a shortcut on your Desktop and if all else fails, I hate to say it but have you tried or considered re-installing it? Possibly a silly question but I'm trying to think up any kind of solution that'd get you back in the game, no pun intended.

EDIT: Go to your task manager and see what other program's and applications are running at the time, go to processors and see how much stress they're putting your PC under, could be that you have picked up something faulty over the net and it's messing with yer' rig, that's what the cause to my lag was a while back. Computers can be so temperamental sometimes...

Homeworld: Iridonia | Languages: Basic, Ul'Zabrak | Mentor: Amone Fayden | Jedi Knight | Circle of Artisans.

Soh Raun
Jedi Master

Post by Soh Raun »

Another thing to try: rename the "jampconfig.cfg" file in your "rpmod" directory to something else (for backup) and try to start the game with the RPMod shortcut. The game should revert to defaults for everything - this is just to check if it's a bad setting somewhere.

You might also want to try with a different/new user account on your computer, to make sure nothing from your usual session is interfering (Xfire? Steam? some Utility?).
Delmi N'jork
Jedi Master

Post by Delmi N'jork »

Oddly enough, the problem has seemed to fix itself. I have no idea what I did or what the solution was, but I can now run JKA and RPMod with no problem. But thank you everyone for all the suggestions!