Life Day ((2013))

News and Discussions for visiting Galactic Citizens

((Which day would you prefer Life Day celebrations to begin?))

Monday 16th December
18%
Tuesday 17th December
7%
Wednesday 18th December
No votes
Thursday 19th December
11%
Friday 20th December
14%
Saturday 21st December
36%
Sunday 22nd December
14%

Total votes: 28

Sebastin Creed
Lost One

Life Day ((2013))

Post by Sebastin Creed »

Life Day

Amoné Fayden wrote:What is Life Day?

For the younger people reading this that might not have heard about it before or have never celebrated it on their homeworld, Life Day is a Wookiee Festival and Celebration that happens on the home planet of Kashyyyk every three years.

It's a celebration of "Life" in all aspects, from those than have passed on to new lives brought into the Galaxy...

Although a Wookiee festival, over time the concept has been embraced and accepted by many cultures througout the world. As Jedi, the concept of Life Day walks side-by-side with some of our own beliefs and as such the High Council grant permission for the branches of the Order to actively participate in their own Life Day celebration.
Greetings everyone,

I would like to announce that this years Life Day celebrations are being organized by Padawans Khátla Merie and Shakk'aven.

The exact date is yet to be confirmed ((see above poll)) and will be just as soon as we have confirmation of the availability for the selected venue. A lot of work has already been put in by the Padawans and I will now hand it over to them officially, as I am sure everyone is excited to hear about the activities in store for us.

Also, I would like to quickly inform everyone that this is most likely the last Life Day we will be celebrating on Alzoc III and it is my hope that we will be able to enjoy, create new and share past memories of this very tradition that has existed in our calendar for many years.

Thank you.

Regards,
Sebastin Creed, High Councilor.

|Padawan(s): Olim Adasca|Rita Sandria| Kantha Maitri|Shaok Panek|Kajuun Mujai|Jago Mirax|Jerex Sol

Shakk'aven
Lost One

Re: Life Day ((2013))

Post by Shakk'aven »

Greetings, everyone!

Padawan Khátla Merie and I are pleased to announce that this year's Life Day celebration will take place here on Alzoc III! As Master Creed said, this is likely to be our last Life Day celebration on this planet, so we felt it only right to spend it here.

We have reserved space at a small encampment not far from the Enclave that some of the Masters may be familiar with. We have spent the last few weeks preparing the encampment for your arrival and, thanks to a lot of hard work on Padawan Merie's part, we are pleased to say that the place is ready!

The dates of this year's Life Day celebration will be 321.19-21. There will be cabins to spend the night there, if you choose, but Knight Orion has been generous enough to provide us with transportation to and from the encampment on a regular schedule.

A schedule of events will be posted later this week, as we have a few last minute details to finalize.

We would like to say thank you to those who who have helped us in our efforts this year - we couldn't have done it without you!

If you have any questions, suggestions, or will be away from the Enclave during the scheduled dates, please see myself or Padawan Merie. You may also reach us through the ComPort's messaging system.

Happy Life Day!

-Padawan Shakk'aven
Species: Twi’lek | Homeworld: Ryloth | Age: 23 | Languages: Ryl, Basic, Mando'a
Initiated 311.07 | Apprenticed 312.28 | Reassigned 325.20
Khátla Merie
Lost One

Post by Khátla Merie »

Khatla Merie here

I would like to announce some of the events that are going to be possible, and most likely will be held upon the day of the celebration.
And while some of the things written here are focused on what -you- can bring to the table. They are in no way mandatory to your attendance, and you're at liberty of not taking part in it.

Depending on the weather this year, we will be having a cookout around the encampments fire. I would like to put emphasis on the fact, that this is no difficult art. Everyone should be capable of choosing what they wish to eat, and how they would like for it to be prepared. You haven't got to be a master chef.

There will be plenty assortments of drinks, and some of the elder gents with an acquired taste, well you have been thought of as well.

Upon suggestion from Shakk'aven, it is also encouraged by each of the padawan clans to bring something to the cookout, however.
This too, is by no means obligatory.

As the event spans from 321.19 until 231.21.
There will be plenty of time to play games, lounge and have a chat.
Opportunities to learn something about the environment, and each other.

Some of the people here this year, are completely new faces.
Some of them are perhaps, old friends?
But no matter where you are from, we welcome you.
And we hope you will partake in this festivity, as it may be the last time
upon Alzoc III.
Khátla Merie
Lost One

Post by Khátla Merie »

It's finally time

Everyone I'm pleased to be back just in time for the beginning of our celebration of life day, I have really been looking forward to this event, and it has been a blast being allowed to manage it with Shakk'aven, we've gotten a lot of liberty to stretch our imagination, as well as yours to the benefit of everyone.

However, both Shakk'aven and I have become a bit tied up as of lately.
I can't speak for her in regards to attendance, however I will be sparse during the celebration even though I will show up. Things are proceeding as planned, however we may be in need of an extra hand here and there. We bid you welcome to join us, affiliated with the order or not. When you do show up, I will drop in to ask around in regards to whoever wishes to help with various things.
This year, everyone truly get's to contribute to our enjoyment.

((For the knights who may wish to assist (as I won't be on consistently to ask around for help) the map we will be using is Blueice-Twilight
I'm relaying that in case someone decides to change the map of the temple grounds for a moment, just to switch back again. If there's any questions, feel free to add me on skype, my ID is indigo-video-pal )).
Khátla Merie
Lost One

Post by Khátla Merie »

((Quick heads up, we'd like to try and keep the map running through out these last two days. If you do switch the map, switch it back to Blueice_Twilight.))
Tergos Zemnos
Lost One

Post by Tergos Zemnos »

Life Day: Security Update*

I am pleased to announce that both my Padawan and I were able to set up a motion detecting system across the boarders of the Encampment. I have sent every Jedi Knight and Jedi Master the according software to link up with the security network (security camera's - motion detecting system), if they wish to do so.

Let us have a fun and safe Life Day!

Jedi Knight,

Tergos Zemnos.
Species: Human|Age: 50's| Initiated: 286.16|
Knighted: 310.28|Mentor: Sasha Raven_Delmi N'jork|Padawan: Arukh Bakh'tor_Xel Damar
Sebastin Creed
Lost One

Post by Sebastin Creed »

Greetings Students and Masters,

The transport to and from the facility/enclave has now begun regular trips, you can board these at the hanger or landing pad.

As always, please remain respectful, but do visit the site and enjoy the life day celebrations. Both Padawan's have put in a good effort to make this possible, as have the Masters involved with regards to the security of the site.

I will attempt to visit the site personally when I can as I am caught up in other duties, but I am keen for everyone to take part regardless, so get involved!

Have a great Life Day.

Regards,
Sebastin Creed, High Councilor.

|Padawan(s): Olim Adasca|Rita Sandria| Kantha Maitri|Shaok Panek|Kajuun Mujai|Jago Mirax|Jerex Sol