Youngling Model/skin work

Discussions which are Out of Character.
L143
Lost One

Youngling Model/skin work

Post by L143 »

Been fumbling around a bit, working on a custom playermodel for myself later on down the line when I noticed that several younglings all use the exact same skin/model.

I decided to have a look at the file and was surprised at the lack of differences. So I've been working on something I hope to put forward as a replacement for the youngling pack and I was looking for some feedback as well as maybe some suggestions.

I know they aren't the best texture wise...or model wise. I'm not the greatest at either, I've just been having fun with my new-found skills with blender.
Gorrak

Re: Youngling Model/skin work

Post by Gorrak »

Heh, my advice is keep having fun! That's some great work your doing! More Options are always better than Fewer Options, after all--variety is the spice of life!

And that youngling wookiee--haha! He's so stubby and adorable! But in all seriousness, that's some great looking Blender work, keep it up!
Gorrak // Chistori // Force Sensitive // Hopeful // Download Parameters
Grozevge // Wookiee // Force Sensitive // Hopeful // Download Parameters
Illrian Damaris
Lost One

Post by Illrian Damaris »

While the others look good.. I have to say to remove the Wookie one. First the head doesn't look right with that model at all, but also.. I don't know of many Wookie's that wear full clothing sets, including boots. It just seems extremely off to me.
| species_zabrak | age_55 | defender |
| initiated_280.17 | mentor_
aayla vigil |
| knighted_298.25 | padawan_
sawyer snow.rui vuusen |
Tergos Zemnos
Lost One

Post by Tergos Zemnos »

I have to agree with Illrian on the Wookie model. My favorite one out of all of them is the Kel'dor; exceptionally good work on that one.
Species: Human|Age: 50's| Initiated: 286.16|
Knighted: 310.28|Mentor: Sasha Raven_Delmi N'jork|Padawan: Arukh Bakh'tor_Xel Damar
Rui Vuusen
Lost One

Post by Rui Vuusen »

Illrian Damaris wrote:Remove the Wookie one. First the head doesn't look right with that model at all, but also.. I don't know of many Wookie's that wear full clothing sets, including boots. It just seems extremely off to me.
Also (whilst it may not be stricly followed... )
wookieepedia wrote:George Lucas once decreed that there can be no more Wookiee Jedi in the Expanded Universe.[59][60] Notably, Obsidian Entertainment was forbidden to make Hanharr a Dark Jedi because of this restriction.
Source: http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Wookiee

Initiated_298.06|Master_Illrian Damaris/Rita.Sandria|Race_Rattataki|Rank_Knight|
Azrael
Lost One

Post by Azrael »

George Lucas sold Star Wars! Input no longer valid. :twisted:
|Species: Chiss | Homeworld: Coruscant | Mentors: Aeon Xarbon, Shimi Zaki | Padawans: Imil Ucindus, Kiwron Tirladdik, Munro Olar, Shakk'aven |Position:Jedi Master - Historian/Librarian
L143
Lost One

Post by L143 »

Ah, the wookie. I was just having fun with that one, I'm probably going to make a few more variants of clothes/such and pack it all up.
Sebastin Creed
Lost One

Post by Sebastin Creed »

Azrael wrote:George Lucas sold Star Wars! Input no longer valid. :twisted:
Quiet you!

|Padawan(s): Olim Adasca|Rita Sandria| Kantha Maitri|Shaok Panek|Kajuun Mujai|Jago Mirax|Jerex Sol

Sebastin Creed
Lost One

Post by Sebastin Creed »

L143 wrote:Ah, the wookie. I was just having fun with that one, I'm probably going to make a few more variants of clothes/such and pack it all up.
I think if the head was able to be made a bit bigger to fit, it could work and I wouldn't have an issue having maybe... *one* Wookiee kicking around.

However, the rest look awesome and additions would only give plenty more options for new Characters. :D

|Padawan(s): Olim Adasca|Rita Sandria| Kantha Maitri|Shaok Panek|Kajuun Mujai|Jago Mirax|Jerex Sol

Azrael
Lost One

Post by Azrael »

Also with the EU getting a complete overhaul/revision/spring-clearning you may find that the restriction on Wookiees will get lifted.
|Species: Chiss | Homeworld: Coruscant | Mentors: Aeon Xarbon, Shimi Zaki | Padawans: Imil Ucindus, Kiwron Tirladdik, Munro Olar, Shakk'aven |Position:Jedi Master - Historian/Librarian
L143
Lost One

Post by L143 »

ImageImage

Yes/No?
Illrian Damaris
Lost One

Post by Illrian Damaris »

I like those two.
Also with the Wookie.. well, we did have a Wookie around who was trying to become an Initiate when I first joined here, or I thought so. But he randomly went poof. I just have an issue seeing a Wookie in clothes in general.. it's not something that is seen really...and even if it is, it may only be the top, no pants/boots.
| species_zabrak | age_55 | defender |
| initiated_280.17 | mentor_
aayla vigil |
| knighted_298.25 | padawan_
sawyer snow.rui vuusen |
L143
Lost One

Post by L143 »

I know, as I said before. It was just a bit of fun. It may make it into a future version down the road with actual wookie arms/legs and adjusted proportions but for now I just plan to do variants of the kids.

The only real model change that will be going forward will be the kel-dor child.
Gorrak

Post by Gorrak »

I was actually considering making a wookiee rather than a chistori character when I decided to try and join up. I always thought they'd wear either the big brown cloak and nothing else besides a utility belt or bandolier, or maybe just a lower robe portion like a skirt or something.
Gorrak // Chistori // Force Sensitive // Hopeful // Download Parameters
Grozevge // Wookiee // Force Sensitive // Hopeful // Download Parameters