Emote Mapping

Post your ideas and suggestions here
Esth Me'sku
Lost One

Emote Mapping

Post by Esth Me'sku »

Suggestion? Or reminder...

Is there any system in place for mapping /emotes on the keyboard/mouse setups? I wasn't sure if I'd needed to do it 21th century and write them down, or if there was an actual system in place. Or possibly, a cool suggestion? 8)

Initiated_311.25 : Novinced_314.12 : Apprenticed_321.05 : Age_20 : Mentor_Delmi N'jork

Sebastin Creed
Lost One

Re: Emote Mapping

Post by Sebastin Creed »

Sorry if I am misunderstanding, but do you mean 'binding' emote actions to your keyboard?

i.e. /bind e emsurrender

etc?

|Padawan(s): Olim Adasca|Rita Sandria| Kantha Maitri|Shaok Panek|Kajuun Mujai|Jago Mirax|Jerex Sol

Motoko
Lost One

Post by Motoko »

What Creed just posted will work. I have both emcrossarms and ematease binded to x and z keys. I have a few other keys that I use that I will change out depending on the circumstance (i.e. sometimes emdropweapon is required to happen on cue).
Gorrak

Emote Mapping/Bind Tutorial

Post by Gorrak »

The formula has already been provided by Sebastin, but you can always add a few extras too if you want! For example, for my emote binds, I also add an echo command so that it'll tell me if I attempt to perform an emote--or will simply remind me what emote I've activated (the echo command sends a message through your console--if the console is closed, then the message will be displayed at the top of the screen in the same area where it tells you when players connect/disconnect, etcetera).

To bind any command to a key, you use the command/formula: /bind <key> "<command>"

Though not always essential, it is a good programming habit to add quotation marks ( " ) at the beginning and end of the command section. If you are inputting a single command in the console, it's good habit to put quotations around the value.

Back to emote binds however! A typical bind will look like this:

/bind <key> "em<emote>"

Example:

/bind KP_INS "emhello"

Now whenever you press the [0] key on your number pad (with Numlock turned off), you'll perform the hello emote!

To take it a step further like I do (script/console command geek that I am), you can add an additional command to the bind, to make yourself say something in local chat, or echo, or do anything else! To add additional commands to a single bind, make sure you use quotation marks around the command section, and use a semicolon ( ; ) to indicate where the previous command ends and the next begins:

/bind <key> "<command 1>;<command 2>"

For example:

/bind PGUP "emnod;say ^7::Nods.::"

Now when you press your [Page Up] key, you'll perform the nod emote, while saying in local chat, ::Nods.::

As an additional bonus, if you use a program like Boba's Ultra Utility, and have unlocked the Camera Commands, you can create a bind for an over-shoulder camera! Here's my formula, which has multiple commands in a single bind--remember the quotation marks, and remember you'll need to unlock the Camera cvars through the Ultra Utility in-game console for it to take effect (or be on a server with cheats enabled)!

/bind F11 "cg_thirdpersoncameradamp 1;cg_thirdpersonrange 60;cg_thirdpersonhorzoffset 10;cg_thirdpersonvertoffset -10"

Have fun, and happy binding!
Gorrak // Chistori // Force Sensitive // Hopeful // Download Parameters
Grozevge // Wookiee // Force Sensitive // Hopeful // Download Parameters
Esth Me'sku
Lost One

Post by Esth Me'sku »

Nope. Nope nope nope. You guy's misheard me, or I communicated badly! :p I already know how to bind the maps.

What I am asking, is there any command or any way to show your binded keys for the emotes you've binded? For instance, I have /emhello binded to h, /emthink binded to c, /meditate binded to m, and lets just say I have 17 others bound somewhere. Is there any way of knowing *what* is binded, and *what* isn't? I.E. a mapping command! I want to try and use most emotes I can, but when I have to go back and shuffle through them because I am afraid of binding it somewhere that I forget.

Initiated_311.25 : Novinced_314.12 : Apprenticed_321.05 : Age_20 : Mentor_Delmi N'jork

Tergos Zemnos
Lost One

Post by Tergos Zemnos »

Esth Me'sku wrote:Nope. Nope nope nope. You guy's misheard me, or I communicated badly! :p I already know how to bind the maps.

What I am asking, is there any command or any way to show your binded keys for the emotes you've binded? For instance, I have /emhello binded to h, /emthink binded to c, /meditate binded to m, and lets just say I have 17 others bound somewhere. Is there any way of knowing *what* is binded, and *what* isn't? I.E. a mapping command! I want to try and use most emotes I can, but when I have to go back and shuffle through them because I am afraid of binding it somewhere that I forget.
Look no further than the command /bindlist

This will give you a list of what is bound to every key on your keyboard.

Cheers! :cheers:
Species: Human|Age: 50's| Initiated: 286.16|
Knighted: 310.28|Mentor: Sasha Raven_Delmi N'jork|Padawan: Arukh Bakh'tor_Xel Damar
Gorrak

Post by Gorrak »

Alternatively, if you use the command /bind <key> without providing a command, it will tell you if and what command/bind is attributed to that key.

Example:

/bind END

...will tell you what is bound to your [End] key.
Gorrak // Chistori // Force Sensitive // Hopeful // Download Parameters
Grozevge // Wookiee // Force Sensitive // Hopeful // Download Parameters
Esth Me'sku
Lost One

Post by Esth Me'sku »

Tergos Zemnos wrote:Look no further than the command /bindlist

Thats what I was looking for! Thanks!

Sebastin Creed
Lost One

Post by Sebastin Creed »

Esth Me'sku wrote:
Tergos Zemnos wrote:Look no further than the command /bindlist

Thats what I was looking for! Thanks!
Thanks Tergos!

I'd also suggest simply going into the base or RPmod folder and opening up the config in wordpress, you can even edit it there, save it and it'll be good to go in game as well (unless you are faster working in server, simple preference!).

:mrgreen:

|Padawan(s): Olim Adasca|Rita Sandria| Kantha Maitri|Shaok Panek|Kajuun Mujai|Jago Mirax|Jerex Sol

Motoko
Lost One

Post by Motoko »

I use notepad++ for my editing needs. It has some really nice visual formatting features and will not strip or replace any hidden header information.