Back to Korriban Petition

Discussions which are Out of Character.
Illrian Damaris
Lost One

Back to Korriban Petition

Post by Illrian Damaris »

Okay, so I'm posting this for any and everyone on here that I don't have on Facebook, or I forgot to send it to. As some of you may know, now.. Disney has decided that the name Korriban should no longer exist, and has since changed the name of the Sith Homeworld to Moriband. To me, this it just outrageous. They've already just tossed away Canon and completely messed up Boba Fett, but to change an iconic thing such as Korriban is too far and has crossed too many lines.

So for all of those who agree with me, please.. go here and sign the petition so we can hopefully fight this. Nothing will ever be done if we just sit around and talk about it. We need to take proper action in order to hope for any kind of positive change.

Sign the Petition!
| species_zabrak | age_55 | defender |
| initiated_280.17 | mentor_
aayla vigil |
| knighted_298.25 | padawan_
sawyer snow.rui vuusen |
Johauna Darkrider
Lost One

Re: Back to Korriban Petition

Post by Johauna Darkrider »

Disney.. way to throw away something known to generations by now... I have nothing nice to say about that company, especially that I've basicly grown up on Star Wars and seeing it being torn apart like that just really angers me. :evil:
age --|height_1.65m|weight_54kg|race_human|mentor_ergo.stomi|jamus.kevari|arkallon
Nira wrote:I guess medicine isn't quite at the stage of being able to deal with stubborn Corellians.
Esth Me'sku
Lost One

Post by Esth Me'sku »

[sarcasm]We're fans. It's not like we've created anything relating to Star Wars that actually matters! :P[/sarcasm]

In all seriousness. I strongly believe that when it comes to information like this stuff, who put our hearts and minds and dedication to it, could create a far better universe than the multi billion dollar companies could. But like fans and companies are, we will rant and rave for years and in the end. Nothing will happen.

Just like the march, Disney has begun its slow descent to power. The reign of the fan-lore will come to an end, and all those who oppose Disney shall be destroyed! Mwuahaha...

Initiated_311.25 : Novinced_314.12 : Apprenticed_321.05 : Age_20 : Mentor_Delmi N'jork

Virtuo Alegan
Lost One

Post by Virtuo Alegan »

If they fully change Korriban to Moriband, it'll suck, badly. But if Moriband is just another Sith homeworld, then I won't mind this, there's already at least 3 in canon as is right now. Korriban, Dromund Kaas, and Ziost.
Virtuo Alegan | Homeworld: Corellia | Species: Epicanthix | Age: 39 | Next Birthday: 343.10 | Rank: Masterless Padawan | Initiated: 314.09 | Noviced: 317.08| Mentors: Kiwron Tirladdik/Rash Loist/Delmi N'jork | Apprenticed: 317.13 | Pilot License: PL-1
Simus Cnydaria
Lost One

Post by Simus Cnydaria »

Virtuo Alegan wrote:If they fully change Korriban to Moriband, it'll suck, badly. But if Moriband is just another Sith homeworld, then I won't mind this, there's already at least 3 in canon as is right now. Korriban, Dromund Kaas, and Ziost.
Worst case scenario, we will just rp that being the case to make it hurt a little less :)
Illrian Damaris
Lost One

Post by Illrian Damaris »

Virtuo Alegan wrote:If they fully change Korriban to Moriband, it'll suck, badly. But if Moriband is just another Sith homeworld, then I won't mind this, there's already at least 3 in canon as is right now. Korriban, Dromund Kaas, and Ziost.
To my knowledge and everything I've been able to find, they literally have changed Korriban to Moriband. :(
| species_zabrak | age_55 | defender |
| initiated_280.17 | mentor_
aayla vigil |
| knighted_298.25 | padawan_
sawyer snow.rui vuusen |
Virtuo Alegan
Lost One

Post by Virtuo Alegan »

Illrian Damaris wrote:
To my knowledge and everything I've been able to find, they literally have changed Korriban to Moriband. :(
Though this wouldn't be the first time, and Korriban may still be in existence, only maybe during the clone wars the name was changed, or a long long time ago, and Korriban became the new name.

This concept was used in the Revan book, Nathema was originally called Medriaas.
"Nathema? I've never heard of it."
"Once it went by another name, but that name has long been forgotten… just like the planet itself. The Emperor erased Nathema from the history books and the astrogation charts to hide all evidence of his crimes." ―Scourge and Darth Nyriss
Virtuo Alegan | Homeworld: Corellia | Species: Epicanthix | Age: 39 | Next Birthday: 343.10 | Rank: Masterless Padawan | Initiated: 314.09 | Noviced: 317.08| Mentors: Kiwron Tirladdik/Rash Loist/Delmi N'jork | Apprenticed: 317.13 | Pilot License: PL-1
Tergos Zemnos
Lost One

Post by Tergos Zemnos »

Like most canon established by The Force Unleashed and the clone wars, I will choose to dismiss it as it doesn't directly affect our RP in the slightest. I think, as far as 'Moribad' or whatever... (Might as well change Tython's name to 'Morigood' lol) I will consider this edit as another Sith homeworld or deny it all together. Similarly to how I will dismiss the most likely expanded universe crushing -- "Sequels"
Species: Human|Age: 50's| Initiated: 286.16|
Knighted: 310.28|Mentor: Sasha Raven_Delmi N'jork|Padawan: Arukh Bakh'tor_Xel Damar
Tergos Zemnos
Lost One

Post by Tergos Zemnos »

One more point.

With such an expanded universe as Star Wars where 'established' (loosely used) canon is changing all the time because different writers enjoy writing over what people have already illustrated about. We have to decide what and what not to accept at different time periods of Star Wars. Some will accept that Kotor exists and some will not. Some people have their own idea's as to what happened then. Some people have written many fan-fics about what happened during the Old Republic, tossing the Prequels altogether. Some will accept the Dark Horse comics and some will accept the television shows (2D or 3D, maybe both?) -- Clone Wars.

The list goes on and on.

All comes down to choice really.

In JEDI, we already have a pretty clear idea as to what canon we've accepted that affects RP inadvertently or directly on a near daily basis.

You're free to choose what you want. Some probably hated the name Korriban; and believe it or not, a few people are probably okay with the name change.

For movie goers, which is the MAJORITY. They don't even know what Korriban let alone what a Jedi (good guys with ONLY blue and green sabers; most don't know it comes in different colors) and Sith (bad guys with red sabers) are. So, I don't see this petition having much of an affect on those Disney Imperialists that are leading this reformation.

In that regard, I'm okay with it. Denying one part of canon and accepting another, creating something else entirely maybe can lead to thousands of alternate universes!

JEDI's universe is one of the many.
Knighted: 310.28|Mentor: Sasha Raven_Delmi N'jork|Padawan: Arukh Bakh'tor_Xel Damar
Sebastin Creed
Lost One

Post by Sebastin Creed »

Tergos Zemnos wrote: So, I don't see this petition having much of an affect on those Disney Imperialists that are leading this reformation.
:evil: Sign the bloody petition. That's an order.

:mrgreen:

|Padawan(s): Olim Adasca|Rita Sandria| Kantha Maitri|Shaok Panek|Kajuun Mujai|Jago Mirax|Jerex Sol

Nico Keztor
Lost One

Post by Nico Keztor »

Moriband? o.o ...
I knew about Disney's plans to change all the saga :l
I've begun to expect the worst from Disney.

Virtuo Alegan
Lost One

Post by Virtuo Alegan »

Looks like we had nothing to worry about, Moraband was just an alternate name for Korriban. :mrgreen:
Tergos Zemnos
Lost One

Post by Tergos Zemnos »

The writers were probably too lazy to look up the name of the planet.
Virtuo Alegan
Lost One

Post by Virtuo Alegan »

Tergos Zemnos wrote:The writers were probably too lazy to look up the name of the planet.
They knew full well of Korriban's existance, look at the bottom of the Korriban wookieepedia page.
Tergos Zemnos
Lost One

Post by Tergos Zemnos »

Twas sarcasm.