Emote Command display

Post your ideas and suggestions here
Munro Olar
Lost One

Emote Command display

Post by Munro Olar »

I noticed we have a lot of commands now located in the help section that gives us a comprehensive list of commands that are available to our level. My main suggestion for the emote commands help section is to add a something similar to the skin selection, in the space open to the right of the list itself, could it be possible to add a static or perhaps turnable example of the model you're currently using. While it's great we now have a list, there's still a lot of sit 1,2,3,4,5,6,7 etc as well as the lightsaber stance emotes and death emotes.

The idea behind having that model next to the emote commands is so when you click on it, it shows the actual emote without having to run through a list of them while trying to roleplay, I hope I am not the only one that runs through a list of these in roleplay, trying to find the correct emote I'd like to use, I feel like it breaks the roleplay and realism a little that I'm moving from one emote to another, I think it'd be beneficial to just have it in the help section, so you know what each emote looks like before making use of them in the game itself. I believe JA+ does something similar, I'm not sure but hopefully it'll be work!

I'm not sure how possible this is, I think it would be a great help if you don't recall what each and every emote command looks like. I'm sorry if some of this makes little sense, I've been trying to figure out how to write it up. I know it's not a necessary addition but I feel like it'd be something that could help out ;)

Here's an example of what is used in JA+

Perhaps a smaller version solely for emotes in the help section?

Sebastin Creed
Lost One

Re: Emote Command display

Post by Sebastin Creed »

This would actually be a damn good feature if it could be made to work.

Well done Munro.

|Padawan(s): Olim Adasca|Rita Sandria| Kantha Maitri|Shaok Panek|Kajuun Mujai|Jago Mirax|Jerex Sol

Azrael
Lost One

Post by Azrael »

Sebastin Creed wrote:This would actually be a damn good feature if it could be made to work.

Well done Munro.
|Species: Chiss | Homeworld: Coruscant | Mentors: Aeon Xarbon, Shimi Zaki | Padawans: Imil Ucindus, Kiwron Tirladdik, Munro Olar, Shakk'aven |Position:Jedi Master - Historian/Librarian
Khátla Merie
Lost One

Post by Khátla Merie »

I believe base jka or ja+ had a feature like that in it's help section on the main menu. It's all a bit vague, but I remember being able to review the various moves from a list with a graphical representation.

So the code for it should be in there source codes somewhere.
Nico Keztor
Lost One

Post by Nico Keztor »

Well, I think it's easy to add this feature, just need the code to display that animations.

Alehk Thol
Lost One

Post by Alehk Thol »

Great suggestion, Munro! I'd make a lot of use out of it and I'm sure others would were it an option.
Delmi N'jork
Jedi Master

Post by Delmi N'jork »

Totally support this!
|Age_187|Height_7'3|Weight_427lb|Race_Nelvaan|Mentor_Maloush Paroveid|Padawans_Aurien Uriah_Amoné Fayden_Tergos Zemnos_Esth Me'sku_Virtuo Alegan_Tweek Etimau_Dithaal_Sirius Invictus_Aqua Sol_Ina'eo'nekri
Khátla Merie
Lost One

Post by Khátla Merie »

It would definitely make things easier.
And we wouldn't spazz out like crazy everytime we look through the desired emotes . Aka people standing up just to sit down again multiple times.
Munro Olar
Lost One

Post by Munro Olar »

Khátla Merie wrote:It would definitely make things easier.
And we wouldn't spazz out like crazy everytime we look through the desired emotes . Aka people standing up just to sit down again multiple times.
Pretty much me on a regular... :P

Thanks for your support on the idea so far guys ^^ Hopefully Soh will be able to appear once it again more input/suggestions from others!

Tergos Zemnos
Lost One

Post by Tergos Zemnos »

You have my support!
Species: Human|Age: 50's| Initiated: 286.16|
Knighted: 310.28|Mentor: Sasha Raven_Delmi N'jork|Padawan: Arukh Bakh'tor_Xel Damar
Soh Raun
Jedi Master

Post by Soh Raun »

Good idea, I'll see what I can do :-)
Wen-Ordo
Lost One

Post by Wen-Ordo »

Munro Olar wrote:I noticed we have a lot of commands now located in the help section that gives us a comprehensive list of commands that are available to our level. My main suggestion for the emote commands help section is to add a something similar to the skin selection, in the space open to the right of the list itself, could it be possible to add a static or perhaps turnable example of the model you're currently using. While it's great we now have a list, there's still a lot of sit 1,2,3,4,5,6,7 etc as well as the lightsaber stance emotes and death emotes.

The idea behind having that model next to the emote commands is so when you click on it, it shows the actual emote without having to run through a list of them while trying to roleplay, I hope I am not the only one that runs through a list of these in roleplay, trying to find the correct emote I'd like to use, I feel like it breaks the roleplay and realism a little that I'm moving from one emote to another, I think it'd be beneficial to just have it in the help section, so you know what each emote looks like before making use of them in the game itself. I believe JA+ does something similar, I'm not sure but hopefully it'll be work!

I'm not sure how possible this is, I think it would be a great help if you don't recall what each and every emote command looks like. I'm sorry if some of this makes little sense, I've been trying to figure out how to write it up. I know it's not a necessary addition but I feel like it'd be something that could help out ;)

Here's an example of what is used in JA+

Perhaps a smaller version solely for emotes in the help section?

I support this, it would make things alot better and much more convenient
|Full name:Wen-Ordo | Age: 88 | Initiated: 327.21 ABY|Noviced: 329.03 ABY |
| Apprenticed: 329.04 ABY | Knighted: 340.20 ABY |Mentor: Amalia Feyn|
|Padawans: Voh Phaar, Krask Kabal,Dariun Antane, Aren Kelpor |
| Species: Vurk| Homeworld: Sembla/Tatooine|
Esth Me'sku
Lost One

Post by Esth Me'sku »

Hmm...! I like the idea. It'd make things easier.

Initiated_311.25 : Novinced_314.12 : Apprenticed_321.05 : Age_20 : Mentor_Delmi N'jork