Destructible Weapons

Post your ideas and suggestions here
Munro Olar
Lost One

Destructible Weapons

Post by Munro Olar »

This idea occured to me when running through a simulation with Khatla, on Oberon's map that's pretty much all about destroying an individual's blaster, whether it's a pistol, rifle and so on. I have asked Soh regarding if it'd be plausible to destroy npc/player wielded blasters and he thinks it might be possible!

The idea is simply to allow us to disarm an opponent without having to actually kill them to do so, most Jedi do not usually go in for the kill and if given the option to physically remove a weapon via saber strikes, I'm sure most of us would actually use that option if given the chance, if made so, would this be something others would be interested in? I personally 'am interested in the idea given Munro practices Shii-Cho which promotes the 'victory without injury' mindset, so being able to disarm an opponent without pull or you know, slashing them to death would be a pro point for myself.

I am not sure about the technical details regarding this though or if perhaps it should be limited to someone with a higher saber stance! Feel free to shot ideas, I'd personally love this and of course, it'd make being a Jedi a whole lot more fun if given the option between slicing a person up or their weapon!

Thanks

Tergos Zemnos
Lost One

Re: Destructible Weapons

Post by Tergos Zemnos »

I fully support this if it is indeed possible to add this to RP Mod.

Would certainly promote a profuse amount of Jedi ideology. Unlike the unrealistic swing to kill mentality of single player.

It would also save time of... ::Slices the barrel of the blaster in half.::, and similar actions of that sort.
Species: Human|Age: 50's| Initiated: 286.16|
Knighted: 310.28|Mentor: Sasha Raven_Delmi N'jork|Padawan: Arukh Bakh'tor_Xel Damar
Des Anaro
Lost One

Post by Des Anaro »

I pretty much agree with everything Tergos said, so I would be all for it!
|Species_Human | Homeworld_Kashyyyk | Mentor_Sai Akiada | Padawan_Jel'a Vra |
Simus Cnydaria
Lost One

Post by Simus Cnydaria »

Tergos Zemnos wrote:I fully support this if it is indeed possible to add this to RP Mod.

Would certainly promote a profuse amount of Jedi ideology. Unlike the unrealistic swing to kill mentality of single player.

It would also save time of... ::Slices the barrel of the blaster in half.::, and similar actions of that sort.
Jerex Sol
Lost One

Post by Jerex Sol »

Simus Cnydaria wrote:
Tergos Zemnos wrote:I fully support this if it is indeed possible to add this to RP Mod.

Species: Arkanian| Born: 302.23| Languages: Arkanian, Basic| Initiated: 316.17| Noviced: 320.25 | Knighted: 340.20 | Mastered: 372.03
Amalia Feyn
Lost One

Post by Amalia Feyn »

Personally I prefer using ::Actions:: when doing combat roleplays, since I like to be creative with the ways I knock people out or disarm them (style points!). I think using actions is definitely something we need to encourage for combat orientated events.

That being said I recognize that there are times constantly 'actioning' things will become tedious/repetitive so I'm not totally against the idea, especially since there has been a lot of support for it already.

P.S Don't forget there is always Pull :lol:
Kieran Orion
Lost One

Post by Kieran Orion »

Personally I agree with Amalia on this one though it does come down to personal preference. For the community as a whole and especially newcomers I think this is something that will be beneficial and will give it my support.

Homeworld: Iridonia | Languages: Basic, Ul'Zabrak | Mentor: Amone Fayden | Jedi Knight | Circle of Artisans.

Munro Olar
Lost One

Post by Munro Olar »

Amalia Feyn wrote:Personally I prefer using ::Actions:: when doing combat roleplays, since I like to be creative with the ways I knock people out or disarm them (style points!). I think using actions is definitely something we need to encourage for combat orientated events.

That being said I recognize that there are times constantly 'actioning' things will become tedious/repetitive so I'm not totally against the idea, especially since there has been a lot of support for it already.

P.S Don't forget there is always Pull :lol:
The idea was not designed to replace actions, I'm all for putting actions before using game mechanics but I believe for actions to take place it'll require the person to take note off the fact you made that action, it takes time to write up ::Slices the barrel of the blaster in half.::, requiring the person themselves to acknowledge it as well not to run away from you to get a vantage point while you're mid sentence.

Destroying their weapons is great enough for disarming and as you mentioned, there is always Pull but not all of us have the higher levels to actually pull a blaster from a person's, which also seems quite repetitive and doesn't exactly require actioning either. I personally doubt Munro will get the necessary level in pull to take another persons' weapon.

At the end of the day, it's up to the preference of the person. If the idea can work, perhaps Soh can find a way for the Knights+ to toggle it in the server/admin commands?

Zander-Bo Umra
Lost One

Post by Zander-Bo Umra »

Hi, I really think that's a cool addition! :P
I don't know for sure, but I think every level of pull can be used to pull a weapon from someone?
Really cool idea, though. :)
| Species: Human | Homeworld: Coruscant | Born: 318.16 | Initiated: 324.27 | Apprenticed: 326.13, 329.08 | Knighted: 338.17 | Mentors: K. Orion, A. Silaan

"The Code is not a script, it's a guide." - Zander-Bo Umra, 329.30 ABY

"May my body guide my blade, my mind harness its core, the Force guide my feet." - Zander-Bo Umra, 331.29

Munro Olar
Lost One

Post by Munro Olar »

Zander-Bo Umra wrote:Hi, I really think that's a cool addition! :P
I don't know for sure, but I think every level of pull can be used to pull a weapon from someone?
Really cool idea, though. :)
I am afraid not, Pull 1 cannot take a weapon from someone else, I am not sure about level 2 but maybe!

Amalia Feyn
Lost One

Post by Amalia Feyn »

Pull 1 can, I just tested it... you just have to be a bit closer :)
Tergos Zemnos
Lost One

Post by Tergos Zemnos »

Well. I mean, I still RP sitting and I have /emsit. Don't get me wrong, I like enjoying RP combat; however, when you're facing about... ten - eleven guys and you have to incapacitate them quick. This will come in handy instead of running over to the guy, raising your chat bubble up, and doing ::Slices gun in half.:: And then repeat ten more times.

I understand when it's one on one combat. I would use ::Slices the barrel of the gun in half.:: when I'm facing one opponent. However, I can not say the same if I'm facing more than five.
Knighted: 310.28|Mentor: Sasha Raven_Delmi N'jork|Padawan: Arukh Bakh'tor_Xel Damar
Tergos Zemnos
Lost One

Post by Tergos Zemnos »

And I can say from most experience, when most JEDI are faced with ten people... They either surrender, or just murder everyone in the room. I think this will put a stop to that trend. Now that it is a possibly viable option.
Azrael
Lost One

Post by Azrael »

As much as i like descriptive actions and adding personal flavour and touch to the actions of ones character, all ::actioning:: serves to do in such instances is break up the flow of game-play/action.
There have been many instances where the Jedi present will assault an opponent, take a random swing....then stop to spend 2 minutes typing out a supposed ::action::. During this time everyone involved has to essentially pause what they're doing. You then get the opponents acted out counter, so the action has to stop again.. This seriously deadens the flow of game-play and immersion during combat. Heavily in favour of breakable weapons if they're possible.
|Species: Chiss | Homeworld: Coruscant | Mentors: Aeon Xarbon, Shimi Zaki | Padawans: Imil Ucindus, Kiwron Tirladdik, Munro Olar, Shakk'aven |Position:Jedi Master - Historian/Librarian
Esth Me'sku
Lost One

Post by Esth Me'sku »

Tergos Zemnos wrote:Well. I mean, I still RP sitting and I have /emsit. Don't get me wrong, I like enjoying RP combat; however, when you're facing about... ten - eleven guys and you have to incapacitate them quick. This will come in handy instead of running over to the guy, raising your chat bubble up, and doing ::Slices gun in half.:: And then repeat ten more times.
Don't get me wrong. I like the idea :p But how often does that actually happen around here? Haha.

I like the idea of slicing a gun in half. It'd add to the ooc perspective of making hasty Rp interaction! But not just to rifles/blasters, but to hilts as well. Or.. maybe... A little graphical comment, so be warned! Possibly taking it a step further and adding decapitation or lacerations to limbs? Maybe this is a bit to much lol.

Initiated_311.25 : Novinced_314.12 : Apprenticed_321.05 : Age_20 : Mentor_Delmi N'jork