Launcher and Emotes issue

Please post here to get help with RPMod (only!)
Gaarnakk

Launcher and Emotes issue

Post by Gaarnakk »

So for some reason I can only get some of the emotes in game, only a small amount of the new and custom ones can I see. Excluding poses, climbing, ect. I've re downloaded the files to make sure they worked properly, and the file size is right, all is in order, but when I or someone attempts to do the emotes, on my screen they simply put their arms out to the side and freeze in place. I have no other mods or files that would interfere with this.

Also, my launcher is up to date and the updates worked fine before, but now when I try to get the updates it says:

"An error occured when downloading updates
Click here to search for available updates

The Given Paths Format is not supported."

And I also cannot launch RPmod from the launcher, whenever I do it simply takes me to the standard Jedi Academy game/screen and I have to load in the mod from the setup.

Any help is much appreciated. If needed I can provide my Skype to share pictures and what not.

Thank you - Gaarnakk
Kajuun Mujai
Lost One

Re: Launcher and Emotes issue

Post by Kajuun Mujai »

A few basic questions I guess.
  • When you try to load RPMod through the launcher, have you ticked the tick box next to the server you wish to join? Otherwise it takes you straight to the JKA load up screen. I'm pretty sure the errors you speak of only happen if A) You launch the game without the launcher. B) You have a duplicate emote pk3.

If none of the above work, assuming it's not already, place the emotes pk3 in the RPMod base folder but NOT the normal base folder.

Otherwise I'm not sure..
Species: Human | Homeworld: Raxus Prime | Initiated: 324.27 | Mentor: Sebastin Creed | Age: 18
Sebastin Creed
Lost One

Post by Sebastin Creed »

Kajuun Mujai wrote:A few basic questions I guess.
  • When you try to load RPMod through the launcher, have you ticked the tick box next to the server you wish to join? Otherwise it takes you straight to the JKA load up screen. I'm pretty sure the errors you speak of only happen if A) You launch the game without the launcher. B) You have a duplicate emote pk3.

If none of the above work, assuming it's not already, place the emotes pk3 in the RPMod base folder but NOT the normal base folder.

Otherwise I'm not sure..
The emotes pk3. is now part of the RPmod download, so there is no separate pk3 to download (links gone from Fayden's thread).

I have a feeling there is something a miss with the launcher.

|Padawan(s): Olim Adasca|Rita Sandria| Kantha Maitri|Shaok Panek|Kajuun Mujai|Jago Mirax|Jerex Sol

Gaarnakk

Post by Gaarnakk »

Kajuun Mujai wrote:A few basic questions I guess.

Otherwise I'm not sure..

Yeah I think something is up with the launcher now too. I will try and re-download the launcher, and I will post my results.
Kajuun Mujai
Lost One

Post by Kajuun Mujai »

Sebastin Creed wrote:The emotes pk3. is now part of the RPmod download, so there is no separate pk3 to download (links gone from Fayden's thread)
Well that explains a lot of my initial issues ha!. Thanks for that update. Good luck Gaarnakk.
Species: Human | Homeworld: Raxus Prime | Initiated: 324.27 | Mentor: Sebastin Creed | Age: 18
Gaarnakk

Post by Gaarnakk »

Kajuun Mujai wrote:
Sebastin Creed wrote:The emotes pk3. is now part of the RPmod download, so there is no separate pk3 to download (links gone from Fayden's thread)
Well that explains a lot of my initial issues ha!. Thanks for that update. Good luck Gaarnakk.
So I re-downloaded it, everything seemed to be in check, no duplicate files, nothing. But every time I try to launch RpMod or join or a server from the launcher, it just takes me to the initial game start up, where I would have to load the mod through the setup.

:cry:
Sebastin Creed
Lost One

Post by Sebastin Creed »

In my Options tab, under JKA Startup arguments I have '+set fs_game rpmod +set fs_basegame JEDI' is this the same what you have in yours?

Not sure if I asked that already.

|Padawan(s): Olim Adasca|Rita Sandria| Kantha Maitri|Shaok Panek|Kajuun Mujai|Jago Mirax|Jerex Sol

Gaarnakk

Post by Gaarnakk »

Sebastin Creed wrote:In my Options tab, under JKA Startup arguments I have '+set fs_game rpmod +set fs_basegame JEDI' is this the same what you have in yours?

In a private chat we spoke briefly about it, yes it is the exact same. I have all my RpMod and related files in the rpmod folder located in my Jedi Academy, Game Data folder.
Gaarnakk

Post by Gaarnakk »

Gaarnakk wrote:
Sebastin Creed wrote:In my Options tab, under JKA Startup arguments I have '+set fs_game rpmod +set fs_basegame JEDI' is this the same what you have in yours?

In a private chat we spoke briefly about it, yes it is the exact same. I have all my RpMod and related files in the rpmod folder located in my Jedi Academy, Game Data folder.
I don't know if it helps, but I run the game with Steam, not an original copy.
Aidan Skyward
Lost One

Post by Aidan Skyward »

FWIW, also running on Steam, also getting this exact error with the launcher. It worked fine the first time I launched, and then the updates panel broke. I'm thinking it might have something to do with the way it interacts with Steam, and how Steam interacts with the game itself.
Birthday: 315.10|Species: Echani|Homeworld: N/A
Esth Me'sku
Lost One

Post by Esth Me'sku »

Gaarnakk wrote:So for some reason I can only get some of the emotes in game, only a small amount of the new and custom ones can I see. Excluding poses, climbing, ect. I've re downloaded the files to make sure they worked properly, and the file size is right, all is in order, but when I or someone attempts to do the emotes, on my screen they simply put their arms out to the side and freeze in place. I have no other mods or files that would interfere with this.
I've had issues with this in the past. It was just a mislocation of the .pk3's downloaded. I put them all into my RP mod folder.

Initiated_311.25 : Novinced_314.12 : Apprenticed_321.05 : Age_20 : Mentor_Delmi N'jork

Gaarnakk

Post by Gaarnakk »

Esth Me'sku wrote:
Gaarnakk wrote:So for some reason I can only get some of the emotes in game, only a small amount of the new and custom ones can I see. Excluding poses, climbing, ect. I've re downloaded the files to make sure they worked properly, and the file size is right, all is in order, but when I or someone attempts to do the emotes, on my screen they simply put their arms out to the side and freeze in place. I have no other mods or files that would interfere with this.
I've had issues with this in the past. It was just a mislocation of the .pk3's downloaded. I put them all into my RP mod folder.
All my my pk3's are placed properly, I have no interfering mod's, I've done all I can or have been suggested to do, it still doesn't fix it. Seem's Skyward and I are having the same issue but I myself don't know how we could fix it.
Clara Baunes
Lost One

Post by Clara Baunes »

If this is still a problem and hasn't been sorted, I had the exact same problem the other day. Whenever I used my steam launcher as I normally would it would load up JK3 Base game without RPMod, and half the emotes did not show as a result of not having RPMod loaded in-game. I managed to fix this by changing the Steam Launch Options.

I loaded steam, went onto Star Wars Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy in the Library. Right clicked on the part highlighted above.

Then I went onto Properties > SET LAUNCH OPTIONS > And typed that into it > OK.

From then on the problem you're experiencing now vanished and I haven't had a problem since.

If this doesn't relate or you've already tried this, sorry, but I do hope this helps.

Clara,
Soh Raun
Jedi Master

Post by Soh Raun »

What Clara posted above is right when it comes to Steam integration; the Launcher should have warned you about it when starting the game... Could you please provide a screenshot of your Options tab in the Launcher?
Aidan Skyward
Lost One

Post by Aidan Skyward »

So this is the updating problem we're encountering:

I'll let him post his own settings, but here's my RPMod launcher settings:

And my Steam JKA launch settings:

EDIT: I'm not particularly sure if this can help for the emotes, since I'm not having that problem, but I'm really interested in solving the updating problem (because I just think bugs are awesome =P).
Birthday: 315.10|Species: Echani|Homeworld: N/A