Crashes

Please post here to get help with RPMod (only!)
Evanin Dawnstar
Lost One

Crashes

Post by Evanin Dawnstar »

My client keeps crashing whenever I try to connect, a reinstall did not fix this so it has to be something on the server, not so much a report, I just wondered if anyone would restart the map since it's clearly something that was spawned on temple at some point today that my game doesn't agree with, it was fine last night and I've changed nothing in RPmod or Base since then.
| Evanin J. Dawnstar | Dantooine | Forty-Seven |
| Mentors: Bo Iiln/Shaok Panek |
"As one grows older, they realize the futility in trying to avoid responsibility as a child." Image

>> Updated Skin Link <<

Nico Keztor
Lost One

Re: Crashes

Post by Nico Keztor »

It was a few days that you were getting 999 or timing out, sure it isn't a connection problem?
Last edited by Nico Keztor on Sun Jul 13, 2014 12:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sebastin Creed
Lost One

Post by Sebastin Creed »

I'm keen to know who else is having this issue, because I see a lot of people going on the server and being fine with using it.

Can you give us some more detail?

|Padawan(s): Olim Adasca|Rita Sandria| Kantha Maitri|Shaok Panek|Kajuun Mujai|Jago Mirax|Jerex Sol

Evanin Dawnstar
Lost One

I can't give any details since the game simply reached the gamestate screen then crashes to desktop, it only started today.
"As one grows older, they realize the futility in trying to avoid responsibility as a child." Image

>> Updated Skin Link <<

Sebastin Creed
Lost One

Post by Sebastin Creed »

Well, we've 10 members on right now bud, I'm not sure what it could be that is keeping only you off the server.

|Padawan(s): Olim Adasca|Rita Sandria| Kantha Maitri|Shaok Panek|Kajuun Mujai|Jago Mirax|Jerex Sol

Evanin Dawnstar
Lost One

Sebastin Creed wrote:Well, we've 10 members on right now bud, I'm not sure what it could be that is keeping only you off the server.
I was on around 1pm fine but since they at least 1 un-named knight/master under the name . has been on and clearly something was spawned that's only affecting me :/ it's weird.

>> Updated Skin Link <<

Sebastin Creed
Lost One

Post by Sebastin Creed »

The . was actually Nico dual clienting, this wouldn't cause someone to crash.

Evanin Dawnstar
Lost One

Sebastin Creed wrote:The . was actually Nico dual clienting, this wouldn't cause someone to crash.
That I didn't know but something has been done between when I was last connected earlier today and now.

>> Updated Skin Link <<

Sebastin Creed
Lost One

Post by Sebastin Creed »

Not sure what else to tell you, but I won't be restarting the servers with members on it.

I'm seeing no issues with the server on this end, so it may be on yours I'm afraid.

Nico Keztor
Lost One

Post by Nico Keztor »

Sebastin Creed wrote:The . was actually Nico dual clienting, this wouldn't cause someone to crash.
Evanin meant when he was online, actually I used double-client a few hours ago.
Anyway, I think it's his connection.

Jerex Sol
Lost One

Post by Jerex Sol »

Have you downloaded anything recently other than RPMod based files (ie skins, JEDI packs)? Are they in a separate folder in your gamedata? If not, put them in one. Do you have any mods/files in your JKA installation that might contradict some of RPMods functions (ie other total conversion mods like Moviebattles 2)? What OS are you running? Are you using Steam or a retail version of the game?
Species: Arkanian| Born: 302.23| Languages: Arkanian, Basic| Initiated: 316.17| Noviced: 320.25 | Knighted: 340.20 | Mastered: 372.03
Evanin Dawnstar
Lost One

Jerex Sol wrote:Have you downloaded anything recently other than RPMod based files (ie skins, JEDI packs)? Are they in a separate folder in your gamedata? If not, put them in one. Do you have any mods/files in your JKA installation that might contradict some of RPMods functions (ie other total conversion mods like Moviebattles 2)? What OS are you running? Are you using Steam or a retail version of the game?
Retail, windows 7, I've changed nothing since last night during the mission so this makes no sense at all, I reinstalled the game and the mod (the mod more than once) and it didn't fix it...everything is as it should be with no changes..and it can't be my connection as I can connect to other servers using JA+ just fine...my internet has never been an issue with connection on JEDI servers...

>> Updated Skin Link <<

Keth Flynn
Lost One

Post by Keth Flynn »

I had that same problem and that was indeed because of the things they used to spawn but other than that, after a while, I was able to connect again. So I don't know why you still have that problem.
Name:Keth Flynn|Birthdate:315.18 ABY|Mentor:Dev Kai|Knighted:346.29|

Arven Silaan
Lost One

Post by Arven Silaan »

Have you tried running jka in safemode?

Silas Vir'n
Lost One

Post by Silas Vir'n »

The cause for the crash could be the crates spawned in the Archives. If somebody could link him to that pack it should fix his problem (I personally haven't a clue where it is).

name_silas.vir'n|age_47|height_1.93m|rank_knight