Saber Pull

Post your ideas and suggestions here
Gabe Alkorda
Lost One

Saber Pull

Post by Gabe Alkorda »

I was sparring Ze'eal, and I knocked her saber out of her hands. I realized, that even though she doesn't have pull, she can still pull her saber to her. If it's possible, I think it'd be really good to "lock" pulling a dropped saber until you actually purchase level 1 of pull. Without pull, you'd simply have to walk over the weapon to pick it up, just like you do other dropped weapons. Just a thought, and one that would add to the realism, too! :P
Jamus Kevari
Lost One

Post by Jamus Kevari »

That'd be good. I'd also like to see high levels of Pull being able to rip the saber from people, like the Darkside boss battle with Kyle in the SP game.
Ommar
Lost One

Post by Ommar »

Sounds cool. :)
Moza Ferorn
Lost One

Post by Moza Ferorn »

Ommar wrote:Sounds cool. :)
|age_33|height_1.95m|weight_82kg|race_ithorian|mentor_gabe.alkorda|padawan_valon.rachius|li.andru
Aslyn Denethorn
Lost One

Post by Aslyn Denethorn »

I agree completely, although I'd also include Push and Hold 1 in that, too (so you need one of the three), since technically, Telekinesis is one skill, not four (Push, Pull, Hold and Jump). That we don't learn them together is purely a game mechanic consequence, really.
Aknaross Myotis
Lost One

Post by Aknaross Myotis »

Aslyn wrote:I agree completely, although I'd also include Push and Hold 1 in that, too (so you need one of the three), since technically, Telekinesis is one skill, not four (Push, Pull, Hold and Jump). That we don't learn them together is purely a game mechanic consequence, really.
That is why I purchase Hold/Push/Pull all togheter.. to make more sense.. I would do it for Throw.. but it would take longer. Just jump I purchase as the first Force skill.

|age_??|height_1.83m|weight_81kg|race_echani|mentor_corinth.alkorda/nivek.tholmai|padawan_ametha.tasia|

Gabe Alkorda
Lost One

Post by Gabe Alkorda »

Another thought that Ze'eal suggested that ties into saber pull...

If someone drops their saber (or if you pull it out of their hand like Jamus suggested), and you pull it to your hand, your saber switch to give you two sabers. To make it a bit harder, I think it'd be a good idea to have to actually target the hilt and pull rather than just pulling in the general direction. If you don't have pull, you could just walk over the saber like I suggested before. I think this too would make it very realistic as well as very awesome haha
Aknaross Myotis
Lost One

Post by Aknaross Myotis »

Actually there is a bug with pulling pack the lightsaber as it is now. When you get a knockback just before drop it, you will face it again when you pull it and grab. So there is an error of the animations. It is like a retard reaction from having a knockback and dropping a saber.

May this one needs to be moved for Bugs sections. But here is my call for that.

|age_??|height_1.83m|weight_81kg|race_echani|mentor_corinth.alkorda/nivek.tholmai|padawan_ametha.tasia|

Xa'o Zalei
Lost One

Post by Xa'o Zalei »

If Soh is able to achieve this, it would be awesome.

((Please reframe from using that derogatory word Aknaross. I know it wasn't mean't negatively but the word has negative connotation.))
A Jedi does not grasp at power. A Jedi is not a dominator, not an oppressor. To grasp for power is to abandon the ways of the Force.
Ctathos
Lost One

Post by Ctathos »

He's using retard as an adjective, and it is completely contextually appropriate. No need to be so easily offended by the proper use of a word.

As his intentions are acceptable, and you know this, please don't publicly ask him to remove it (rather private message him). In turn, I will not have to publicly respond as well.

On another note, I believe that bug is fixed, and I like the idea suggested in this thread.

Rash Loist
Lost One

Post by Rash Loist »

I like the idea Gabe, /support
Vantus
Lost One

Post by Vantus »

I agree with this and wonder why it's never been raised before. (or recently.)

What I do (because Vantus does not have force pull) is I walk over to the saber hilt and kneel to pick it up or if in combat I roll over it before clicking the mouse to "pull" it. This way it looks like Vanuts is grabbing it as he rolls.

There are work-arounds but it requires a little bit of initiative which can be suprisingly dificult for some people!

Atrux Nuro
Lost One

Post by Atrux Nuro »

I noticed that too when I sparred her lol, I tried not to say anything. Who am I to judge rp? :P but yeah, /support gabe's idea.
Species: Lorrdian|Age: 41|Height: 1.88 M|Weight: 93 KG|Birthdate: .02|Mentor(s): Coren Ran// Roan Takk

"I'm willing to die for my beliefs. 'Course, that ain't exactly Plan A."

Rash Loist for Jedi Master level 2
Drasli Khaar

Post by Drasli Khaar »

it would also be cool if you could break the hilt in half while its on the ground or saber a staff in half making them duals.
Rokran
Lost One

Post by Rokran »

Drasli Khaar wrote:it would also be cool if you could break the hilt in half while its on the ground or saber a staff in half making them duals.
There is no need to break another students or mentors lightsaber. This would be a hostile action, and nothing something JEDI would do to a peer.

As for breaking a staff into dual sabers, you can easily just bind it to a key and rp it.
RP Age: 37