Alternative mods

Discussions which are Out of Character.
Jerex Sol
Lost One

Re: Alternative mods

Post by Jerex Sol »

There is very little you can take from a specific mod and have it work the same on a completely different mod. Each mod has it's own specific set of mechanics that will differ in large or small ways depending on how much the mod changes the saber mechanics in question. As a very saber oriented player, I can tell you that I focused heavily on saber combat in a large variety of mods, that include MB2, OJP, JA+, Movie Duels.. Each one 'felt' extremely different from all the others, and as before, there is very little you can exchange between various mods..

In conclusion, if you want to get better at sabering in RPMod. Duel a lot of people in RPMod.
Species: Arkanian| Born: 302.23| Languages: Arkanian, Basic| Initiated: 316.17| Noviced: 320.25 | Knighted: 340.20 | Mastered: 372.03
Kieran Orion
Lost One

Post by Kieran Orion »

Delmi wrote:If you're using pokes and fan spam in RP combat, you're doing it wrong.
Couldn't agree with this more, Delmi !

Homeworld: Iridonia | Languages: Basic, Ul'Zabrak | Mentor: Amone Fayden | Jedi Knight | Circle of Artisans.

Khátla Merie
Lost One

Post by Khátla Merie »

It's not everything you can practice with the restraints that are put on you as a student in RPmod. And the point was for me to be able to do it during the 'day', meaning there is 'no' activity on the server at all. :)

(By the way, I did get what I was looking for in the end. So it's no problem, no need to muck too much around this thread :D )
Azrael
Lost One

Post by Azrael »

Delmi wrote:If you're using pokes and fan spam in RP combat, you're doing it wrong.
|Species: Chiss | Homeworld: Coruscant | Mentors: Aeon Xarbon, Shimi Zaki | Padawans: Imil Ucindus, Kiwron Tirladdik, Munro Olar, Shakk'aven |Position:Jedi Master - Historian/Librarian
Sebastin Creed
Lost One

Post by Sebastin Creed »

Azrael wrote:
I find it amusing you are quoting this since we were both trained in the legendary "Shimi Shuffle" method of combat as Padawan brothers. :lol:

Former Padawan Learners:
|Olim Adasca|Rita Sandria|Kantha Maitri|
|Shaok Panek|Kajuun Mujai|Jago Mirax|Jerex Sol|

Azrael
Lost One

Post by Azrael »

Sebastin Creed wrote:
Azrael wrote:
I find it amusing you are quoting this since we were both trained in the legendary "Shimi Shuffle" method of combat as Padawan brothers. :lol:
And when was the last time either of us ever performed the Shimi Shuffle? :roll:
|Species: Chiss | Homeworld: Coruscant | Mentors: Aeon Xarbon, Shimi Zaki | Padawans: Imil Ucindus, Kiwron Tirladdik, Munro Olar, Shakk'aven |Position:Jedi Master - Historian/Librarian
Sebastin Creed
Lost One

Post by Sebastin Creed »

Azrael wrote: And when was the last time either of us ever performed the Shimi Shuffle? :roll:
The last time I performed a Shimi Shuffle was on you. :P

Good, strong traditions don't disappear completely, but don't blame me - blame Shimi and Jamus. :?

Former Padawan Learners:
|Olim Adasca|Rita Sandria|Kantha Maitri|
|Shaok Panek|Kajuun Mujai|Jago Mirax|Jerex Sol|