Temple Gong

Post your ideas and suggestions here
Azrael
Lost One

Temple Gong

Post by Azrael »

Not sure how easy/difficult this would be to implement but here it is.
Was browsing through Wookie earlier and read something saying the Jedi Temple (admittedly of the Old Republic era) had a gong that was wrung to signal the time each hour.
While it sounds like an interesting addition (to me at least) i can well see the possibilty of some people quickly becoming bothered by the sounding of a gong in the temple each hour. :)
Either way, thought it was worth mentioning.
|Species: Chiss | Homeworld: Coruscant | Mentors: Aeon Xarbon, Shimi Zaki | Padawans: Imil Ucindus, Kiwron Tirladdik, Munro Olar, Shakk'aven |Position:Jedi Master - Historian/Librarian
Vantus
Lost One

Post by Vantus »

Hey not a bad idea!

Even if it doesn't play every hour, a Sound Effect (simliar to a Tannoy) to signal the starting of a Class or a Meeting or a special Announcement would be great!

I know that sometimes I miss broadcasts if the server is busy and text is flooded out quickly.

Could this sound not be included in the next "Galaxy Music Pack" and executed by a Master upon making an announcement or starting their respective classes?

I like this suggestion, nice one Azrael.

Blavek Araven
Lost One

Post by Blavek Araven »

My original thought that this wasn't really needed, and I'm still not sure, however I do like the idea. I'm neutral on this, but a good suggestion nonetheless :wink:.

born_241.06|homeworld_uvena.prime|mentor_rash.loist_shimi.zaki|padawans_z'phos|

>>> Secondary Character GR-7 <<<

Ze'eal
Lost One

Post by Ze'eal »

I gotta say, I do like the idea, even if at first it seems kinda tacky, after thinking about it for a few moments, it would be a good addition.

Good idea!
Current age, 27
Birthday is .06

Alkur Tekeil
Exiled

Post by Alkur Tekeil »

I think it would be pertinent to explore this idea along with all the other global sounds that may prove useful (explosions, blaster shots, yells/screams/shouts, etc).
Indilia Von
Lost One

Post by Indilia Von »

Alkur Tekeil wrote:I think it would be pertinent to explore this idea along with all the other global sounds that may prove useful (explosions, blaster shots, yells/screams/shouts, etc).
I agree with Alkur here.
it would be perfect if it could been added more sounds than just the Gong.
''One's Path is shown, in the latter years, for some and for some..in the early years'' ~ Indilia Von
Sebastin Creed
Lost One

Post by Sebastin Creed »

Kudos to your idea, I like it.

Former Padawan Learners:
|Olim Adasca|Rita Sandria|Kantha Maitri|
|Shaok Panek|Kajuun Mujai|Jago Mirax|Jerex Sol|

Xa'o Zalei
Lost One

Post by Xa'o Zalei »

Interesting idea. I'd love to see this implemented.
A Jedi does not grasp at power. A Jedi is not a dominator, not an oppressor. To grasp for power is to abandon the ways of the Force.
Jared
Lost One

Post by Jared »

Alkur Tekeil wrote:I think it would be pertinent to explore this idea along with all the other global sounds that may prove useful (explosions, blaster shots, yells/screams/shouts, etc).
Already in RPmod...

One simply chooses a sound file from Base and chooses to play it once or loop it locally or globally or broadcast it to a specific player.

I recall endless Luke death sounds during testing.
To choose doubt as a philosophy of life is akin to choosing immobility as a means of transportation.
SKIN FROM RPMOD ASSETS
Vantus
Lost One

Post by Vantus »

Jared wrote:
Already in RPmod...
But not taken advantage of?
Pity!

Rash Loist
Lost One

Post by Rash Loist »

/dir sounds

Loads of global sounds that you can do, just like effects.