New Animation/Em move

Post your ideas and suggestions here
Iverian Prey

New Animation/Em move

Post by Iverian Prey »

/emcrossarms.

I just...I just want it. Call it stupid, but I do. :)
Simus Cnydaria
Lost One

Post by Simus Cnydaria »

Don't we kind of already have this action when someone is leaning against a wall? I mean, I know what you mean, adding it to when we're just standing in place.

I don't know, it just seems so closed off and unjedi-like. But it would be a unique expression of personality and I'm always up for adding new animations :)
Corinth Alkorda
Lost One

Post by Corinth Alkorda »

Jedi are sentients, so I can't really imagine a body position that could be realistically described as "unjedi-like", heh.

This would be a good idea if you can find the right animation, I think. It always bothered me when someone crossed their arms in the middle of a room. Looks like you're leaning against an invisible wall, lol.
race_human | mentor_axem.keigoku | padawans_cookanaka / kero.zen / bram.philipi / jude.alkorda / nivek.tholmai / aknaross.myotis / lena.aleksandrovna / sasha.raven|
Iverian Prey

Post by Iverian Prey »

Funny enough, just after posting this, I see Vantus walking around with crossed arms on server!

/emwait and then walk straightens you out.

Still, you can't just crossarms while standing straight. That'd be nice. ;)
Nivek Tholmai
Lost One

Post by Nivek Tholmai »

I seem to recall several scenes in single player at the Jedi Temple where Kyle Katarn is standing with his back straight and arms folded, wouldn't it be possible to grab that animation?

Aslyn Denethorn
Lost One

Post by Aslyn Denethorn »

I was thinking that myself, Nivek.

And, Iverian, the emwait emote plus walk doesn't straighten you out - you have to look down a little, so your range of vision is somewhat reduced as a consequence.
Vantus
Lost One

Post by Vantus »

Aslyn wrote:And, Iverian, the emwait emote plus walk doesn't straighten you out - you have to look down a little, so your range of vision is somewhat reduced as a consequence.
Looking down makes you "hunch" more so instead of looking like your crossing your arms, you look like your cradling your stomach after a hot Indian Curry.

I look straight ahead when I do it and it doesn't look half bad. Of course when you stop moving.... :x

Azrael
Lost One

Post by Azrael »

The cross-armed, hunched walk i tend to reserve for when venturing into Yavins 'charming' weather. But yes, a straight-backed, stationary version would be much appreciated.
|Species: Chiss | Homeworld: Coruscant | Mentors: Aeon Xarbon, Shimi Zaki | Padawans: Imil Ucindus, Kiwron Tirladdik, Munro Olar, Shakk'aven |Position:Jedi Master - Historian/Librarian
Vantus
Lost One

Post by Vantus »

For the Record, i've been through the JKA animations on Modview from start to end, plus all the time's ive ever skinned and i've never seen a cross-armed stance where the model doesn't lean in base-JKA(JK3).

I believe the animation you are looking for is within the JK2 skeleton animations. You'll find it there.

Here's The Judester giving us an example:
Alkur Tekeil
Exiled

Post by Alkur Tekeil »

I'm pretty sure Soh was eventually going to get around to adding more emotes, though my assumption would be towards the later beta versions, as they aren't a core necessity (I'm sure some of you may disagree) of the mod.
Ze'eal
Lost One

Post by Ze'eal »

Vantus wrote:
Aslyn wrote:And, Iverian, the emwait emote plus walk doesn't straighten you out - you have to look down a little, so your range of vision is somewhat reduced as a consequence.
Looking down makes you "hunch" more so instead of looking like your crossing your arms, you look like your cradling your stomach after a hot Indian Curry.

I look straight ahead when I do it and it doesn't look half bad. Of course when you stop moving.... :x
Mmm, Curry.

*er* Well, whatever, this seems like a good idea, though, I suppose I gotta agree with Alkur on this, Emotes are nice, but they aren't exactly needed all of the time.

That being said, I'm sure we'll see this later, perhaps when RPMod 0.5 comes out.
Current age, 27
Birthday is .06

Jared
Lost One

Post by Jared »

Opening this up somewhat - is it even possible to Port JK2 animations into RPmod?
To choose doubt as a philosophy of life is akin to choosing immobility as a means of transportation.
SKIN FROM RPMOD ASSETS
Blavek Araven
Lost One

Post by Blavek Araven »

JK2 and academy use the same skeleton.

Infact some bones were removed for JKA, it should work yes, but I'm not certain.

born_241.06|homeworld_uvena.prime|mentor_rash.loist_shimi.zaki|padawans_z'phos|

>>> Secondary Character GR-7 <<<

Kenta
Lost One

Post by Kenta »

I made a post which included this in the suggestion and I remember it being said that the animations from SP were in the works or a possibility of being accessed (or maybe it was something else) and that we'd have too many animations to use to count. :P (looking back through my old suggestions i could be wrong about that...)
RP Age: 126 Next Birthday: 371.1
Stupid is a disease spreading at an alarming rate. - Kenta