Heal 3 fix

Post your ideas and suggestions here
Cyril Feraan
Lost One

Heal 3 fix

Post by Cyril Feraan »

For the longest time, Heal 3 has remained inferior to Heal 2. While being more powerful and having the full, blue glow animation, it is this very animation that cripples the power. Heal 2, 4, and 5 can be used while in the midst of combat, whereas Heal 3 cannot, because while using Heal 3, you must finish healing before you will break from the animation and thus be able to continue. Heal 2 is a quick animation and allows you to continue immediately. This seems odd and should be corrected.

|age_44|height_1.83m|weight_80kg|race_fondorian|
mentor_jamus.kevari|padawans_nira'kalen'nuruodo_ian.prine

Iverian Prey

Post by Iverian Prey »

/AGREE BIG.
Ze'eal
Lost One

Post by Ze'eal »

I support this notion.
Current age, 27
Birthday is .06

Vantus
Lost One

Post by Vantus »

I agree and I feel the same way about Protect.
In the case of Protect, the FP drain starts as soon as the power is enabled so I infact lose a good amount of the duration waiting for the animation to finish.

I do like the idea that an animation plays but it would be better if the animation only played if the skill was activated from an stationary (idle) position.

This would mean those that want to quickly enable the skill in the heat of battle can do so by enabling the skill whilst moving, and those who wish to RP it being a moment of focus accompanied by an animation, can also do so. (By standing still and using the ability.)

Aslyn Denethorn
Lost One

Post by Aslyn Denethorn »

Oddly enough, I'd expect lower-levels to be stationary (since the abilities require more concentration) whereas higher levels don't have that issue. Similar to the way that Hold forbids movement from 1 and 2, but adds it to 3+.
Blavek Araven
Lost One

Post by Blavek Araven »

Vantus wrote:I agree and I feel the same way about Protect.
In the case of Protect, the FP drain starts as soon as the power is enabled so I infact lose a good amount of the duration waiting for the animation to finish.

I do like the idea that an animation plays but it would be better if the animation only played if the skill was activated from an stationary (idle) position.

This would mean those that want to quickly enable the skill in the heat of battle can do so by enabling the skill whilst moving, and those who wish to RP it being a moment of focus accompanied by an animation, can also do so. (By standing still and using the ability.)
I support both ideas, especially the protect one.

born_241.06|homeworld_uvena.prime|mentor_rash.loist_shimi.zaki|padawans_z'phos|

>>> Secondary Character GR-7 <<<

Johauna Darkrider
Lost One

Post by Johauna Darkrider »

Sounds logical to me....
/support =)
age --|height_1.65m|weight_54kg|race_human|mentor_ergo.stomi|jamus.kevari|arkallon
Nira wrote:I guess medicine isn't quite at the stage of being able to deal with stubborn Corellians.
Sasha Raven
Lost One

Post by Sasha Raven »

I support both ideas as well :D
|height_5.11ft.|race_human| mentor_corinth.alkorda|Skin : http://www.gamefront.com/files/24280582/Sasha.zip
Naj

Post by Naj »

I think it would be better if the animations were only when stationary indeed.
Alkur Tekeil
Exiled

Post by Alkur Tekeil »

Why would a more advanced, and thusly more difficult version of an ability be easier than a basic version of the same ability?

Shouldn't most of the powers be half strength if you use them while on the move, compared to being stationary and getting the full effect?
Cyril Feraan
Lost One

Post by Cyril Feraan »

Alkur Tekeil wrote:Why would a more advanced, and thusly more difficult version of an ability be easier than a basic version of the same ability?

Shouldn't most of the powers be half strength if you use them while on the move, compared to being stationary and getting the full effect?
The latter part I can agree with. :)

As for this, the problem rests in the fact that upgrading the power actually makes it worse, at least until you upgrade to Heal 4 after that. This creates a lot more people who feel forced to go to Heal 4/5 whereas they'd just stop at Heal 3 normally.

|age_44|height_1.83m|weight_80kg|race_fondorian|
mentor_jamus.kevari|padawans_nira'kalen'nuruodo_ian.prine

Jamus Kevari
Lost One

Post by Jamus Kevari »

I throw my support to Cyril and Vantus' ideas.