new add-on for push/pull

Post your ideas and suggestions here
Shandrila Simbul
Lost One

new add-on for push/pull

Post by Shandrila Simbul »

I know Kenta would enjoy seeing this added, and I know Master Loist knows about this, as does Moza. I've been wanting to suggest this for awhile now, and I think it would be a good addition..

Is it possible to add a kind of super push of a kind? Say when you successfully pull someone, then you push right after it, you push them 3x farther than you normally would? This could be useful with the impact damage I mentioned earlier, perhaps you could get a damage add for if you 'superpush' people into a wall?

I think this would be a huge addition to the mod, as well as the RP.

Thoughts, anyone?
Selan
Lost One

Post by Selan »

well, if you pull them with a slight angle UPWARDS, theyre easier to push further then when theyre with both feet on the ground

So youd apply ^ effect to when theyre standing on the floor?
Aslyn Denethorn
Lost One

Post by Aslyn Denethorn »

I'm pretty sure that's not a coding condition, Selan. Maybe I'm wrong - I know with Push 3+, there's a condition for range (I can push someone without Force Push over within a certain range, while anyone without Push 3 can be knocked over at extreme close range), but that's not really dependent on whether their feet are on the floor or not. As such, not sure you can code in a power to act that differently depending on whether you're on the floor or not. Distance from user, sure.

That noted, it'd kind of eliminate the need for a more advanced Push level - Push 2 pushes further than 1, 3 further than 2, 4 further than 3, and so on. And there are plenty of ways for strongly telekinetic Force users to throw people around in the mod already - and I use enough of those tactics to know that for certain ;) And, again, would you take into account Force-based counters? If someone with Pull/Push 2 tries to Pull me and succeeds, but I then make no move and are able to initiate a counter on their Push, would it work? Or would I just have to wait until they were finished?

Also - might be one of those things that would really need impact damage to be particularly useful. Otherwise it's just a really odd way of moving someone or something around, a thing which can be achieved with better control using existing abilities.
Vantus
Lost One

Re: new add-on for push/pull

Post by Vantus »

Shandrila Simbul wrote:you push them 3x farther than you normally would?
It's called Force push 3+ or Force Pull 3+

If I recall correctly, I don't think you can POSSIBLY push anyone harder and Faster than somebody with Push 3 and up.

This is often demonstrated when people spectating Full Force Spars end up laying all over the floor around the area of the spar.

I do like the combination you had in mind though. Pull then Push.
It'd be nice if there were more combinations of powers that gave special results.

Moza Ferorn
Lost One

Re: new add-on for push/pull

Post by Moza Ferorn »

Vantus wrote:
Shandrila Simbul wrote:you push them 3x farther than you normally would?
It's called Force push 3+ or Force Pull 3+

If I recall correctly, I don't think you can POSSIBLY push anyone harder and Faster than somebody with Push 3 and up.

This is often demonstrated when people spectating Full Force Spars end up laying all over the floor around the area of the spar.

I do like the combination you had in mind though. Pull then Push.
It'd be nice if there were more combinations of powers that gave special results.
You have not seen push 4 or 5 then.
|age_33|height_1.95m|weight_82kg|race_ithorian|mentor_gabe.alkorda|padawan_valon.rachius|li.andru
Shandrila Simbul
Lost One

Post by Shandrila Simbul »

I have seen both of them, and I really think this should be added. perhaps you could just add the impact damage could be added just when you 'superpush' people?