Stamina

Post your ideas and suggestions here
Jhas Dawn

Stamina

Post by Jhas Dawn »

Well yesterday I was told how to increase/decrease my speed greatly, via Echani/Mandalorian swords. Of course, this got me thinking. If you have a speed edit pasted onto those swords, couldn't you add it onto the actions?

I've seen such things like "Normal people don't run around all the time" and "Don't roll around so much in a battle, it would make you tired". What if you incorperated a stamina system? Not an actual bar or anything, but a system where you slow down after doing strenuous activity? For example, if you roll say ten times in quick succession, you're slowed down for a certain amount of time. Or if you run for about thirty seconds straight or so you start slowing. This way it would make it more realistic, and cause your character to get tired and maybe rest before he/she gets up and does some more work.

Of course, as a little bonus, I thought sprinting would be nifty. Not like Force Speed, which is a major speed bonus, but just something to make you go realistically faster and use up stamina faster. Also, with these changes, maybe you could incorperate a speed setting on the accounts. Like I have been told before that Nautolans swim faster than say humans, but there's nothing in the game to allow them to exploit that bonus. If you could say, make it so Nautolans swim faster, maybe allow a Barabel to roll more, etc. (not that there are any Barabels)
| Age: 10 | Race: Zeltron | Homeworld: Dantooine |
Aayla Vigil
Lost One

Post by Aayla Vigil »

This idea was proposed before, and even if it's intuitivelly righteous, it's not needed as this is a matter of RP that doesn't require game mechanics restrinctions.
If characters were forced to slow down by a game mechanics meter, it would alter dramatically the gameplay, and considering that the final version of RPmod will not be restricted to JEDI only, it would be rather deleterious.

However this gives me a chance to underline a point:
if you are roleplaying, you know that normally your character gets tired after a certain amount of running, rolling, sparring etc, so RP it with ::Breathes heavily::, ::Is short on breath::, and so on.

For species differences it's something that might be added to the possible characteristics of species if they are ever going to be applied. In either case, all of this should be RPed by now with our ::actions:: system, who does not get tired after RPing a prolonged physical exercise is just bad RPing.

You can't choose what is right

Jhas Dawn

Post by Jhas Dawn »

I see. Thank you for making that clear.

Also, I have noticed that if I look at a thread in this forum I can tell that one of the posts at least will have something on the lines of "The idea was proposed before" in it. :wink:
| Age: 10 | Race: Zeltron | Homeworld: Dantooine |
Vantus
Lost One

Post by Vantus »

Lint wrote:Also, I have noticed that if I look at a thread in this forum I can tell that one of the posts at least will have something on the lines of "The idea was proposed before" in it. :wink:
Thats why you look first! :wink: