Line of Sight

Post your ideas and suggestions here
Equei To

Line of Sight

Post by Equei To »

Was curious if it were possible to block views of people looking around sides when their character is unable to see around. I mean... It's possible to see around a wall if your character scoots the camera angle over slightly. Is it possible to take this out? Only way to see is if a portion of your characters head is poking out slightly?
Raulos
Exiled

Post by Raulos »

To do that, you'd have to force first person view.
Xaran Varc

Post by Xaran Varc »

I'd rather not have first person view forced on me.
Vantus
Lost One

Post by Vantus »

I see the realisms behind this but I can't say I support it.

People would end up "vanishing" when you turned the camera or when they walked behind a tree or the fountain.
Plus on the occassions where you KNOW their character is there because you are RPing with them and they just happened to stand behind something or go around a corner only to disappear.

If somebody is around a corner and has not yet been spotted by your character in RP, then it should remain that your character does not know they are there, even if you see them OOC.

Role Play is exercising the imagination after all. :)

I think for all intents and purposes, I can't support this one.

Sasha Raven
Lost One

Post by Sasha Raven »

I'd rather not have first person view forced on me.
|height_5.11ft.|race_human| mentor_corinth.alkorda|Skin : http://www.gamefront.com/files/24280582/Sasha.zip
Rash Loist
Lost One

Post by Rash Loist »

I've asked in the past many times before if they would put in TrueView 1st Person, as a toggle.
Delmi N'jork
Jedi Master

Post by Delmi N'jork »

Xaran Varc wrote:I'd rather not have first person view forced on me.
|Age_187|Height_7'3|Weight_427lb|Race_Nelvaan|Mentor_Maloush Paroveid|Padawans_Aurien Uriah_Amoné Fayden_Tergos Zemnos_Esth Me'sku_Virtuo Alegan_Tweek Etimau_Dithaal_Sirius Invictus_Aqua Sol_Ina'eo'nekri
Lucius
Lost One

Post by Lucius »

I dont even use first person veiw when I use a gun on JA, wouldnt really like it with a saber... :?
|age_19|initiated_264.15|height_1.68m|race_keldorian|mentors_zyrn.maron/gabe.alkroda|
http://www.filefront.com/15714499/Lucius.pk3/ - updated skinz, ty Delmi
Vantus
Lost One

Post by Vantus »

If you read the main post again, he doesn't mention anything about forcing first person.

If my understanding is correct, Equei To was meaning more along the lines of 3rd person view blocking. Not being able to see things OOC around a corner by tilting the camera in such a way as to "cheat".

I have no idea how this would be displayed however. Would there be big black "fog of war" smeared on the screen in areas outside our character's cone of vision?

Would it make the game look like we were looking through a Torch with darkness on either side of our character and only showing the main vision infront of him/her?

Still can't say i'd like to see such a handicap placed on the game.

Sahio Xekma

Post by Sahio Xekma »

Sorry to interrupt and bump into a thread that's not really my concern, by I'd like to point out something... Leaning out/Poking your head around a corner.

To me, that's what you are doing when Angling the camera to see around corners. Of course, those around the corner cannot see you doing it, but still, just pretend you are very good at peeking corners ;)
Cyril Feraan
Lost One

Post by Cyril Feraan »

Also consider that most characters on the server are Jedi and have at least a rudimentary ability to sense their surroundings through the Force.

|age_44|height_1.83m|weight_80kg|race_fondorian|
mentor_jamus.kevari|padawans_nira'kalen'nuruodo_ian.prine