Sense/telepathy/empathy messagemode

Post your ideas and suggestions here
Xaran Varc

Post by Xaran Varc »

What do you think should be listed in the score menu?

I have spoken with Soh Raun about this and he agreed that the 'Level' and 'Time' part should be removed.

By what should those two sections be replaced then?
Gabe Alkorda
Lost One

Post by Gabe Alkorda »

Let's just create new topics for new ideas and keep any further discussion in this thread related to the subject of the thread, that is, a sense/telepathy/emotion chat mode.
Atrux Nuro
Lost One

Post by Atrux Nuro »

I like Aslyn's idea. Is there a way to add an effect to force sense? I think a visual effect would work better than text. It's more subtle. Like instead of everyone being yellow in sense, we could have a menu for our accounts letting us set "Friendly" or "Hostile" aura. Maybe even a third or fourth color, but I don't think we would need one for EVERY emotion, if someones hostile, we could figure out RP wise whether it's anger, sadness,...ect. I hope that makes sense lol. :wink:
Species: Lorrdian|Age: 41|Height: 1.88 M|Weight: 93 KG|Birthdate: .02|Mentor(s): Coren Ran// Roan Takk

"I'm willing to die for my beliefs. 'Course, that ain't exactly Plan A."

Rash Loist for Jedi Master level 2
Xaran Varc

Post by Xaran Varc »

How about:
  • Blue: Jedi/Friendly
  • Red: Sith/Enemy
  • Yellow: Others/Hopefuls
Aslyn Denethorn
Lost One

Post by Aslyn Denethorn »

At the moment, that's what we have, aside from the fact that the standard FFA mode recognises everyone on the server as 'neutral'.
Gabe Alkorda
Lost One

Post by Gabe Alkorda »

Gabe Alkorda wrote:Let's just create new topics for new ideas and keep any further discussion in this thread related to the subject of the thread, that is, a sense/telepathy/emotion chat mode.
....*ahem*.

If you'd like to suggest new color-coded auras, PLEASE make a separate thread for the sake of organization, not to mention it makes things easier for our beloved Master Raun.
Corinth Alkorda
Lost One

Post by Corinth Alkorda »

The topic actually specified that this is related to sensing, so I don't see it as off-topic; it's just expansionary.

Anyway, I think this is all a bit unnecessary. All of this can be roleplayed, and I don't think it fits the balance ratio of usefulness-frequency of use // amount of change.
race_human | mentor_axem.keigoku | padawans_cookanaka / kero.zen / bram.philipi / jude.alkorda / nivek.tholmai / aknaross.myotis / lena.aleksandrovna / sasha.raven|
Aslyn Denethorn
Lost One

Post by Aslyn Denethorn »

Well, let's keep in mind that RPMod is also designed to (eventually) be put out there for other clans to use - with things that can be activated or NOT. Anything we can add that makes it more interesting or versatile would be an asset.
Yrael Grekkis
Lost One

Post by Yrael Grekkis »

Aslyn wrote:Well, let's keep in mind that RPMod is also designed to (eventually) be put out there for other clans
In about 8 RL years.
RP Age: 14
Atrux Nuro
Lost One

Post by Atrux Nuro »

I think it would come in great use. Only having three colors or so leaves room for interaction to figure out exactly what the emotion is. As Jedi we would feel strong emotions, kinda like a spidey sense right? Can't imagine it would be too hard to impliment. I'm not a coder though... :oops:

The blue equaling Jedi/friendly isn't really an emotion lol. A hopeful can be friendly, or in a happy mood rather. The emotions let us gage whether or not there is trouble. I think that would Become very useful especialy in diplomatic situations. I'm pretty sure this is the same topic.
Species: Lorrdian|Age: 41|Height: 1.88 M|Weight: 93 KG|Birthdate: .02|Mentor(s): Coren Ran// Roan Takk

"I'm willing to die for my beliefs. 'Course, that ain't exactly Plan A."

Rash Loist for Jedi Master level 2