Post your ideas and suggestions here
Corinth Alkorda
Lost One

Interactive archives command

Post by Corinth Alkorda »

In Guild Wars, we can use the command

Code: Select all

/wiki <subject>
to pull up an article on that subject from the Guild Wars Wiki. So, I was thinking...

Could we code a similar command into RPMod that would search our archive articles? I'm thinking that we could possibly code a basic minimizer into this, so that

/holonet <subject>
or

/archives <subject>
would quickly minimize the game and launch a search through the holonet archives. If there are no licensing restrictions, possibly

/holonet <subject>
would search through our own archives and subjects, and

/archives <subject>
would launch a search through wookieepedia.

Yes, no?
race_human | mentor_axem.keigoku | padawans_cookanaka / kero.zen / bram.philipi / jude.alkorda / nivek.tholmai / aknaross.myotis / lena.aleksandrovna / sasha.raven|
Shimi
Lost One

Post by Shimi »

This is a very neat idea. I support it.

-Shimi Zaki
Nivek Tholmai
Lost One

My Response

Post by Nivek Tholmai »

-------

I can see how useful this feature would be to others, however personally I would stay windowed and manually browse anyway.

It would definately be a benefit to a few members I can say that.

-------

Aslyn Denethorn
Lost One

Post by Aslyn Denethorn »

That wouldn't be a bad idea at all. Add the command and we'll start adding more to the Archives ;)
Moza Ferorn
Lost One

Post by Moza Ferorn »

Master Gabe Alkorda has been doing alot in the archives recently. If we added this to the RPMod, it would only put his good work to use.

/support!
|age_33|height_1.95m|weight_82kg|race_ithorian|mentor_gabe.alkorda|padawan_valon.rachius|li.andru
Xaran Varc

Post by Xaran Varc »

I support this as well. I'd rather have it that this command searches trough our archives instead of Wookiepedia.
Selan
Lost One

Post by Selan »

/support! i didnt even know
Nira'kalen'nuruodo
Lost One

Post by Nira'kalen'nuruodo »

I'm going to be different and say I'm not convinced. All we're talking about is minimising JKA and searching one of two websites, which isn't really much work for the user at the moment. I won't step on Master Raun's toes by guessing how much work it would require to implement, but in all honesty I don't see that it's really necessary. :?

Nira'kalen'nuruodo
"Strive not to be a success, but rather to be of value."
|age_53|height_1.7m|weight_85kg|species_chiss|mentor_cyril.feraan|padawan_eugen.darkrider_nastajja.arren|

Yrael Grekkis
Lost One

Post by Yrael Grekkis »

Nira'kalen'nuruodo wrote:I'm going to be different and say I'm not convinced. All we're talking about is minimising JKA and searching one of two websites, which isn't really much work for the user at the moment. I won't step on Master Raun's toes by guessing how much work it would require to implement, but in all honesty I don't see that it's really necessary. :?
RP Age: 14
Jared
Lost One

Post by Jared »

It would/could be neat for us, but as a general feature for RPmod, I'm not so sure.

I'd rather see an in built minimizer in RPmod instead of having to use a third party software like Q3Minimizer which is unreliable.

/minimise
or an addition to the menu would be lovely.

I'm sure that any use of a search engine within RPmod would further eat up max gamestate chars, but that's just a guess.
To choose doubt as a philosophy of life is akin to choosing immobility as a means of transportation.
SKIN FROM RPMOD ASSETS
Delmi N'jork
Jedi Master

Re: My Response

Post by Delmi N'jork »

Nivek Tholmai wrote:

-------

I can see how useful this feature would be to others, however personally I would stay windowed and manually browse anyway.

It would definately be a benefit to a few members I can say that.

-------

|Age_187|Height_7'3|Weight_427lb|Race_Nelvaan|Mentor_Maloush Paroveid|Padawans_Aurien Uriah_Amoné Fayden_Tergos Zemnos_Esth Me'sku_Virtuo Alegan_Tweek Etimau_Dithaal_Sirius Invictus_Aqua Sol_Ina'eo'nekri
Vantus
Lost One

Post by Vantus »

Nira'kalen'nuruodo wrote:I'm going to be different and say I'm not convinced. All we're talking about is minimising JKA and searching one of two websites, which isn't really much work for the user at the moment. I won't step on Master Raun's toes by guessing how much work it would require to implement, but in all honesty I don't see that it's really necessary. :?
This is how I feel about it.

It's not a BAD suggestion, I just don't feel it is necessary at all and would take emphesis away from more pressing RP mod suggestions.

Corinth Alkorda
Lost One

Post by Corinth Alkorda »

On an extended thought, actually:

I know that it's possible to copy/paste into the console in JKA. What if this idea were implemented, and it worked like this?

/archives "Battle of Mygeeto"
RPMod would then return

/tell <player> ^2 Archives Listing: Shortly after Assault on Malastare, the Galactic Alliance became aware of Mygeeto’s desire to join the Commonwealth. Within twenty four hours of their victory at Malastare, Galactic Alliance troops set up a blockcade around Mygeeto. Getting inside the atmosphere of the arctic planet proved difficult for the Alliance. Icy winds and snowy skies made it difficult for any aircraft to function properly in the atmosphere. However, that did not stop the assault. Several carriers were sent down outside of many of Mygeeto’s frozen cities.
Would it be possible to implement it in this way?
race_human | mentor_axem.keigoku | padawans_cookanaka / kero.zen / bram.philipi / jude.alkorda / nivek.tholmai / aknaross.myotis / lena.aleksandrovna / sasha.raven|
Atrux Nuro
Lost One

Post by Atrux Nuro »

/support
Species: Lorrdian|Age: 41|Height: 1.88 M|Weight: 93 KG|Birthdate: .02|Mentor(s): Coren Ran// Roan Takk

"I'm willing to die for my beliefs. 'Course, that ain't exactly Plan A."

Rash Loist for Jedi Master level 2
Ommar
Lost One

Post by Ommar »

/support