Back-handed saber

Post your ideas and suggestions here
Zekii Abrak
Lost One

Back-handed saber

Post by Zekii Abrak »

Hello there !

Since I'm a hopeful in ::JEDI:: , I've never seen a Jedi Padawan with a back-handed saber. Some persons told me that only Knights and Masters could use this stance but I think it could be more interesting if some paddies use it too :shock: ( As you can see, Ashoka Tano have this stance in the movie ) So, is it possible to add it for the Padawans ?

http://eyedmax.com/wp-content/uploads/2 ... e-wars.jpg
Ergo Stomi
Lost One

Post by Ergo Stomi »

Because of the limitations of the JKA combat system, back handed sabers are not allowed because without creating completely new animations, the easiest way to use one is using a modified hilt on the staff style, and staffs are not allowed for Padawans.

"...a burning brand to your enemies, a brilliant fire to your friends."
| age _ 52| height _ 1.89 meters | weight _ 95.1 kilograms | race _ kel.dor | mentor _ rash.loist | padawans _ larkit / johauna.darkrider / daereon.daimon |
Fane Ornn'ila
Lost One

Post by Fane Ornn'ila »

tbh backhand sabers hold 0 advantage other than the 'look at fancy me'. it lowers your defence alot and halves your offensive capabilites.. you're better off without it.

p.s might wanna make your ava smaller, stretches page.
Last edited by Fane Ornn'ila on Mon Aug 24, 2009 8:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

Fane Ornn'ila - Jedi Knight
¦ Mentor: Kaelen Sekura ¦

Zeak Dystiny
Lost One

Post by Zeak Dystiny »

Also... Clone Wars 3D.... ehh for ideas and reference in my opinion. I just think they had her use it because it's 'cool' and appeals to the kiddies.

p.s. your avatar is horrifyingly large.
Nivek Tholmai
Lost One

Post by Nivek Tholmai »

------

A Padawan HAS used one, and I hope it never happens again. There is a reason such things were made Knight and above only in the first place.

Furthermore, please resize your avatar to 150x150 or under, Zekii.

---

Cyril Feraan
Lost One

Post by Cyril Feraan »

Ergo Stomi wrote:Because of the limitations of the JKA combat system, back handed sabers are not allowed because without creating completely new animations, the easiest way to use one is using a modified hilt on the staff style, and staffs are not allowed for Padawans.
Nivek Tholmai wrote:A Padawan HAS used one, and I hope it never happens again. There is a reason such things were made Knight and above only in the first place.

Furthermore, please resize your avatar to 150x150 or under, Zekii.
Knights Stomi and Tholmai are correct on this policy matter.

It is generally reserved for Knights and above who have submitted their own lightsaber templates to the JEDI Weapons Pack. Since students use basic forms and basic lightsabers already designated for them, it wouldn't be appropriate.

|age_44|height_1.83m|weight_80kg|race_fondorian|
mentor_jamus.kevari|padawans_nira'kalen'nuruodo_ian.prine

Delmi N'jork
Jedi Master

Post by Delmi N'jork »

Whether or not it's allowed, someone is actually making animations for a backhanded saber style, you can take a look at it on The Void if you're interested.
~Delmi
|Age_187|Height_7'3|Weight_427lb|Race_Nelvaan|Mentor_Maloush Paroveid|Padawans_Aurien Uriah_Amoné Fayden_Tergos Zemnos_Esth Me'sku_Virtuo Alegan_Tweek Etimau_Dithaal_Sirius Invictus_Aqua Sol_Ina'eo'nekri
Vantus
Lost One

Post by Vantus »

Unique styles such as backhand have become irreparably mainstream these days as is the trend to overplay a character's skills. I feel this is why JEDI have made the right decision to restrict such styles to members that have proven themselves capable.

It makes sense to me that before somebody can master a unique off-style, they must first conquer the basics. These basics are covered during a member's time as an Initiate and Padawan.

Delmi N'jork
Jedi Master

Post by Delmi N'jork »

Oh, completely agree, I was just commenting on the game side of things.
|Age_187|Height_7'3|Weight_427lb|Race_Nelvaan|Mentor_Maloush Paroveid|Padawans_Aurien Uriah_Amoné Fayden_Tergos Zemnos_Esth Me'sku_Virtuo Alegan_Tweek Etimau_Dithaal_Sirius Invictus_Aqua Sol_Ina'eo'nekri
Azrael
Lost One

Post by Azrael »

Historically, Padawans have also used dual-sabers also (specifically refering to Komari Vosa here) but i happen to agree with the restrictions currently in place. If Padawans were open to dual-sabers/staffs then there would quickly become far too many in JEDI.
|Species: Chiss | Homeworld: Coruscant | Mentors: Aeon Xarbon, Shimi Zaki | Padawans: Imil Ucindus, Kiwron Tirladdik, Munro Olar, Shakk'aven |Position:Jedi Master - Historian/Librarian
Sarrecm'ar'reccarve
Lost One

Post by Sarrecm'ar'reccarve »

Discussion aside, I don't see how this would be something for the RP-Mod suggestion board. There isn't anything special needed in the mod to allow for this, to my knowledge.
|Age_41|Species_Chiss|Home world_Csilla/Jabiim|Mentor_Xa'o Zalei, Gabe Alkorda|Padawans_Arikakon Genkal, Aldor Arkanous|

Sig By: Sarrecm'ar'reccarve
Skin Updated: 8/16/09
Alkur Tekeil
Exiled

Post by Alkur Tekeil »

Back-handed "stances" are done via manipulating the .sab file for the lightsaber.

No need to reiterate the protocol, as its been done several times now.
Zekii Abrak
Lost One

Post by Zekii Abrak »

Ok thanks very much for your answers ! :D
Aknaross Myotis
Lost One

Post by Aknaross Myotis »

Alkur Tekeil wrote:Back-handed "stances" are done via manipulating the .sab file for the lightsaber.
And manipulating the original model too, to revert its axis, and a very annoying task I may say.

|age_??|height_1.83m|weight_81kg|race_echani|mentor_corinth.alkorda/nivek.tholmai|padawan_ametha.tasia|