Jedi Skin Project/Modeller

Discussions which are Out of Character.
Wynne Avurys
Lost One

Jedi Skin Project/Modeller

Post by Wynne Avurys »

Not sure if this was the place to post.

Question: Since the JEDI Skin Project as a whole isn't really up for works no more, are there any other modellers (members) around taking some work?

I have attempted to contact members of the project with no luck, but perhaps there are more modellers out there I am not aware of, and would take in work? :wacko:

Not a really necessary thing for me, but if someone was available to add further additions to a model, it would be great. :wink:

| age_11 | species_hapan | homeworld_kuat | 293.05 |
| initiated_298.08 | Wynne Avurys | rank_initiate |

|I Want It All|
First step to feeling good is looking good.
There are things I cannot do. But there are certainly things I will do.

Computers . . . so unreliable . . . just like people.
Leadership is a privilege to better the lives of others.
It is not an opportunity to satisfy personal greed.

Joran Fordo

Re: Jedi Skin Project/Modeller

Post by Joran Fordo »

Actually I wanted to announce something like that, but not actually JEDI skins, but sabers.
I feel I'm good at saber hilt modelling, but I cannot apply the texture to the model itself, so I can only offer .md3 files and .skin files, since my softwares don't want to convert them into .glm files.

If you send me a concept (made by this application), I can make the model, but from that point I need somebody who I can send these files to and apply the skin to the model.

Feel free to send me projects. :)

EDIT: The Saberbuilder has been updated with more parts you can use! AWESOME! :D
Illrian Damaris
Lost One

Post by Illrian Damaris »

Just to let you know, when it comes to applying the images on saber hilts that's done through a couple small steps.
1: Unwrap the UV Mapping of the hilt and place the hilt pattern in a way that will allow easy texture applying. (this is an absolute!)

2: Screenshot the UV Mapping and place in Photoshop (or something) and place the images you're wanting there...then load it with the Material Applier in the program to make sure everything is where you want it.

3: Load the .md3 file into the MD3View program, and when you make the .skin file so that it directs the image to the saber model pieces, you simply import that .skin file into the MD3View after you've loaded the .md3 file. This will apply the .skin to the saber.

4: Export as a .glm and you've got your lightsaber model ready to be used!
I have a tutorial on every step needed to create a lightsaber model made by Virtue from TJA.net should anyone wish to use that to begin creating their own ligthsaber models.

EDIT: Also, I apologize for not getting to any modeling you're currently seeking, Wynne. I am swamped with work, girls, and projects I currently have that I'm unable to take on anymore...if anything, I'll have to get rid of some just to be able to complete them all.
| species_zabrak | age_55 | defender |
| initiated_280.17 | mentor_
aayla vigil |
| knighted_298.25 | padawan_
sawyer snow.rui vuusen |
Wynne Avurys
Lost One

Post by Wynne Avurys »

Illrian: Of course you do. jk :lol: I have lots of boyfriends too and they are full of pages. :?
It's alright, Illrian.

But if there are any takers or suggestion of any modelers who "love" modeling, I could also do some skining work in return for their work :mrgreen:

|I Want It All|

Joran Fordo

Post by Joran Fordo »

Illrian: I've done the same, bute somehow MDView does't recognize the surface of the hilt, whatever I type in.
I don't do UV Mapping, just making seperate elements of the hilt and apply my materials on them. Then I (try to) apply each materials to each elements in the .skin file. But the software doesn't recognize 'em...

I know the process and I did every step well, but the programs don't want to do the right thing. :(
Illrian Damaris
Lost One

Post by Illrian Damaris »

You have to do the UV Map and Unwrap. That's a vital part of hilt making. Because if you don't, then you can't properly apply the texture to the hilt.

Click this and follow the steps perfectly, including the UV Map and Unwrap. If you follow each step 100% and it still doesn't work, then PM me the .gmax or .max file of the hilt, whatever program you're using, and I'll see if I can figure out the problem...but it may not be the moment your PM me.
| species_zabrak | age_55 | defender |
| initiated_280.17 | mentor_
aayla vigil |
| knighted_298.25 | padawan_
sawyer snow.rui vuusen |
Joran Fordo

Post by Joran Fordo »

Okay, I'll give it another try.
Kieran Orion
Lost One

Post by Kieran Orion »

Hi guys, Uhm I don't mean to be annoying or anything but awakening an already seemingly dead thread but I was wondering if someone could help be with a skin for my character. I know I'm still a hopeful and I'm not by any means trying to rush that but it would be awesome if someone made a skin for me. I've played JKA for quite a number of years and never had my own skin before and I'd be really greatful to have a Zabrak skin ready for when I'm able to use it.

I was hoping he could look like this, if possible. I'd still like him to be young for obvious reasons and I'm not quite sure about the robes. I was thinking maybe black and blue or just plain black but a light varient of it so it doesn't look to ...well non-Jedi like you know.

I'm not expecting any favors, Again, I'm only a hopeful but I thought I'd ask in case someone might feel up to doing this for me or maybe knowing someone else who can.

P.S. If I haven't said please already then..., respectfully, Please help me out if you can or want to! :D

Thanks,
Kieran Orion.

Homeworld: Iridonia | Languages: Basic, Ul'Zabrak | Mentor: Amone Fayden | Jedi Knight | Circle of Artisans.

Oberon
Lost One

Post by Oberon »

I like the concept, Kieran.

It may even be possible to make a reskin of maul and just edit off the tattoos or something. As far as I know tattoos are a bit of a coming of age tradition for Zabrak so your char probably wouldn't be sportin' racing stripes quite yet.
Kieran Orion
Lost One

Post by Kieran Orion »

Hmm, you raise a valid point Oberon. Thank you.

Maybe I will have to rethink this, I haven't been able to find many examples other than maul and I feel he's too unoriginal not to mention unsuitable for ::JEDI::.

Homeworld: Iridonia | Languages: Basic, Ul'Zabrak | Mentor: Amone Fayden | Jedi Knight | Circle of Artisans.

Zelai Kol'iva
Lost One

Post by Zelai Kol'iva »

I would first start of with a normal human model and re-skin it to have a Zabrak texture and possibly an odd marking here and there. The reason why I say this is because to my knowledge your horns haven't come through yet? So having a ''Darth Maul'' re-skin with the huge horns will complicate alot of your roleplay.

Hope this helps.
Last edited by Zelai Kol'iva on Tue Apr 17, 2012 6:23 am, edited 2 times in total.
Nastajja Arren
Lost One

Post by Nastajja Arren »

:?:

Species: Ryn

Kieran Orion
Lost One

Post by Kieran Orion »

Holy Crap, That's amazing!

Like...Fully speechless right now!!

You got some wicked talent!

Wow...Crazy sweet work, that's definetly a keeper ! :D You rock, Nastajja. I'll work in the tats somehow to his profile considering his orphaned life away from his kind, I'll work a little magic here and there, there's no way I'm turning that away!

Nastajja Arren
Lost One

Post by Nastajja Arren »

I still have the .psd, I can remove the tats until you want to have them, then put them back on later.

Species: Ryn

Wynne Avurys
Lost One

Post by Wynne Avurys »

Attagirl! :)

I was going to suggest Aeon's old skin if anyone still had it, but now you definitely gotta choose Nastajja's! :laugh:

|I Want It All|