Drowing.

Post your ideas and suggestions here
Raz Rear

Drowing.

Post by Raz Rear »

I know drowing is on on the server, and i have a question. Some of us are able to breath underwater (Samoon, Arik, Alk etc.). Will they be able to have an ability to breathe underwater?
Alkaiser
Lost One

Post by Alkaiser »

I've asked this question before the mod was even an idea.

The thing is, damage is coded into the water. So it depends on the map, and its all or nothing- everyone is undrownable, or everyone can drown.
Soh Raun
Jedi Master

Post by Soh Raun »

Well this is false, Alkaiser :)

Damage in water is coded in the game (server part), not the map.
More precisely, after 12 seconds in the water, it starts by doing 4 HP of damage, increasing of 2 HP every second up to 15 HP.

So yeah the ability to breath underwater can be done. But while we're at it, I'd rather have a full species system with different advantages between species, not only this ability. This was suggested before but not detailed. Please give your ideas to this thread.
Last edited by Soh Raun on Fri Jul 06, 2007 3:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Arikakon Genkal
Lost One

Post by Arikakon Genkal »

Well, if we're going to do all the species I can think of that people will *probably* pick:
Ithorian-Slightly improved Force Regen (they are the most Force-sensitive species)
Aquar, Nautolan, Mon Calamari, Falleen-Water breathing
Wookiee-Slightly stronger (possible?)
Miraluka, Lorrdian-Start with Sense 1 (once more, possible?)
Trandoshan, Kushibah-Slightly higher melee damage (possible? again)
Bothan-Slightly faster (do I need to say it? possible?)
Just suggestions, but I'm pretty sure that they fit the species alright.

"Laws are like sausages. You don't want to see them being made." ~Otto von Bismarck
Larkit
Lost One

Post by Larkit »

Being (as far as I know) the only Kushiban right now, I would say their advantage should not have something to do with higher damage, as they were not known for being the greatest among fighters.
You could say that due to their "claws", they should, but I highly doubt they were much sharper than a rabbits, as the Kushiban were native farmers and weavers, and didn't need those "sharp" claws. Besides, it doesn't really look like nasty, sharp ones on this picture:
While often mistaken for cute pets, they were actually intelligent beings with a complex culture as well as both a written and spoken language. They mastered fire (used to frighten away hostile, fire-fearing xinkras) and used technology. Rather than paws, they had hands with opposable thumbs and feet.
I'd say something to do with fire, if that's possible.
Arikakon Genkal
Lost One

Post by Arikakon Genkal »

Eh... First off, that's definitely not a comprehensive list, and... Larkit, I was just going with how you scratched Samoon yesterday :P So... feel free to add, anyone!

"Laws are like sausages. You don't want to see them being made." ~Otto von Bismarck
Soh Raun
Jedi Master

Post by Soh Raun »

Please continue this discussion in this thread
Nalin

Post by Nalin »

Does the server need drowning in the first place? I was in the bacta tank and started drowning before it finished, and I don't really see the point in it given that death isn't really included in the RP. It just sounds like more trouble than it's worth, because of the Aquars and Mon Cals, and the bacta tanks. I feel it should just be scrapped entirely.

Characters

Nalin Cosrog (deceased)
Lucien Karnot (Civilian)
Xa'o Zalei
Lost One

Post by Xa'o Zalei »

Soh Raun wrote:Please continue this discussion in this thread
A Jedi does not grasp at power. A Jedi is not a dominator, not an oppressor. To grasp for power is to abandon the ways of the Force.
Geth'tee

Post by Geth'tee »

Hey, Don't jedi get issued those breather things that were used in episode 1? I think that I read that they are given to knights.

So maybe knights should be able to breath under-water also.

EDIT: sorry, didn't see that notice.
Xa'o Zalei
Lost One

Post by Xa'o Zalei »

Xa'o Zalei wrote:
Soh Raun wrote:Please continue this discussion in this thread
A Jedi does not grasp at power. A Jedi is not a dominator, not an oppressor. To grasp for power is to abandon the ways of the Force.