Enhanced Sabers.

Post your ideas and suggestions here
Samoon Chooga
Lost One

Enhanced Sabers.

Post by Samoon Chooga »

Master Raun and I have been talking, I showed him how big and realistic MB2 sabers were.

http://img263.imageshack.us/img263/6448 ... ed8wm8.png

I took time and ported the cores, but still didn't have that effect. I asked around, and found out it's coded into the mod (mb2) itself. It should work with rgb sabers too. :wink:

But yeah, just made this thread to know your thoughts on it.
Aldia

Post by Aldia »

Looks kind of too long. Can they be shortened? :?:

234.20 [57?]
Beloved Wife, Mother, & Princess

I don't need you to believe in me to make me know I'm worth believing in.
I can stand my own ground & stand proud on my own two feet.
I don't need to be apart of someone else to be complete, what I really need comes from inside of me.

Axem Keigoku
Exiled

Post by Axem Keigoku »

Blade lenght are determined by .sab files, so yes, they could be shorter.

¬ Axem
Alkaiser
Lost One

Post by Alkaiser »

I believe having some sort of alternate saber mod INCLUDED in the RPmod is a little much. Not everyone may enjoy those types of blades, I for one use my own custom blades. I think merely having it as a separate PK3 file would suffice well enough, if people wanted to use them or not.
Axem Keigoku
Exiled

Post by Axem Keigoku »

Why not release your saber mod?

¬ Axem
Nivek Tholmai
Lost One

Post by Nivek Tholmai »

Persoanlly I don't have a problem with the current ones but go for it if you want to.
Jamus Kevari
Lost One

Post by Jamus Kevari »

http://jediknight2.filefront.com/file/R ... bers;60404

I've used this saber mod for quite some time, and I think the mod represents relatively perfect sabers, as its name states. (I find the "round" .pk3 works best.) Give it a try.
Cyril Feraan
Lost One

Post by Cyril Feraan »

Nice find Jamus, I like them.
Dany

Post by Dany »

A new saber system like MBII would do much for a RP mod, if you check MBII you can see the balance between sabers and guns, and also the fights are more realistic and need more ability than normal JA in my opinion.

Maybe I'm talking about a different argument since It's about "fighting system" it would also be much more attractive since it won't be the normal JA fight (jump, run and slash), but a more constructive way of fighting, that requires many abilities (check MBII).
However the way to do such a thing requires huge abilities... I trust RP mod, but I wouldn't expect it can equal MBII fighting style...
Sarrecm'ar'reccarve
Lost One

Post by Sarrecm'ar'reccarve »

In ::JEDI::, a majority of those who spar, try to 'RP' spar. Meaning that we try to avoid using the game mechanics and make our spars look more realistic. I, personally, don't know what the spars in MBII look like, but I know that there are plenty of people in ::JEDI:: who can use the game mechanics, but choose not to for the more realistic sparring.
|Age_41|Species_Chiss|Home world_Csilla/Jabiim|Mentor_Xa'o Zalei, Gabe Alkorda|Padawans_Arikakon Genkal, Aldor Arkanous|

Sig By: Sarrecm'ar'reccarve
Skin Updated: 8/16/09
Dany

Post by Dany »

MBII gives more realistic fight, with no HP loss with blocks given by altattack key... However it's hard to explain how does MBII saber system works here, an explaination would be worthless actually... Anyway I wrote it just as consideration of a much more realistic saber system that would allow to RP better even in fights, but of course this is just an observations, facts are different since emulating MBII saber system is maybe excessively hard
Zyrn
Lost One

Post by Zyrn »

Basically you can block until your little red bar goes down.
Axem Keigoku
Exiled

Post by Axem Keigoku »

Modification of the Combat system would be hard to do, and thus is not planned for now.

But we do have the following ideas and suggestion running around the DevTeam :
  • Fatigue (à-la MBII) system
  • Manual blocking system
  • Slowed Stances to help the blocking
  • Kick-attack to Alt Attack instead of Throw
The point of the DevTeam's reluctance is to insure balance within the game.

¬ Axem Keigoku
Aayla Vigil
Lost One

Post by Aayla Vigil »

Since I have no idea of what modding is, and I can't even imagine how you change a setting I will only tell you what I heard about this matter... MBII saber system was enforced when OJP enhanced code was released, AS FAR AS I HEARD!
Now I don't know how that happened or even what that means, but searching the web I foudn this: http://boards.theforce.net/games_videog ... 102115/p1/

I hope this information will be useful in the future.

You can't choose what is right

Zyrn
Lost One

Post by Zyrn »

Can you post the MB2 one you made, i really liek those sabers even if they aren't as epic as MBII