A few animation ideas

Post your ideas and suggestions here
Syrena Exan
Lost One

A few animation ideas

Post by Syrena Exan »

1. Could the positioning for emsleep be flipped, and an emsleep2 be created so that we can face either direction? And on the topic of emsleep, can another emsleep emote be created for the younglings, as we sink halfway into the bed when we use it?

2. I don't think this will be possible, but it's worth a shot. Can another swimming emote be created, say, one where we can float on our backs? The animation would be taken form one of the death emotes maybe, and it just function like regular swimming where we have to keep ourselves afloat.

3. Could the animations such as emconsole and emraisehand be made to work while sitting? It'd be nice to work on my datapad while sitting in a chair, or in the meditative position.

4. Whatever happened to emsit2, where the arms were crossed? Sometimes the sloppy positioning and the position of the head are just inappropriate for the situation, such as a teacher sitting in the chair at the head of the classroom area.

5. Can the ematease emote be switched to have the arms at the front?

6. A standing emote with the armcross from amsit2. This would be perfect for a teacher scolding a student. Hehe.

Species: Falleen | Age: 116 | Mentor: Jared Quell | Padawans: Kaelen Sekura, Kantha Maitri, Salvong, Var Dalledos, Claude Varron

Arikakon Genkal
Lost One

Post by Arikakon Genkal »

If I knew where it was in SP, I'd take a screenie, but there IS a baseJKA animation for the arms crossed, because Kyle does it in cutscenes all the time.

"Laws are like sausages. You don't want to see them being made." ~Otto von Bismarck
Aldia

Post by Aldia »

I like those ideas especially number 5.

I noticed on Modview when I skinned models, there were more than one sit positions. Can you add those too?

234.20 [57?]
Beloved Wife, Mother, & Princess

I don't need you to believe in me to make me know I'm worth believing in.
I can stand my own ground & stand proud on my own two feet.
I don't need to be apart of someone else to be complete, what I really need comes from inside of me.

Aayla Vigil
Lost One

Post by Aayla Vigil »

I totally agree as well, these would be very helpful in hte roleplay

You can't choose what is right

Gabe Alkorda
Lost One

Post by Gabe Alkorda »

To my knowledge, flipping, changing positions of arms and what-not, all requires actually re-doing animations. Changing the position of sleep, like you mentioned, has already been done, because that's a coding function, and not something you have to switch with the animation. Bringing the arms out front instead of in back in amatease, however, is an animation problem.

As far as I know, no one in JEDI can animate, or either they're just not willing to.
Samoon Chooga
Lost One

Post by Samoon Chooga »

Oh? I can surely try. I know the programs that are needed. I'll see what I can do.
Syrena Exan
Lost One

Post by Syrena Exan »

Well what about at least the other sit animation where the arms are crossed? Since that's already there, can we bring it back? Sometimes sitting sloppy looking off into nowhere just doesn't fit.

Species: Falleen | Age: 116 | Mentor: Jared Quell | Padawans: Kaelen Sekura, Kantha Maitri, Salvong, Var Dalledos, Claude Varron