Kicking while having a saber.

Post your ideas and suggestions here
Ametha Tasia
Lost One

Kicking while having a saber.

Post by Ametha Tasia »

This has been mentiontioned before, but I felt the need to restart it.

Verywell, you all know that we cannot kick while using a saber. All we can do is jump kick which is rediculously spammable due to it protecting the person from getting countered via the back flip.

Thus, I suggest having a kick like the one with staff or the one in melee combat because it's more realistic than having to rp ::Kicks X in the face::
Even with binds that would be quite difficult to stage.

-Now I know what all of you are going to say: "Why add another spammable feature?" Well, because unlike jump kick, it "can" be countered quite easilly. Just move back and strike.

-"Why add something so lacking?" Because it's usefull for kicking back someone who has gotten too close.

-"What happens if people keep doing that?" Well If they keep kicking you when you get too close you can simply move sideways and strike or they can rp properly, because "ALL" moves are spammable.

Well, please any questions? thoughts? concerns?
|age_48|height_1.72m|weight_64kg |race_mirialan|mentor_aknaross.myotis| padawans_serris.k'ral/oberon.pentari/voth.ahkrin|
Aslyn Denethorn
Lost One

Post by Aslyn Denethorn »

Ametha Tasia
Lost One

Post by Ametha Tasia »

Ametha Tasia wrote:This has been mentiontioned before, but I felt the need to restart it.
|age_48|height_1.72m|weight_64kg |race_mirialan|mentor_aknaross.myotis| padawans_serris.k'ral/oberon.pentari/voth.ahkrin|
Fane Ornn'ila
Lost One

Post by Fane Ornn'ila »

jump kick is easier to counter than the normal kick, due to the slow landing...

as well as the kick would be something to 'buy' with XP beauce it uses the alt attack, and I'd rather have saber throw, than a kick that I can do with a quick weapon switch.

Fane Ornn'ila - Jedi Knight
¦ Mentor: Kaelen Sekura ¦

Ametha Tasia
Lost One

Post by Ametha Tasia »

I never said it should replace saber throw, just give it an alternative command. And no, normal kick is easier to counter.
Alkur Tekeil
Exiled

Post by Alkur Tekeil »

Kicking with a saber involves alterations in the .sab files for lightsabers. Using X lightsaber (or perhaps a variation of X saber) would be altered in order for you to do that. From what I understand about .sab files its an either-or situation--saber throw or kick.

Perhaps Aknaross (our saber pack guy) could shed some new light on it though.
Fane Ornn'ila
Lost One

Post by Fane Ornn'ila »

Ametha Tasia wrote:I never said it should replace saber throw, just give it an alternative command.
No you didn't say so, but that is what it will do. it's either throw, or kick. What Alkur said is correct.
Ametha Tasia wrote:And no, normal kick is easier to counter.
That's your opinion, then.

Aknaross Myotis
Lost One

Post by Aknaross Myotis »

It's possible to change alter-attack to almost all animations, I tried to staff kick on Nivek's but did not work out. Though, Corinth's hilts are able to perform an anim that make the same physical pushing to knock one down.

But, it would take saber throw off and since there is no way to bind a key for that, there would have no way to.

Unless, Soh code the mod likely OJP, which you can bind key for throw (I think you can) and alter-attack (right button) it's set to Staff kick.

Keep on the discussion, that was my light. 8)

|age_??|height_1.83m|weight_81kg|race_echani|mentor_corinth.alkorda/nivek.tholmai|padawan_ametha.tasia|

Fane Ornn'ila
Lost One

Post by Fane Ornn'ila »

Then it's safe to say that, unless another key would be programmed for a possible kick, while keeping alt attack there for the throw it's unlikely.

Aduro Tovar

Post by Aduro Tovar »

I think it's a need becuase realisticly jedi do that and it just seems wierd that a lightsaber won't give us the freedom to do it.

/SUPPORT!
Species:Twi'lek
Ametha Tasia
Lost One

Post by Ametha Tasia »

Well, ojp is open source. It's allowed to remove codes from it, sorry if I'm being dumb but wouldn't it be easy to add the kick feature to rp mod? Given the fact that it makes sparring even more real.
Aknaross Myotis
Lost One

Post by Aknaross Myotis »

- Physical Combat -
(lowers to the part the article details it with examples of use)

That is a canon reference for all physical moves applied on a combat, even lightsaber duels.

Basically, it's every CQC (Close Quaters Combat) fight move that we use on melee spars, applied on lightsaber arts.

Realistic, yet to be analize for implement on the mod, if it's the will of our Coder.

|age_??|height_1.83m|weight_81kg|race_echani|mentor_corinth.alkorda/nivek.tholmai|padawan_ametha.tasia|

Ametha Tasia
Lost One

Post by Ametha Tasia »

If this were something we could solve with rp i would not have suggested it.

I think it's needed due to the fact that it's quite easy to do "physically speaking" as compared to the jump kick which is...weird. :P
Sasha Raven
Lost One

Post by Sasha Raven »

This discussion is starting to sound a little bit nit picky…My opinion, regardless of how it’s accomplished. Only people with years AND YEARS (IE :: MasterCorinth) of combat time should be able to use melee with saber. A rookie would cut their own limbs off.
|height_5.11ft.|race_human| mentor_corinth.alkorda|Skin : http://www.gamefront.com/files/24280582/Sasha.zip
Fane Ornn'ila
Lost One

Post by Fane Ornn'ila »

It's not too hard to move your saber aside then preform a kick :roll: If it can be solved with extra prgramming, adding another key for it then perhaps, otherwise I think we should pass.