Expansion to rpempower

Post your ideas and suggestions here
Nicholae Carnassi
Lost One

Expansion to rpempower

Post by Nicholae Carnassi »

I'd like to know if an expansion to the rpempower command is possible. This could help a lot in the roleplaying of learning new abilities, or for aided bursts.

Code: Select all

/rpempower [client] [ability] [level]
For example:

/rpempower sawyer grip 1
This would enable Sawyer to temporarily have grip, at level 1.

Another example of what could be possible:

/rpempower sawyer all 1
This would work like classic rpempower, except that all of the abilities would be at level 1, instead of 3. This could also enable us to rpempower past level 3.

For classic empower, it would simply be:

/rpempower sawyer all 3
What do you think?
Elu Dako

Post by Elu Dako »

I totally support this idea!

/rpgivexp Nicholae 500 =D
Sasha Raven
Lost One

Post by Sasha Raven »

I support it if it's not complicated to do ((I don't know c++))

It only makes sense that it would be that way. Nice suggestion Master Carnassi.
|height_5.11ft.|race_human| mentor_corinth.alkorda|Skin : http://www.gamefront.com/files/24280582/Sasha.zip
Delmi N'jork
Jedi Master

Post by Delmi N'jork »

Support this x100000000000000000000000.
|Age_187|Height_7'3|Weight_427lb|Race_Nelvaan|Mentor_Maloush Paroveid|Padawans_Aurien Uriah_Amoné Fayden_Tergos Zemnos_Esth Me'sku_Virtuo Alegan_Tweek Etimau_Dithaal_Sirius Invictus_Aqua Sol_Ina'eo'nekri
Nira'kalen'nuruodo
Lost One

Post by Nira'kalen'nuruodo »

Whether or not it's complicated to implement is more or less irrelevant as Soh is the only one having to write any of the code (and as a point of interest, both JKA and the idTech 3 engine are written in good old-fashioned C).

I can see a more flexible /rpempower command coming in useful, particularly in the suggested form. I'm all for it.

Nira'kalen'nuruodo
"Strive not to be a success, but rather to be of value."
|age_53|height_1.7m|weight_85kg|species_chiss|mentor_cyril.feraan|padawan_eugen.darkrider_nastajja.arren|

Delmi N'jork
Jedi Master

Post by Delmi N'jork »

I also support taking away the little glowy's as well. It takes me out of the RP to see the myself or someone else involved is empowered.
|Age_187|Height_7'3|Weight_427lb|Race_Nelvaan|Mentor_Maloush Paroveid|Padawans_Aurien Uriah_Amoné Fayden_Tergos Zemnos_Esth Me'sku_Virtuo Alegan_Tweek Etimau_Dithaal_Sirius Invictus_Aqua Sol_Ina'eo'nekri
Nicholae Carnassi
Lost One

Post by Nicholae Carnassi »

Delmi wrote:I also support taking away the little glowy's as well. It takes me out of the RP to see the myself or someone else involved is empowered.
You have a valid point, but I personally would keep the glow. It helps to be a reminder that you need to unempower them when you're done. It might be easy to forget after a lesson if you don't have any sort of indicator.
Ellana

Post by Ellana »

Sasha Raven wrote:I support it if it's not complicated to do ((I don't know c++))

It only makes sense that it would be that way. Nice suggestion Master Carnassi.
It's a great idea! But as stated above, if it's too complicated I don't think it would be worth the work. :(
Delmi N'jork
Jedi Master

Post by Delmi N'jork »

Nicholae Carnassi wrote:You have a valid point, but I personally would keep the glow. It helps to be a reminder that you need to unempower them when you're done. It might be easy to forget after a lesson if you don't have any sort of indicator.
True. I would suggest adding a command that would make it togglable then? So, if it's during a class or what not you can see it, but during a mission or whatever it would be there.
Amoné Fayden
Lost One

Post by Amoné Fayden »

Nicholae Carnassi wrote:
Delmi wrote:I also support taking away the little glowy's as well. It takes me out of the RP to see the myself or someone else involved is empowered.
You have a valid point, but I personally would keep the glow. It helps to be a reminder that you need to unempower them when you're done. It might be easy to forget after a lesson if you don't have any sort of indicator.
It also helps identify when people are using it illegitimately.
I'm not sure what policy surrounds the /rpempower command and what constitutes as appropriate usage, but I'm pretty certain folks get edgy over it's abuse.

However, putting that aside, this suggestion is excellent.
It would save giving the whole shebang just for one skill.
I made a similar thread to this in regards to weapons.

I take it the Force regen would remain the same as usual for /rpempower?
Last edited by Amoné Fayden on Thu Oct 13, 2011 6:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Human/Zabrak | Jedi Knight | Padawan: Kieran Orion

Davek-Suun-Ki

Post by Davek-Suun-Ki »

I like the idea...hopefully its not too hard to implement.
Ctathos
Lost One

Post by Ctathos »

Great idea :D

Just as a 'save keystrokes' thought, perhaps classic empower would remain as it is :

/rpempower sawyer
However, additional syntax being added would further specify. For a standard level three (the default, if left undefined) simply:

rpempower sawyer jump
Then for specifics, as mentioned above. I don't play anymore, but this is a really cool idea :)

Kih Bu
Lost One

Post by Kih Bu »

Excellent suggestion, particularly in regards to specifying the level as well as the ability. I'd definately make use of this were it to be implemented. :)

-
JKHub | JEDI Videos | Files

i¯i▀▀▀▀▀i¯i‾°δ‾‾Pך

Ametha Tasia
Lost One

Post by Ametha Tasia »

Support this suggestion. Excellent idea Nicholae!
|age_48|height_1.72m|weight_64kg |race_mirialan|mentor_aknaross.myotis| padawans_serris.k'ral/oberon.pentari/voth.ahkrin|
Des Anaro
Lost One

Post by Des Anaro »

I can only agree with the others, sounds like a great idea and and a good way to change the learning process a bit.