(("Outting, 309.16".))

Discussions which are Out of Character.
Kieran Orion
Lost One

(("Outting, 309.16".))

Post by Kieran Orion »

Good Evening/Morning everyone.

On behalf of both myself and Delmi, I wanted to discuss the recent change to the scheduled 'Outting' we had originally planned for today. Sadly, we've had to push it forward a bit, as you would have all noticed by now, due to Real Life Circumstance on Delmi's end and while this couldn't be helped, I understand this is possibly going to put a few members out a little, some unable to attend as they'd wished to. I suggested to Delmi that we move it for the week rather than the Weekend because Christmas is rapidly approaching us and I wasn't sure how many of us would be away with family and spending this time with those closest to us, however, several people have already mentioned they'd have great difficulty in attending now, possibly not being able to make it at all...

So the purpose of this thread is first off, not to complain about the difficulty of making this Outting, we all know our Real lives come first, but rather gain a better idea of how many of you are going to be able to make it during the week, and how many would prefer this coming weekend, thus being Christmas Eve...(You can see why I suggested the week...).

Please be considerate of each other whilst replying to this thread, we realize the difficulty many have with their time zones and it is an inevitability that we might not be able to cater for everyone though keep in mind the chance of this 'Outting' being our last is incredibly unlikely and we will all have our chance to enjoy role playing together soon enough.

My regards to you all during this time of year.
- Kieran Orion.

Homeworld: Iridonia | Languages: Basic, Ul'Zabrak | Mentor: Amone Fayden | Jedi Knight | Circle of Artisans.

Ahkro Cerinla
Lost One

Re: (("Outting, 309.16".))

Post by Ahkro Cerinla »

Christmas is on the 25th and 26th, so tuesday and wednesday, I don't see an immediate problem doing it in the weekend, considering that the monday would be christmas eve.
I don't have any problem with coming tuesday either.
Species: Thyrsian | Born: 289.20 | Age:24 | Initiated:304.15 | Height: 1.83 | Weight: 84.2kg | Languages: Thyrsian mimetics, Basic, Huttese (Fluent), Shyriiwook (Understanding), Bocce (Fluent), Zabraki (Fluent)
Kieran Orion
Lost One

Post by Kieran Orion »

Oh wow...Glad you picked that up...'Scuse my early morning mishap, yes you're right, how'd I get that mixed up...

Homeworld: Iridonia | Languages: Basic, Ul'Zabrak | Mentor: Amone Fayden | Jedi Knight | Circle of Artisans.

Delmi N'jork
Jedi Master

Post by Delmi N'jork »

I'll just make a quick remark on the fact that I was a little disappointed that a few people got a attitude with me for going to help a friend that is pretty much family in a time of need. We all have real lives outside of JEDI; jobs, kids, spouses/significant others, other social activities or even other gaming. Things are inevitably going to come up and due to the fact that JEDI is literally all over the world, with different schedules and obligations, it will be next to impossible to please everyone's timing. So apologise for changing times (even though I really shouldn't have to) and if have a serious problem with this or me I suggest you come and talk so we can get things worked out instead of creating drama and hate behind each other's backs.
|Age_187|Height_7'3|Weight_427lb|Race_Nelvaan|Mentor_Maloush Paroveid|Padawans_Aurien Uriah_Amoné Fayden_Tergos Zemnos_Esth Me'sku_Virtuo Alegan_Tweek Etimau_Dithaal_Sirius Invictus_Aqua Sol_Ina'eo'nekri
Dewanta

Post by Dewanta »

I completely understand you mate, and you don't owe to neither of us any apology. However if we're going to do this the weekend right before Christmas, I suppose we would be as active as we should've been today :) (Of course only if the world doesn't end in the meantime :lol: )

Name: Dewanta | Age: 8 | Species: Wookiee | Homeworld: Kashyyyk
Speaks: Shyriiwook | Understands: Shyriiwook, Basic.

Motoko
Lost One

Post by Motoko »

If I gave the impression that missing the date for any RL reason was inadequate, I apologize.

What frustrated me was that an event originally planned for a weekend, was then moved to the middle of a weekday when there was no chance I could attend due to work. However I also understand that during this time of year, scheduling things is a bit of a headache because everyone's schedule is anything but normal.

I give mad props to Amoné though for stepping up and filling the time with an activity last minute, and trying to include everyone.
Amoné Fayden
Lost One

Post by Amoné Fayden »

I just took advantage of what seemed to be united motivation to do something.

Real Life needs tending to and sometimes you just don't get the same crowd once you reschedule. It's just one of those things I'm afraid.

What we should perhaps consider, if everyone is willing, is what JEDI will being doing as far as "Life Day".
It is that time of year after all and by recent tradition, we change the Grounds/Galaxy map to something festive.

So what I am proposing is that we can either:
  • Do the Arbra outing on Tuesday at the exclusion of others and use the coming weekend for a Life Day event.
  • Do the Arbra outing this coming weekend and screw Life Day events.
Either way I don't think we're going to have the time or activity to cater to both in the last weekend before the Holidays.

Human/Zabrak | Jedi Knight | Padawan: Kieran Orion

Rita Sandria
Lost One

Post by Rita Sandria »

I would really like to uphold our life day traditions, personally. Not going to lie, have been sort of looking forward to some IC celebrations. :D
Kieran Orion
Lost One

Post by Kieran Orion »

Definetly want to see Life Day go ahead, possibly with the map I suggested to you, Amone. Otherwise, I'm not honestly fussed. I'm just pleased seeing our Servers in good use and Rping like we used to!

Sebastin Creed
Lost One

Post by Sebastin Creed »

Hello all,

I was actually asked about Life Day by Skrassk over MSN (when it decided to stop lagging for a few seconds...) and I would like to see it come about.

So, here is what I propose since Rita, Kieran and Skrassk asked about it first. You guys think up some ideas for Life Day, pass them onto Fayden.

Fayden, if you are up to the challenge of seeing to these ideas, then you have my permission. However, if you cannot, then let me know and I will make other arrangements.

I agree that Life Day is as good a reason as any to celebrate the time and turning of the year, so let's make it happen?

P.S Also, don't be put off by how awesome mine and Azra'el's fire works display was last time, that was just sheer genius. :lol:

|Padawan(s): Olim Adasca|Rita Sandria| Kantha Maitri|Shaok Panek|Kajuun Mujai|Jago Mirax|Jerex Sol

Skrassk
Lost One

Post by Skrassk »

Sebastin Creed wrote:Hello all,

I was actually asked about Life Day by Skrassk over MSN (when it decided to stop lagging for a few seconds...) and I would like to see it come about.

So, here is what I propose since Rita, Kieran and Skrassk asked about it first. You guys think up some ideas for Life Day, pass them onto Fayden.

Fayden, if you are up to the challenge of seeing to these ideas, then you have my permission. However, if you cannot, then let me know and I will make other arrangements.

I agree that Life Day is as good a reason as any to celebrate the time and turning of the year, so let's make it happen?

P.S Also, don't be put off by how awesome mine and Azra'el's fire works display was last time, that was just sheer genius. :lol:
Makes me wish I'd been around last month for it ::Pouts with jealousy::, I wanna help in some shape or form but my planning abilities suck :(.
Amoné Fayden
Lost One

Post by Amoné Fayden »

Nice try Seb! :P

I won't be able to commit to this fully on my own as it's my first Christmas with my wife. So I'm not going to take on all this by myself.

I'm happy to pitch in with ideas of course but unless we are able to start this during the week, I'm pretty much out.
I MIGHT have some time during the day on Saturday or Sunday but they would be early hours (0500-1100 GST) which might not suit the Americans. I can't really gaurantee that though.

So unless the Council or other Masters have free time on their hands to help chip in, I'm only going to be able to contribute my part on Wednesday and Thursday of this week between 1300 and 1800 GST.

Sebastin Creed
Lost One

Post by Sebastin Creed »

Was more of an offer, Ammo :P , but nice try.

I am happy for anyone to look at it really, I just thought you were noting you were interested in a Life Day. Anyway, I have my family coming to mine this year so I may or may not be able to get on and handle said arrangements myself but because I can't guarantee it I can't take on the responsibility fully (even though it's just a case of getting the festive maps loaded and RPing a start to said celebrations) but I hope to be free the Saturday or Sunday before Christmas Eve.

Again, if there are people wanting to see some form of Life Day over the weekend - feel free to collaborate.

|Padawan(s): Olim Adasca|Rita Sandria| Kantha Maitri|Shaok Panek|Kajuun Mujai|Jago Mirax|Jerex Sol

Illrian Damaris
Lost One

Post by Illrian Damaris »

If I happen to be free this weekend I'd be willing to help get things setup and rolling, however I'm currently struggling to get some money as I'm trying to drive cross-country to go spend Christmas week with my girlfriend, but if I have the time I'll come on to help. :)
| species_zabrak | age_55 | defender |
| initiated_280.17 | mentor_
aayla vigil |
| knighted_298.25 | padawan_
sawyer snow.rui vuusen |
Amoné Fayden
Lost One

Post by Amoné Fayden »

Okay.
I have ideas and options, however my availability is really going to stink I'm afraid.

Before I go ahead any further and open the box, are any of the following times reasonable (on a majority basis) for a "Begin the Life Day Festivities" Role Play?
  • 309.19 (Wednesday) - 1300 GST - 1800 GST
  • 309.20 (Thursday) - 1300 GST - 1800 GST
  • 309.22 (Saturday) - 0500 GST - 1000 GST
  • 309.23 (Sunday) - 0500 GST - 1000 GST
If any of those days and times are compatible with a majority of JEDI, then I will be happy to kick-start Life Day this year. Now, there's going to be people that can't make those times, I understand. However, the RP isn't likely to be over in 2 minutes. It should hopefully go on well after a few of us EU's drop out for the night so it's not like you'd miss out on everything if you showed up late!

If you could respond to this thread and let me know if those times are suitable, I would appreciate it. The quicker you let me know the better as time is ticking and I/we could use the time to prepare.