Configuration Screen

Post your ideas and suggestions here
Gidan

Post by Gidan »

I agree as well but I don't think the Movie Battles II menu would be the best for this. It does what needs to be done good but I don't think it would suit this mod well but that is imo.
Alkur Tekeil
Exiled

Post by Alkur Tekeil »

Gabe Alkorda wrote:I'm all for menu revision. Like Master Tholmai, I don't ever use the menu, but I definitely would be more inclined to use it if it were easier on the eyes and easier to navigate through. I think this is a great suggestion, and would not only help with the ease of use, but also with the further "personalization" of RPMod.
I'm with Gabe on this one, one hundred percent. I don't use the menu just because I find it less effective in comparison to the console, and frankly I just think its ugly.

Plus, we have to consider "marketing" the mod to non-JEDI when it hits v1.0, a new look would be enticing.
Sared Kilvan
Lost One
Location: Pouring like an avalanche coming down the mountain.

Post by Sared Kilvan »

Alkur Tekeil wrote:I don't use the menu just because I find it less effective in comparison to the console, and frankly I just think its ugly.

Plus, we have to consider "marketing" the mod to non-JEDI when it hits v1.0, a new look would be enticing.
Bold added for emphasis. I also agree that this would help the overall 'feel' of the mod for public release.

Nira'kalen'nuruodo
Lost One

Post by Nira'kalen'nuruodo »

Regarding the redesign of the menus, here is a proposal for the "Profile" menu:

I've kept the standard JKA asthetic for the moment. "Load Model" loads the model path typed into the text box, "Choose Model" would bring up the stock JKA icon-based skin menu, while "Custom" brings up the customisation screen. Other than the model preview, everything else is BaseJKA (although I couldn't be bothered recreating the icons for the Force and Saber screens).

If we're discussing redoing the menus, it might also be an idea to stick in a bit of code that tells JKA to render the GUI at the right aspect ratio for widescreen resolutions. The JKA menus are plain ugly at 1920x1080. :P

Nira'kalen'nuruodo
"Strive not to be a success, but rather to be of value."
|age_53|height_1.7m|weight_85kg|species_chiss|mentor_cyril.feraan|padawan_eugen.darkrider_nastajja.arren|

Aslyn Denethorn
Lost One

Post by Aslyn Denethorn »

Akalenn, that's awesome! Don't think much of the HUD you're using, but as a character screen, that's pretty damn amazing.
Sared Kilvan
Lost One
Location: Pouring like an avalanche coming down the mountain.

Post by Sared Kilvan »

That is exactly the sort of layout I had in mind! It looks both delicious and nutritious!

Sasha Raven
Lost One

Post by Sasha Raven »

both delicious and nutritious!
Very nice work!
|height_5.11ft.|race_human| mentor_corinth.alkorda|Skin : http://www.gamefront.com/files/24280582/Sasha.zip
Xaran Varc

Post by Xaran Varc »

Very nice. Give me some, please.
Selan
Lost One

Post by Selan »

*thumbs up* great work!
Koa'da Torik

Post by Koa'da Torik »

<3. Mommy, can I keep him?

Excellent work there. I have no talent for that kind of thing at all, so I just kind of mooch off of others. :) Seriously, great job.

Click sig for skin, mirror replaced
“Contentment is natural wealth, luxury is artificial poverty” ~ Socrates
Delmi N'jork
Jedi Master

Post by Delmi N'jork »

Sweet! And I like that hud too :)
|Age_187|Height_7'3|Weight_427lb|Race_Nelvaan|Mentor_Maloush Paroveid|Padawans_Aurien Uriah_Amoné Fayden_Tergos Zemnos_Esth Me'sku_Virtuo Alegan_Tweek Etimau_Dithaal_Sirius Invictus_Aqua Sol_Ina'eo'nekri
Yrael Grekkis
Lost One

Post by Yrael Grekkis »

...Right, my comment won't be as.. uhm... PG as the others. O.o

Great design.
RP Age: 14
Gidan

Post by Gidan »

That is a very nice Profile Screen but I don't like the lack of a HUD. I guess beggars can't be choosers though.
Koa'da Torik

Post by Koa'da Torik »

The HUD isn't part of it :)

Click sig for skin, mirror replaced
“Contentment is natural wealth, luxury is artificial poverty” ~ Socrates
Ergo Stomi
Lost One

Post by Ergo Stomi »

His hud is already in JKA, its just one of the cg_hudfiles.

"...a burning brand to your enemies, a brilliant fire to your friends."
| age _ 52| height _ 1.89 meters | weight _ 95.1 kilograms | race _ kel.dor | mentor _ rash.loist | padawans _ larkit / johauna.darkrider / daereon.daimon |